Related Posts with Thumbnails

"My Mallory"......

Monday, June 22, 2009

Mallory bringing her subject's pretty face to life!

Well Friends,.... tonight I feel the need to "brag a bit" about my talented "artist" daughter Mallory......Yesterday she was busy working on a charcoal portrait of the daughter, of one of my dearest friends, Susie C........ My business partner Lauren & I, commissioned Mallory to do a portrait of each of Susie's daughters...& we are planning on hanging them in Susie's living room as beautiful reminders of the girls during their teen years.

Without the perfect studio, my creative daughter has improvised by using her double mirrored closet doors as her easel!......and somehow it seems to be working! I think she is proving that creating beautiful art has nothing to do with fancy equipment, .....but instead just a "great eye" & "lots of talent"!......Thank you for humoring a very "proud mama".....Your friend, Heidi XO


My "little artist" at work!......

14 comments:

mysteryhistorymom June 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Oh my goodness, Heidi! Mallory is indeed a talented young lady! I am blown away!!

By the way, are you planning on going to the Country Living Fair in Ohio this year?:) Lori

southerninspiration June 23, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

your "little" girl is amazingly talented...wow!

Suzanne

onlymehere June 23, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

She really is extremely talented. What a unique idea to do it on the closet doors. It must work bz that's an incredible work of art!

Anonymous,  June 23, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

wow! you have every right to be a proud mama! Mallory has got quite a wonderful tallent! and I love your idea of hanging the drawings in your friend's house
:) Missy

Grace June 23, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

amazing!! Thanks for sharing she is so talented. Grace

Polka Dot Moon June 23, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Your whole family is bursting with creative talent! Beautiful work!!!

artis1111 June 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Getl an eisel!! FAST Go to thrift shops, you can get one if you just look! She is great!. Kathy

♥ Noelle ♥ June 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

that is a great picture! very talented:) you have every right to brag mom!!

Suzie Button June 23, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Hi Heidi, Your daughter's talent is amazing! Doesn't it just make your heart swell?! That's just wonderful! Hope your summer is going well so far, Your friend, Suzie

Caleen June 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Wow!! She is very talented.. That is amazing and I really admire the beautiful artwork.. Whatever works is good for me.. She seems to be doing just fine where ever she creates..

Anonymous,  June 24, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

What an incredible talent and how sweet of you to have them done for your friend.

Gretchen

KatCollects June 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Your Daughter has amazing talent, so beautiful!
Hugs,
Kathy

"Cottage By The Sea" July 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM  

I'm blog hopping this morning and on bloglovin found your blog again. I had no idea your daughter was such a talented artist. That portrait is absolutely stunning. Her use of light and shade is great. It's good to see you again and I hope to come to one of your classes if you have another soon. Did you move to Poway? (I'm jumping around your posts to see what's up). Hope to see you soon. Blessings

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP