Related Posts with Thumbnails

"January"......

Thursday, January 7, 2010

This month, in the January issue of my on-line newsletter, "Living Little with Heidi", I wrote a small piece about the this wonderfully wintery month....I hope you enjoy it!.....

“January”

“January, January” …..for me this month is all about “home”. After a couple months of enjoying the company of others, as well as taking part in all that the holiday season has to offer…..I am now ready to keep January all to myself. At this time of year I wish to hibernate if you will. I want to keep to myself, in my own little home, with my own little family. I want to “batten-down-the-hatches”, light a fire & snuggle into the softest chair I own…..Even though I live in an area with mild winter temperatures, it makes no difference in my world….Whether I’m living in New York or California, my lifestyle in January is much the same, with maybe the exception being a daily walk without snow & ice.
In January, I immerse myself in embroidery & quilting!…. sewing that can be accomplished while curled up watching deliciously beautiful movies, that usually involve the stories of Jane Austin.
In January, I vow I will pen a few hand-written letters & read classic literature.
In January, I plan meals of hot, bubbling soups & chowders recipes found in the pages of old cookbooks, & ones always accompanied by crusty loaves of bread & homemade fruit cobblers….
In January, I renew my commitments to “take time for myself” & remind myself once again that the word “no” can be the most valuable tool in avoiding an overbooked & stressful life.
In January, I claim a tiny corner of this world just for me.....one that
is calm & peaceful & all mine.

Note: If you would like to receive my newsletter please contact me at HeidiDevlin@gmail.com

2 comments:

Unknown January 7, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

What a great blog...glad I "stumbled" in. Happy New Year from Houston, TX.

Angie at Home January 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

So... do you think you'll be hosting a Valentine or Easter Basket swap this year? I love participating in your swaps... and don't want to miss any.

Happy New Year

Angela
http://angiebeth.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP