Related Posts with Thumbnails

School is Starting & Cookies Are Baking.....

Thursday, August 19, 2010

With school having already started for us our house is feeling a little like Fall!....And along with a new teacher, a new classroom & new school supplies....it is again time to make sure our cookie jar is filled!....I am vowing this year, to keeping this big glass cookie jar of ours filled at least 1/2 full, since it truly is a very large jar!.....
So this week, I decided to start the year with the
classic
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Can you really improve on perfection!....Of course our family is in love with the dough as much as the cookies, so it is a constant battle, between spoonfuls of the dough making it to the cookie sheet or simply into the open mouths of the husband, the daughters & the grandson!
I ended up doubling the batch, so I am happy to report lovely chocolate-y cookies did make it to the actual jar!.....Oh how pretty they looked!
Now even though I am quite sure you all have made this recipe over & over again, we all know a classic recipe can never be repeated to often, so with that said, here is "the" chocolate cookie recipe of all time!....I am not sure quite yet what next weeks cookie will be?...but when I decide I will be sure & share!....
Happy baking & a spoonful or two of dough as well!......
Heidi
xo

**********************************************










Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
( baking time:9minutes/makes 5 dozen cookies)


2 1/4
cups all-purpose flour
1
teaspoon baking soda
1
teaspoon salt
1
cup butter, softened
3/4
cup sugar
3/4
cup firmly packed brown sugar
1
teaspoon vanilla
2
eggs
1
(12-ounce) package (2 cups) real semi-sweet chocolate chips (We recommend NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels)
1
cup chopped nuts


Heat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.

Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla at high speed in large bowl. Beat, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in morsels and nuts by hand.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

4 comments:

Sherri August 20, 2010 at 3:07 AM  

Heidi, my whole family agrees why change perfection! This recipe has been made in our home for years and years and will continue to be made for years and years to come! Enjoy!

onlymehere August 20, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

Now you've done it...I'm hungry for cookies! Love Nestle Tollhouse!

mysteryhistorymom August 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Heidi- We love the dough here, too! Oh my... I wish I could keep my cookie jar half full, dear friend.:) Lori

CailinMarie August 20, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

My absolutely favorite cookie is the Nestle TollHouse Cookie straight out of the oven- although I do sneak cookie dough! I think keeping the jar 1/2 full is a lovely idea. Unfortunately the onw who has hte least self control is me... I eat way too many! ;-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP