Related Posts with Thumbnails

Farmhouse Sinks......

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

There is just something about "farmhouse sinks". I just adore them!....& for so many reasons! First of all, farmhouse sinks "whisper" of kitchens from the past..... They are big & functional & make me think of the kitchens my mother describes when reminiscing about her summers growing up on the farm.

Today, farmhouse sinks are certainly not just for function, but for beauty as well!....Here not only one sink, but "two" have been added to the design of this kitchen!...Can you imagine?....One not being enough?.....

Here the farmhouse sink has been added to a laundry room!....Wouldn't you just love slaving away with "washing & ironing" in this charming room! Sign me up!

And then there is this extra long, sky-blue, vintage version!.....Could it get any better?....Simply unbelievable!

However, this "farmhouse sink" may be my very favorite!....It is so old-fashioned, & when coupled with a butcher block counter, a darling paned window & open shelving, it covers all bases for me!.....
Simple, functional & a sink that might even make me feel like I was "Anne" doing dishes at "Green Gables"!

Hopefully somewhere in my future there will be a "farmhouse sink". One that will wash fruit, vegetables, dishes & grandchildren!
Here's to the "humble sinks of the past".

Heidi
xo

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom August 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Heidi- You have such a way with words- and dreams! I adore these sinks and wanted one so badly when we were building our house. I was shocked when I found out how much they cost! gasp! They are so dreamy, though... sigh.... Lori

Sherri August 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Heidi-what a great post! I think my favorite is the last one too! They do remind you of an era gone by. Thanks for sharing!

Ash Green March 3, 2020 at 3:48 AM  

Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Read our guide if you wish.
bestfarmhousesink blog

Thanks again :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP