Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Wedding Anniversary.....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today is November 12, 2009. This day is our wedding anniversary. Ter & I have been married for 28 years....The night we got married it was very cold & threatening snow. The wedding took place in an old mansion in Spokane Washington. A huge fire was lit & all the guests sat in the living room as my husband, looking so handsome in a classic black tuxedo... & I, in layers of white lace... said our vows. After the ceremony, large panel doors were pushed aside & we all enjoyed wedding cake & punch.

By today's standards our wedding was incredibly modest, but I remember it as one of the most beautiful evenings ever. It certainly was not a grand, eleborate affair, but very intimate & so charming....surrounded by close friends & family.

Today, as I write this post & remember, a smile comes to my face. I am so happy I married Ter. Like all couples we have had our "ups & downs", but there is no man I would rather have spent all these years with other than Ter..... I love him & the life we have created........Here's to "happily ever afters" everywhere!........Heidi XO

11 comments:

Kathleen November 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Happy Anniversary..! Your wedding sounds beautiful..!!

cherry November 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Happy Anniversary Heidi! I will be convoying u in a bit about my goodies!

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage November 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Well, the happiest of anniversaries to you! Isn't it fun to reminisce about such a happy, beautiful event? Have a wonderful day. ; )
~Michele

Cottage Rose November 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Hi Heidi; Happy Anniversary! The way you described your Wedding sounds so very Romantic to me,, I would love to see some photos if you don't mind...
Have a very lovely weekend...

Hugs;
Alaura

Bargain Decorating with Laurie November 12, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Oh, I think your wedding sounds so romantic. Happy Anniversary! I love that precious cake topper. laurie

Mary November 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

happy anniversary !! tomorrow is my 33rd anniversary and in northern IL it was a nice sunny day. I only wore a sweater to the church.

Irene November 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

Wishing you happiness, passion and contentment. Always.

Sherri November 13, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Happy Anniversary to Heidi and Ter!! Your wedding sounded beautiful to me! Have a great day and celebrate!!

Sassafras and LuLu November 13, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Heidi! Hope you get a chance to celebrate. Sounded like you had an awesome wedding. A lot of people spend a fortune on weddings nowadays and invite hundreds of guests. I can't believe the cost of just the flowers that I hear of.(most pay in floweres what my whole wedding cost :) But my wedding was also modest and I did most of the work. In what was a very, very, old historic stone little church (not used as such anymore, I don't think there was any electric??) Only close family etc..small and intimate but I will cherish it always. Here is to marriage, a blessing from God, how it should be.
Hugs, Carol

Sinta Renee November 16, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Happy anniversary! My anniversary lands on thanksgiving this year. Isn't it nice to look back and see how lives together has evolved and how blessed we are!

Susan November 16, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Many wishes for your Anniversary.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP