Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our First "Pink Saturday" of 2010!!!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Good morning Ladies! Happy New Year to you all! It is the first "Pink Saturday" of 2010,....however our hostess Beverly at "How Sweet The Sound" has suggested we post about something we would like to accomplish this year.... & has given her permission to not necessarily use the color pink, even though "Pink" will return here next week!.....Well as many of you know I always have a million projects swirling around in my "noggin" & of course at this time of year maybe an additional one or two as well!.....However, two projects that are at the top of my list are #1- "To become an exceptional cook"!....I don't mean just trying a new recipe every once in awhile, but truly using my cookbooks & creating some well-planned, healthy & gorgeous meals!!...I will try & post recipes often, on my blog & keep them listed here as well!.....Next year I would like the list to be very long & to be quite versed in the culinary arts!!!........
I guess we'll see! :)

And the #2 must do project for 2010, is to get back to my "quilting"!!....I have been so very busy, that my quilting has been tucked away for some time!.....but no more!....It is a new year & piecing a quilt just makes me feel like I am a pioneer woman of the 1800's!...& I love it!!...My mother often tells me I was born far to late in our history & I think she is so right!! :)

So for this year it is all about "wonderful aromas" coming from my kitchen & "warm quilts" tossed over our beds!..So please wish me luck!....& lots of time!!..I really think I will need lots of both!!!.....Now I'm off to see what you all are planning for 2010!!.....Heidi XO

22 comments:

caren January 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Your projects sound like so much fun! I would like to learn to cook better - maybe one day! Your quilts are beautiful - another think I would like to learn. Maybe I should just come hang out with you!

Happy New Year and PS!

claudia January 2, 2010 at 4:21 AM  

Happy New Year 2010 from Tenerife!!!

suesueb January 2, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

Sounds like fun to me!! I love cooking but sewing is always my first love. Happy pink week!

Ginger January 2, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Love your blog, hope you get your projects done as planned. Come by and see me.

Happy New Year
Ginger
glitter and roses

Grace January 2, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Happy Pink Saturday! Good luck with getting all your projects done..Hugs Grace

Amisha January 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

You will be able to do it! Happy New Year!

Unknown January 2, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

I love viewing all the quilts you ladies make ... I collect feedsack vintage fabrics & love to see them in quilts.

Good luck with your projects.

Happy New Year, TTFN ~ Marydon

Kate Smith January 2, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Happy New Year and Happy Pink Saturday.

You are the second person that mentioned quilting and now I'm feeling the urge to quilt after years away from it. I have many other projects myself so will have to live through your quilt projects. Can't wait to see what you work on this year.

Beverly January 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Your plans sound wonderful, Heidi. Those delightful aromas and warm quilts will be a great bonus for your family.

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy New Year.

Sonia January 2, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

You definitely have some great goals! I love quilts too! Cooking is always fun and interesting to try new flavors and spices! Happy Pink Saturday and New Year! Sonia

Pam January 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

First of all Good Luck with your projects. They sound like wonderful projects for the coming year.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Rebecca January 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

You can do it! Cook us up some yum-o dishes! lol I just adore quilts, but have never tried my hand at one. Have a lovely weekend!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Claudia January 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

You have bitten quite a bite off for your goals! Your family will certainly be the benificiaries of wonderful food and life time treasures.

Always such a joy to stop by... I know you are very busy -- but if you ever get a moment i would love for you to stop by and say hi.

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

Cathy January 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Happy New Year,

Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Yup, it is.

Please join me in my very first "Amour Valentine Swap". It's going to be easy, peezy and so much fun.

Just drop on over to my blog for the details, then send me an email if you'd like to participate. The more the merrier.

Thanks,

Cathy

Light and Voices January 2, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

Happy New Year from our house to your house. I hope all your dreams come true in 2010.
Joyce, IL, USA

Cottage Rose January 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Hi Heidi; Sounds like you have a great Plan for this year... I love to quilt and have been working on some baby ones,, but want to make a larger one too.. I really love your new banner... Wishing you lots of luck, but I am sure you won't need it... Have a wonderful weekend..

Hugs;
Alaura

Nan January 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Well good for you on the quilt. I have three quilts in the works myself what I call 'on going' quilts. I need to take inspiration from you can get on mine too.

Anonymous,  January 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

I made a promise to try new things in the kitchen also my girls set up an etsy account for me the pressure is on for 2010!!! I am wishing you luck... and maybe my piggy bank can purchase a quilt next winter.... here's to 2010
Kim Snaza

fitty's pinky rose cottage January 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

Happy New Year & Happy PS! All the best with your plans for this year..

fitty

Sherri January 3, 2010 at 4:25 AM  

Looking forward to seeing you "new" quilt creations and to hear about your culinary endeavors!

BailiwickStudio January 4, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

My mom used to say the same thing to me - she thought I should have been born in her Grandmother's time... I rather agree, sometimes! Best of luck with your goals! ::Jill

deb January 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

LOVE your blog, so glad I found it, and I cant wait to try Inas recipe, I love her....thanks so much for your inspiration!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP