Related Posts with Thumbnails

It's "Weekend Time".....

Friday, May 30, 2008

#1 PART of BLOG: It's Friday!...After a busy week, this girl is going to thoroughly enjoy this summer weekend!...There will be a bit of "garden puttering", "flower arranging" & "blueberry tart making", along with lots of relaxing!( maybe a tad of vacumning & laundry, too...maybe?)
Tonight, my girls & I are off to our "get-together group's" dinner. Some of my dearest friends & I decided a little more than a year ago , that we wanted to see each other more than twice a year, so we decided to meet once a month at one of our homes, taking turns having us all to dinner. We have tried to keep it casual, but I do have to say, some of the "tablesettings" have gotten very "house beautiful"!!!!...which is such a treat for us all!...Like I mentioned in my previous blog, tonight we are going to Deena C.'s home. She has been married not quite a year. She & her husband Jorge have taken a little tract house & already have turned it into something very special! I will take photos & post them on Monday!.....
And of course, on Sunday afternoon, my husband, 2 daughters & I are going to our most anticipated movie ever...."Sex and the City"!!!! To see our friends Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda & Samantha again is just too wonderful for words!...And Mr.Big!!!!, OMG! How could I forget Mr. Big!!!!!
#2 PART of BLOG: Like I mentioned I am planning on doing a bit of "blueberry tart baking", but only after I whip up a batch of "blueberry crisp"....My husband's favorite dessert!!! ( only outdone by his wife's "white & white cake"..(white cake & frosting)) I am posting the recipe for the "crisp" today & the "tart" next week......You must make this recipe!!!...so, so delicious! NOTE: You can use blueberries or huckleberries....

A lovely bunch of "blueberries"....aren't they just the prettiest little berries!

And the sweet little "huckleberry"....equally good, just not as "flashy" as his cousin "blueberry"........

BLUEBERRY CRISP:
*3 cups of blueberries or huckleberries
*2 T. lemon juice
*2/3 cup packed brown sugar
*1/2 cup all-purpose flour
*1/2 cup quick cooking oats
*1/3 cup butter, softened
*3/4 t. ground cinnamon
*1/4 t. kosher salt
*fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.....
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange berries in a greased baking dish. (8x8x2) & sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon & salt: sprinkle on top of berries. NOTE: We are extra fond of the "crisp" part, so I always double that part of the recipe! Bake until topping is light brown & berries are hot, about 30 minutes. Serve warm with freshly whipped cream or hard vanilla ice cream....or both!...You'll love it!
Happy weekend to you all!...Love, Heidi
P.S. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments about my blog & etsy shop!...especially Noreen, my mother-in-law......You are the best!

2 comments:

Donna May 31, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Enjoy your weekend!
The blueberry crisp sounds delish, I must try it!
Hugs,
Donna

cathleen August 25, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

Hi Heidi...found this recipe you posted and I am making it tomorrow morning. It sounds totally yummy. Thanks!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP