Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Reminiscing".....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This picture was taken exactly two year's ago, when my husband took our two girls & then 3 year old grandson to New York City!...It was to celebrate my 50th birthday & what a wonderful time we had! After living in rural upstate New York for a couple years & being able to come into the city many times a year, I was feeling very homesick. You see, we had moved back to California a year earlier, but my heart was back in the east. So a few weeks before I turned 50, he asked if a week in New York would be a nice present!....& was it ever!
Here in Southern California we had to evacuate our home because of fires that were buring out of control, exactly a day before we left for New York. In fact we were not even able to return to our house before leaving?.....we were not sure what we would be returning to?.....However we decided to stick to our plan. It rained almost the entire time we were in NYC, but we couldn't have been happier to feel those raindrops on our faces!.....so nice to be somewhere not threatened by fires!.....We went to the Broadway show "Grease", we drove out to the Hamptons & strolled around the drizzly city!.....
On the particular day when this photo was taken, we were on our way to the "Natural History Museum". My husband & I were walking a few steps behind our girls & Andrew. As I looked at the three of them, I couldn't have felt happier. I love New York...I love rainy days & umbrellas....& I love these sweet people!.....This a picture I will hold dear forever............Heidi XO

6 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy November 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

I am definitely a small-town person, but I fell in love with NYC when I visited. What is it about that city?!

Heidi, I love your blog and the newsletters. Thank you for all the inspiration.

Lisa November 5, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

What a cute picture and what happy memories!

Pam @ Frippery November 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

What a beautiful picture! Wonderful that you spent it with your family. I turned 50 in 2007 too, Hubs took me to Sedona. The kids, alas, were in school, but it was a wonderful trip.

Bumpkin Hill November 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

I can understand home sickness. It sounds like a perfect trip despite the scary start with all those fires! HUGS, Catherine x

Sherri November 5, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

When I lived in NJ (moved to Charlotte from there 5 yrs. ago) we had an hour and 15 min. ride to NYC. I really miss it sometimes, especially the plays! What a nice post and picture!

Anonymous,  November 5, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Oh my what wonderful memories... love the picture too... take care.. you are one wonderful person....
kim snaza

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP