Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Russet Shades of Autumn"....

Monday, October 6, 2008

The beautiful "russet shades of autumn" is what this post is all about!....Oranges, rusts & mahoganys are the colors that are dominating the season...& so they should be! What could be more appropriate!....."Warm, cozy, inviting color" is exactly what we are attracted to with the drop in temperatures & shorter days ahead.....It's interesting, isn't it?.... that Mother Nature has the perfect prescription for the "sadness" we feel when "bright summer" leaves us....She helps us cope, by treating us to simply the most spectacular spectrum of fall color that only she can provide!....Appreciate all her efforts...after all, these "Russet Shades of Autumn" only come but once a year!.......


A "touch of russet" adorning an old door.....


"Russet little spheres".... scattered across a country field.....


"Russet", all dresses up!.....


And a most mouth-watering, ..."pale russet dessert".....Country Living's "Pumpkin-Goat Cheese Cheesecake"...

1.25 cup(s) granola, (no large nuts or raisins)
3 ounce(s) wafer cookies, crushed, such as Jules Destrooper Crisp Butter Wafers
.333 cup(s) dark brown sugar
1.25 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
1.25 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
.75 teaspoon(s) fresh ground nutmeg
.5 teaspoon(s) salt
.25 cup(s) butter, melted
2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted, combine with above
8 ounce(s) goat cheese
1.5 cup(s) granulated sugar
2 package(s) (16 ounces) cream cheese
1.25 cup(s) pumpkin puree, solid pack
1 cup(s) sour cream
3 large eggs
1.5 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the granola, cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir in the butter and pat the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Beat the goat cheese and sugar together using an electric mixer set on low speed. Add the cream cheese and beat for one more minute. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to beat on low speed for 20 minutes or until the mixture is very smooth. Transfer the batter to the prepared springform pan and bake in the middle of the oven until set, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours until cake is completely set. Bring cake to room temperature before serving.
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
Purchase ready-to-go graham cracker crumbs and make the crust according to the directions on the package.

Note: I have not tried this recipe yet, but am going to any day now!....I hope you will too!
Note: Be sure & sign up for my Very Vintage Christmas Swap!.....Just push the button I have posted for all the details!....

15 comments:

Anonymous,  October 7, 2008 at 4:37 AM  

What a beautiful and yummy post. I love it, Heidi.

My mother loves the pumpkin cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory. Your recipe reminds me that I should get some for her. And, I must stop and get me a Pumpkin Spice Latte while I'm out. ;-)

Tracy October 7, 2008 at 4:55 AM  

Hi, Heidi! Oh, that cheesecake is calling my name! I love cheesecake, and I love anything with pumpkin in...so this is the perfect combo! These photos of autumn in her glory are stunning...the pumpkin field is a beauty! Thanks so much for you email...I will write you during the week :o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Juanita October 7, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

Heidi,
Thanks for all the beautiful pics.And also for the recipe. I will be trying this. Have a blessed day

Unknown October 7, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

What a beautiful Autumn post, all these gorgeous images and a recipe too. I love making cheesecake, thank you. Karen

Rhondi October 7, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Hi Heidi
Your photos are just beautiful!That pumpkin cheesecake looks delicious.
Hugs, Rhondi

Liz October 7, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

Heidi,
what a beautiful post.I love the russet colors .The pictures are beautiful.

Tardevil October 8, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Love the wreath. I saw that same cheescake in Country Living and it looked so good. Let me know how it turns out b/c you'll probably make it before I do!

Gabriela October 8, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Hello,

Awesome post! Love Fall colours!

~ Gabriela ~

Gabriela October 8, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Hello,

Awesome post! Love Fall colours!

~ Gabriela ~

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey October 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Heidi, the pics are gorgeous and the cheesecake sounds divine !

Bo October 9, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

This was such a lovely post
...thank you! ;-) Bo

Kelly October 10, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

I love all the russet colors of Fall. Infact they are my favorites and try to use them all year round.
I love PUMPKINS>>>infact I have my own patch!!
Autumn Blessings to you~Kelly Maria

Katy October 14, 2008 at 3:37 AM  

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! Gosh...i just love Autumn! Such a beautiful time of year!!! :)

FrenchGardenHouse October 14, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Heidi, what an absolutely scrumptious post! beautiful colors, and ending with that cheesecake. yum. Thanks for making this a happy Autumn day!
xo Lidy

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY May 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Do you know where that first photo is a shot of? It's breath~taking!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP