Related Posts with Thumbnails

It's Monday & I'm Cooking!!...Today, Ina's Garten's Basil Potato Frittata

Sunday, January 3, 2010

O.K. Girls, Today is Monday January 4th, & I am adding a new recipe to my list of favorites!!!...Now I have made this before, but not for some time!!!....This recipe is "Ina Garten's "Basil Potato Fritatta" & it is beyond delicious!!!...It is a wonderful combination of egg, cheese, fresh basil & potatoes,..... & makes a perfect breakfast entree, but is also fabulous served as a light lunch or dinner!...I like to pair it with a fresh salad of "baby greens" & warm puffy "popovers"!...OMGoodness!....You must try this dish!!!....Will definitely become a recipe you will make again & again!.....Happy Cooking!......Heidi XO

NOTE: My January issue of "Living Little with Heidi" is being sent out Monday morning, so if you would like to receive a copy, just let me know!!....HeidiDevlin@gmail.com


Ingredients

  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
  • 2 cups peeled and 1/2-inch diced boiling potatoes (4 potatoes)
  • 8 extra-large eggs
  • 15 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 3/4 pound Gruyere cheese, grated
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder

Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch ovenproof omelet pan over medium-low heat. Add the potatoes and fry them until cooked through, turning often, about 10 to 15 minutes. Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter in a small dish in the microwave.

Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, then stir in the ricotta, Gruyere, melted butter, salt, pepper, and basil. Sprinkle on the flour and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.

Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and place the pan in the center of the oven. Bake the frittata until it is browned and puffed, 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will be rounded and firm in the middle and a knife inserted in the frittata should come out clean. Serve hot.

5 comments:

mysteryhistorymom January 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Mmmmm- sounds delicious! We made her roasted shrimp on Christmas Eve and it is my new favorite meal! Love her! Lori

Can't wait to read your next newsletter, Heidi! Happy new Year!

Sherri January 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

That recipe sounds delish! It will be saved in my recipe box! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for your Newsletter!

Suzie Button January 4, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

Hi Heidi, I just had a few minutes to glance at your newsletter, and it is just chock full of goodies for us, your readers! Thank you!
I enjoyed quite a few Ina recipes this holiday season thanks to a friend's luncheon, I am not sure they were great for my diet, but they were delicous. The newest item I discovered in her recipe was truffle butter, oh MY! please visit my blog and the posting with the luncheon and links to her recipes are just a few postings down! Suzie

mysteryhistorymom January 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

I featured Ina on my blog, too! Roasted Shrimp Cocktail! Amazingly delicious! I just finished curling up in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee and reading your newsletter, dear friend. Cozy, inspiring and just what I needed. Thank you so much! I plan on trying the recipes, reading the books and watching some Jane Austen movies.:) Did you know that I finally learned how to sew? Thank you for making the world a more beautiful place, Heidi. You are such a treasure! Lori

Stacey January 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

Oh Heidi, that sounds wonderful. We love frittatas and the addition of that fresh basil would be fabulous.

Thank you for the newsletter. I always enjoy them!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP