Related Posts with Thumbnails

A Simple Tutorial...."Creating an Area for Kitchen Basics"

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In my kitchen, I use certain "basic ingredients", each & every day...You know,.... salt, pepper, olive oil, etc. .....In doing so, I have to have these ingredients out where they are accessible, not shut away behind cabinet doors.....
Over the years I have used all kinds of containers that house all my "culinary necessities"!....With my kitchen now though,.... which is quite small, I don't have room for anything large, but still want the convenience of having my things right out where I can reach them! ....I happened to come across this charming white tray at IKEA a few weeks ago, which is perfect for my new
"next-to-the-stove" container!...I believe it was around $2-$3 is all & I just love it!

I took this lovely white tray, which measures approx. 6"x15" & placed it to the right of my stove.

Near the back, I added the tallest items I like to cook with,...my silver pepper grinder, and a bottle of olive oil fitted with a spout top.

I also added a couple old shaker jars that house my garlic powder & sea salt....I have had these bottles around for years, just because I love their graceful shapes....So pretty!

Then in front, a small ironstone dish always filled with kosher salt, which I love to pinch & quickly add to any recipe!
Together these few basic ingredients help me prepare & season our meals, as well as adding a bit of charm to my kitchen counter!
If you haven't yet created such an area, you might think about doing so!...As you can see, it couldn't be easier, plus it helps make you look like a wonderful cook!....

Happy Cooking!......

Your friend, Heidi XO

7 comments:

Preppy Mama June 17, 2010 at 5:12 AM  

How lovely! I am totally crushing on your pepper grinder!! BTW, I got my pillow!!! I LOVE it!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous,  June 17, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

Morning, Heidi. This is a great idea! The tray is just perfect. We were in Ikea Saturday and looking at some organizer for the kitchen. I'm going back and just may get this little tray!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa~A Cottage To Me June 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

I too have such an area. I created it, like you, because certain items are out daily. My hubby does "most" of the cooking and I thought it would help him to be able to put things back and make the counter look cleaner. Not. so. much.!! Seems he just can't seem to put those items back. But, it's there when I come behind and clean up after him....good luck with yours!

Christina Dann June 17, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

What a great idea. It's perfect and so pretty in that cute little tray!

Fleur de Bee June 17, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

Just lovely! I especially love the old bottles you used. FAB copper pot too!!

GwendolynKay June 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Looks great. I have never been to an Ikea....I don't even know if we have one around here.
Blessings~
Gwen

Anonymous,  August 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

Heidi, I've got to find some sweet little jars like yours to put my salts in. They are so cute and I'm a woman with a plan now. Thanks for showing us the cute way to use them in your kitchen.

Hugs, Gretchen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP