Related Posts with Thumbnails

A "Very Vintage Halloween Swap"....A Wonderful Experience!

Monday, October 6, 2008

It is late...Everyone has gone to bed & the house is quiet, except for Gwenie, my dog, who is snoring in the corner of the room. Tonight I am preparing to post about my "Very Vintage Halloween Swap". It was a swap I thought up & organized many weeks ago. I had never hosted one before & had only participated in a couple before this. I was so excited to present my idea to all you bloggers, but since I was fairly new to blogging, just wasn't sure of the response I would get?...What if no one one reads my blog?...& what if no one signs up?......Well I was happily surprised to say the least! I should have known, I was surrounded by an incredible community of the most generous people!....I cannot believe how you all rallied around me,... signing up for my swap, & in turn making me feel like my idea had been a good one!....Long story short, I had an incredible turnout,...met some of the lovliest ladies, & have had one of the most "wonderful experiences" ever!.....Going into this, the one thing that I felt was very important was to try & stay organized, so the participants would be given a great swap experience as well!.....I tried so hard to keep everything straight, so no one would feel left out or ignored. As a result, I have received a huge confidence boost from so many of you who signed on!...I cannot thank you enough!....As we all know these swaps are only as "well done" as the people who participate in them! And as far as I am concerned I had the best people ever joining me!.....In fact I am so motivated now that I an going to continue with this "Vintage" series & am know moving on to my second swap, a "Very Vintage Christmas Swap"!........But first we are ending a "Very Vintage Halloween Swap" with many of us posting either what we sent or what we received in our much-anticipated "swap boxes"!...I have listed/linked the names & blogs of a sampling of the ladies involved. I invite you to visit their sites & see some of the Halloween treasures they have posted, as well as check out our "flickr" group to see even more!.....Thank you again to each & every lady who joined me! You're the best!........Love, Heidi XO


For this swap, I was fortunate to have three "partners"!.....The first was the darling Amanda @ "London Southern Belle". Amanda is an American lady, married & living in England!...She is currently looking forward to becoming a "mother" for the first time, & writes all about it on her charming blog! Amanda sent a box filled with some of the nicest things!....A darling "banner" of felt ghosts & pumpkins....sweet vintage "tags" adorned with ribbon...some wonderful black/white wrapped" candies"....a tiny felted "cake", with a wee "cake plate" & a little "coin purse" with a sequined "British flag" motif.....for the day when I indeed visit, & Amanda takes me out for tea! :) ....Thank you so much my friend!.....


My second partner was Jeri Ann @ "Rosie Belle Vintage". Jeri Ann was an absolutely wonderful partner! She sent me a swap box that was filled with some of the most beautifully made "vintage-inspired" pieces! I was so touched that she took so much time with her creations!....In amongst them, was a lovely Halloween "cone", intricatedly adorned....a tiny white "pumpkin" she personalized with "boo".....a old tin "cookie cutter" in the shape of a moon....A glittered "bottle of bat's wings"( my grandson cannot put this piece down!)..& knowing I love brown & blue, some of the most charming "bits & bobs" of "ribbons & bits of folly", that I may never use since Jeri Ann arranged them so sweetly in a lovely little tub!....Jeri Ann, thank you....I will "partner" with you any time! And third was Cami @ "From My Heart". Cami has gotten to be a good friend! She has a great blog and fabulous sense of "vintage style"!....Her box was simply amazing!....Some of the most exquisite treasures!.....She filled a box with pieces that I will have forever!....a crow "stamp" ( I love crows!)....two tiny memo "pads, all dressed in orange/black checkerboard....a beautifully made "tag" with the sweetest illustration.....A little stuffed "pumpkin",... a great Halloween "spider",.....a glittered "banner" & the most charming hand-made "crow", which I adore!.....Cami, you outdid yourself!....I can't thank you enough!


And finally, a photo of my black "Halloween Tree"!...I bit darker than I would have liked, but you get the idea!...Each & every gift I have either displayed on this 4 foot tree or somewhere in my home! Thank you for all your generosity!....You are all wonderful!......

List of participating friends......
Lynn @ The Vintage Nest

Anne @ Anne Fannie's Green Acres

Donna @ Party Wishes

Sheri @ The Pawsh Poodle

Holly @ Mommy Holly

Marja @ A Home from the Heart

Rhonda @ Scooterblu's Whimsy

Heidi @ Swirls of Creativity

Susan @ Sweetpea Sue's Cottage

Claudia @ The Knitting Blog- by Mr. Puffy the Dog

Jennifer @ Rosey Little Things

Kitty @ Reflections from the Stone Nest

Lisa @ Vintage Sweet Peas

Joy @ Joy to The Blog

Bridget @ The Ravell' d Sleave

Mallory @ Wendy Miracle

Louise @ Potted Frog

Leslie @ Junkgirl Studio

Angie @ Seeking Simplicity

Teresa @ Plum Water Cottage

Melissa @ Buford Designs

Joann @ My Little Cottage in the Making

Randi @ The Art of Happiness

Cami @ From My Heart

Carol @ Sassafras & LuLu

Linda @ LBP Sews

Jeanne @ Backyard Neighbor

Kathy @ Kat Collects

Missy @ Fairy Child Heirlooms Weblog

Michelle @ Mad Red Hare

Dana @ The Stone Rabbit

Twyla @ Two Crazy Crafters

Lindsey @ Two Crazy Crafters

Stacey @ Flotsam and Jetsam

Tamy @ 3 Sides of Crazy

Deb @ Garage sale Gal

Paula @ Pearl's Sentimental Journey

Karen @ Bling Queen

Carla @ Tales of the "T's"

Note: I need to apologize to anyone who has e-mailed me, asking to be put on my list & does not see there name & blog!...Somehow I was adding each name as they were coming in, but for some reason they didn't get posted?????...I have tried to go back to catch anyone that I may have unintentionally overlooked!...Let me know, I won't be writing a new post till late Friday night!...Heidi

19 comments:

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 4:03 AM  

Wow, you received some wonderful treasures Heidi--all so beautifully displayed and photographed. You just can't beat the vintage theme for Halloween decor.

I saw my name and link are not on the list. Could you please add that so I can show everyone the beautiful gifts that Viv gave to me in the swap? Thanks!! Dana

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 4:04 AM  

Wow, you received some wonderful treasures Heidi--all so beautifully displayed and photographed. You just can't beat the vintage theme for Halloween decor.

I saw my name and link are not on the list. Could you please add that so I can show everyone the beautiful gifts that Viv gave to me in the swap? Thanks!! Dana

Susan Hickam October 8, 2008 at 4:18 AM  

What a fabulous haul! I'm sure the ladies who recieved your presents got great Halloween treasures as well. Thanks for hosting this very fun event.

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

Heidi, this was so much fun. I think I missed your first little post this AM. Linda, my partner has not posted this morning. Hope all is OK with her. Her swap gifts to me are wonderful. Thank you for a great idea Heidi. I know you spent lots of time on this event.

All of your items are treasures. Love them and I know you do too.

Hugs...Jeanne

Twyla and Lindsey October 8, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

We are participating too! We posted our Very Vintage Halloween swaps this morning. Twyla and Lindsey

threesidesofcrazy October 8, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Your certainly received some beautiful Halloween treasures.

I saw my name and link are not on the list either. Could you please add me? I put my posts up last night. Thanks!!

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Heidi, You did such a wonderful job on this swap. I know it's no easy thing to do. And I am so looking forward to the Christmas one. Have a super great day. You received some wonderful things. xo Lynn

Michele October 8, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Hi Heidi ~ I didn't see my name on your list of participants, but I still haven't received my swap box. So if it comes, I'll be sure to post some pics!

Can't wait until the Vintage Christmas Swap!

Hugz,
Michele

The Vintage Vagablonde October 8, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

You were busy being a hostess and a triple swap partner LOL

Thanks for the fun.....the easiest and best swap so far!!!

I have to pass on the Christmas swap......I just made a large purchase and I have to save for it....details on my Friday blog :)

Polka Dot Moon October 8, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

What "spooktacular" goodies you did receive! Thanks for such a fun swap :)
Denise

GARAGE SALE GAL October 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Hi Heidi,
Nice treasures:)
You forgot to list me on the swap list..silly..I did email you and I did a post about the goodies I rec'd. Thanks,
Deb

The Fairy Glade October 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

What a fabulous time I had doing this swap and looking forward to the xmas one. I note that my name isn't on your link list, maybe I posted after you. Perhaps you could add it and then everyone can see what lovely goodies I received from nmy partner Kay. Dev X

Reflections from the Stone Nest October 8, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

Great treasures, Heidi. You had 3 wonderful partners. I'm with you - I LOVE the crow stamp! Thanks for being such a gracious hostess!

Happy Halloween!
Kitty

Bridget October 8, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

What a fun group of goodies for Halloween!

Thanks so much for hosting this swap, I had a blast, and think it was one of the best swap ideas anyone has ever had.

Happy Halloween!

KatCollects October 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Heidi, love all your swap goodies! Thank you so much for hosting this swap, it was so fun to do and can't wait to do the Christmas one too!!!
Kathy

Anne Fannie October 8, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

Hello Heidi, You got some great stuff!
Thank you so much for hosting this Vintage Halloween Swap. This was my first swap and I so much enjoyed it. You paired me up with a wonderful person. I am looking forward to your Vintage Halloween Swap too. Also, thanks for those tags you sent me for joining your swap.
Love, Ann

Pearl October 8, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Ohhh... so many Treats! What Fun to see... Thanks so much for hosting the Swap... great job!

My post is now up, if you get a chance to add me to your list, please and thanks! It will be fun to visit all the blogs to see how creative everyone was... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Cami October 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

Hi Heidi,

Lovely post. I apologize for my lack of a post. Camera issues. I'll get that up ASAP. Wanted to let you know.

GARAGE SALE GAL October 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Heidi,
I'm still not on the list:( Could you please add me as I would like the gals to see the treasure I rec'd. Thanks,
Deb

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP