Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our "Get-Together Group"......

Saturday, May 31, 2008


Hello Friends, Last night my girlfriends & I all got together for one of our monthly dinners. Our "get-together group" is made up of women of various ages, ranging from the youngest being 23 to a couple of us in our mid fifties. I often feel we are similar to the women in the movie "Steel Magnolias", very different ages, very different viewpoints, but connected by the common thread of friendship. I usually feel we lead fairly similar lives, working or going to school during the day with all of us returning home to our families in the late afternoon. Some of us are single, some married. Some of us have children, some of us do not,... & one of us is expecting. We represent varied occupations, but then again have many of the same interests. We are ladies who enjoy each others differences & similarities, & we always enjoy a good debate!
Last night however,... more than ever, I was aware of each of us as individuals,....Usually we chat about antiquing, decorating & American Idol, which we did do..... At the moment though, each of us also have varied personal issues we are trying to deal with as well. One of us has just lost her father & is trying hard to understand the best way to deal with her own feelings while respecting her father's wishes. Some of us are having relationship issues that are proving difficult to resolve, while still others are feeling financial pressure, with the slow down of the economy. One of us will be hosting a foreign exchange student this summer, one is attending summer school & then there is always the issue of raising all our various ages of children,... teenagers, grade-schoolers, pre-schoolers & a "soon-to-be newborn"! Yikes!?
Even with all of these issues on our plates, I think we all realize the importance of coming together as dear friends. Gathering together for a wonderful meal ( & great cake!), great conversation & the chance to be among ladies who are there to support each other. Sometimes all each of us needs is the chance to be listened to. I believe this is what makes this collection of friends so special,... being able to share, and knowing that in four short weeks we can do it all again.....I love you all.....Heidi

8 comments:

mommyholly May 31, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Love you too! xoxox!!! I always have such fun at our "get togethers"! :)

Anonymous,  June 1, 2008 at 1:12 AM  

Hello Heidi
Your get together sounded soooo good and the picture at the top of this post is amazing. Is that where you went?

I just wanted to respond to a comment you left earlier in the week and let you know that in the very near future I will be
supplying the oilcloth that I use in my own home and on my website
in my online shop. I will also be shipping throughout
the world so you should always be able to pick up a little of what
you like.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Cherry xoxoxo

Heidi June 1, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

What a wonderful testimony to this group of friends Heidi! I think a varied group always works best. And you can learn so much from each other. More people in life need to celebrate each other's differences instead of looking for a mirror image. Your dinner evenings sound like great fun.

I am so looking forward to those promised photos. I have to get a blog entry on later this evening after I have made dinner. First I want to catch up on blogs after getting back from Cranberry Cottage.

Hugs ~
Heidi

mommyholly June 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Momma, I presented you with the Arte Y Pico award, go to my blog for details!! oxox!!

Tinyholder June 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

The way you described your group of friends reminds me of the film 'How to make an American quilt' - love that film! :-)

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie June 1, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

Hi Heidi, Your get together sounds like something from Steel Magnolia. Those ladies had so much fun with their friendship of all ages. I really like your different posts. Have a Blessed Day, Bonnie

Tonya June 3, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

Wow, what a wonderful group that sounds like, I wish I could go! LOL


I also have a group of friends that are very close. We range in age from early 20's to late 40's, all in different stages of life. Well, I am still in with the 20 somethings having their babies,even though I am in my late thirties with teenagers as well LOL

Anonymous,  February 5, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://tonoviergates.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]how to order software, [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]cheap software online[/url]
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]discounted software for non[/url] online store software open source buy old software
nero startsmart [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]Creative Suite 3 Design[/url] teacher educational software
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]shop 22 software[/url] buy windows xp
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]use oem software[/url] kaspersky work space security reviews
microsoft office 2003 pro [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]trading software for sale[/url][/b]

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP