Related Posts with Thumbnails

What An Evening!......

Monday, June 1, 2009

A peek at Susie's table..... Last Friday night, our "get-together" group met at our dear friend Susie's new home!......

Let me back up a bit.....A few years ago, a group of my closest friends & I decided it was silly not seeing each other on a regular basis....so we came up with the idea of all meeting at one of our homes, each month for "dinner & conversation" ......a chance to get caught up & enjoy each other's company!.....Well, I am thrilled to say we have been "getting together" like this now for a few years!.....& what wonderful evenings we have!!!.....

This most recent one was hosted by our sweet Susie, who just so happens to have purchased a great house a few months ago!......and even more fabulous has hired my friend Lauren & I to help her decorate it!....Needless to say we are having the "time of our lives" & so appreciate Susie allowing us to help create a beautiful home for our friend & her family!...We are going for a "mid-century" feel, which is turning out so lovely...very "simple & classic" , with just a "whisper of the early 60's"

and what a living room!....
We are far from finished, but Susie thought it would be fun to have our group of friends over to see what we have done so far & to enjoy an incredible dinner of "salmon, grilled asparagus & wild rice"! It was so good!!!!...Lauren & I had the best time setting Susie's new dining table, so we all could sit & eat together.....& talk & talk & talk!!!!
I so appreciate this group of women (Susie, Lauren, Tere, Debbie, Laura, Deena, Holly, Mallory & Judy)!...You are my very best friends & I love you all!.....Thank you for making these dinners happen.... & feeling "getting together" is important in our lives!....."Caring enough to stay connected" means so very much to each of us...... Here's to many more "get-togethers" & dear friends like you!......Love, Heidi XO

9 comments:

the wild raspberry June 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

{{{gasp}}}}
what a lovely home! i love the clean and simple look of it. very uncluttered and wonderful.
have a great day.
chasity

Sherri June 1, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Heidi, how lucky you are to have such a wonderful group of friends! The house is lovely!! I'm glad you and Lauren are having a great time decorating it!

Anonymous,  June 1, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

how beautiful! I'm quite jealous that you have a group of friends that you get together with once a month. I wish all my blog friends were closer so I could get together with all of you!
:) Missy

Elaine June 1, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Great idea for your group get togethers. I have an afternoon tea group and we meet for tea once a month.

I am sure you look forward to your gatherings.

GranthamLynn June 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

I agree what a lovely home. And how fun to have a group like that. I envy you. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sherry

Rhondi June 2, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Hi Heidi
I'm glad that you and your friends value your friendship enough to get together each month. It looks like a bautiful home.
I just finished reading your newsletter and I loved it. It was filled with so many good ideas and tips. I wish I knew youhad a proch in your new home. I would have made sure you knew about the porch party Ihad yesterday. I hope you're going to show us some pictures of it.
Hugs, Rhondi

Susan June 3, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Susie's place is beautiful. You and Lauren are doing a wonderful job.

susan

Cottage Rose June 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Hello Heidi; I have been so behind on my visits lately. But I am doing my best to catch up with every one. I love your sweet friends Susie's house, I love the decor, and how you all get together once a month, that is is very touching and special to have such a close nit family of true friends. have a wonderful week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous,  July 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

What a beautiful room! I love the white with the dark!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP