Related Posts with Thumbnails

My "Love Affair"....

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yesterday, I was going through a few of my old copies of Country Living, ...the English ones. I think I have kept every copy! Each time I attempt to get rid of them, thinking I will thumb through & cut out the pictures & articles I want, & throw away the rest...I once again end up keeping the entire issue!?....I have therefore happily resigned myself, that each one will live contentedly on my sewing room bookshelfs, along with their friends, House Beautiful, Country Home & Martha Stewart, all issues I will hopefully grow old with!.....Anyway, while revisiting these past issues, I came across page after page of the most delightful of all structures.. the "English Conservatory". I have & will always just LOVE conservatories!!!!!....I have always been fascinated with architecture of all kinds....but these are different. Conservatories are "fairytale"! They are basic buildings that have been taken over by whimsy! Even the most modest, are life-sized "jewel boxes", showing off all their exquisite detail!.....My husband thinks my"love affair" will pass, but secretly I know that this relationship is one I will never tire of....One day, somewhere in the future, a very ornate little conservatory & I will live happily ever after.....

A very tasteful & simple conservatory..... but the shape of the windows & the roof details, let you know a bit of "folly" is lurking about!.....


This is a basic & practical structure...but a lovely addition to this home!.....


Oh My Goodness! Now we're talking!....Can you imagine setting up your sewing room in one of these spaces?.....

So pretty!................And the dark wood inside looks so beautiful.....

Actually an exquisitely lovely enclosed porch...but to me, a "conservatory" still!....

P.S. Wanted to mention some of my wonderful blog friends who have left me the sweetest comments! Thank you so very much! Who knew starting to blog would make you realize how many dear friends you have tucked into various areas of the world!....We'll chat again soon!....Heidi :)

Rhondi, Lisa B., Heidi, Susie, Tonya, Carol and Beki L, Steph, Carol, Jill, Jen, Donna, Tammy & Mette ......thank you, thank you!!!

8 comments:

Rhondi May 20, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Hi Heidi Ann
That was so sweet of you to mention me in your blog! I love those conservatories too, especially the ones you see in the English magazines.
Hugs, Rhondi

Carol May 21, 2008 at 1:14 AM  

Hi Heidi Ann,
We are having the same love affair!
Those conservatories are wonderful, I do not have room for one here really. The gardens are beautiful too arn't they!
Thank you for your lovely comments too Heidi Ann...have a lovely week.
Hugs,
Carol x

Heidi May 21, 2008 at 4:17 AM  

Blogging is a real blessing and such a great way to connect with people. I am so glad you found my blog so we could start getting to know each other.

I love the old world look of these kind of conservatories.

Now about dinner.....oh wouldn't that be fun!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Tonya May 21, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

Awww, thanks Heidi : ) I am glad to have you as one of my *blog* friends as well!

As for those conservatories, WOW! My dh is fascinated with these as well, of course, down here in South Louisiana we refer to them as covered porches LOL I will have to share some of these pictures with him, he will appreciate them : )

Tinyholder May 21, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

Hiya,

Just a quick hello to say that I have tagged you and the rules are on my blog. I hope you don't mind doing it!

Sian x

Unknown May 22, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Hello Heidi Ann, I have just found your blog a few days ago. Conservatories are wonderful,all that light is so pleasing. The one we had in our last house was pretty spectacular, and it was my favourite place in the house.

Nice to meet you

Rosie

Ragged Roses May 23, 2008 at 6:23 AM  

Hello!
I love conservatories too. When we visit the old National Trust buildings, some of the Edwardian homes have the most magnificent conservatories, if only ... I love Country Living too but have been quite ruthless recently and have given a dozen copies away. Otherwise my home would be taken over!
Kimx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP