Related Posts with Thumbnails

Remembrances of Summer.....

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day to you all!....This weekend is traditionally thought of as the beginning of Summer. During a break from sewing yesterday, I was thumbing through the June issue of Victoria magaizine from 2001. In it, there was a page, where the editors had asked readers to send in their favorite summer memories.....I just loved reading them! & thought you might enjoy them too!........

*"Blueberry afternoons and firefly evenings."....L.Pereira, Mattapoisett, Ma..

*"Warm, bright, summer afternoons when I walked to the library through the heavenly perfume of California's orange grove"...C.Vaught, Springfield, Oregon

* "Daddy & I became best pals in the summer of 1952, when we caught tadpoles. Mother elected Dad to relocate them from the tub at bath time."...P. Jones-Gagen, Fort Worth, Texas

* "During summer visits my Gram Cora, sewing on her treadle machine, made plaid cotton dresses-white-collared, sash-tied-for each day of my grade-school week."....J.Bartholomew-Murray, Round Rock, Texas

* "Eating watermelon with my children from the patch we grew ourselves."....J.Upton, Stewart MS

* "Summer in India, sleeping outdoors with my new husband, soft breezes keeping us cool."...O. Chaubal, Orangeville, Canada

* "Being barefoot in the grass and waiting patiently for the train to come rolling by with the man who would toss me a quarter for ice cream."....T. Gabel, Indian Springs, Ohio

* "On a screened-in porch with a view, enjoying wild raspberry pie for breakfast."...P.Tapscott, Uxbridge, Canada

* "We fell asleep in our canoe after paddling in the dusk, and awoke to sunlight and a lake surrounded by wild purple irises."....M.Lamb, Portland Oregon

Those are such lovely remembrances, aren't they?...........................


3 comments:

Anonymous,  May 27, 2008 at 12:19 AM  

Hello Heidi!
These are beautiful memories. I am a fan of Victoria magazine and have lots of back issues from the first time around.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and thank you for your comment on my blog recently!
Hello Holly!

Lots of love
Cherry xoxox

Carol May 27, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

Lovely memories......I drifted away....that is such a lovely photo too.
Carol xx

Carol May 27, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Lovely memories......I drifted away....that is such a lovely photo too.
Carol xx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP