Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A BABY SHOWER" for Heather & baby Cali.......

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello "Sweet Morning"....today is the day! It is today that we gather for a "lovely little shower" for baby Cali & her mother Heather. It is early, but all is being readied for quite the "party"...a "party" of the very best kind...one to welcome a new, tiny being into the world!....
" Sunbeams" will guide us to a wee house in the glen......
Look closely.....what lies within?.......Are their "festivities" awaiting?....I so hope so, don't you!

" Flowers" are scattered in wee crystal cups..... ....."banners" are hung from doorways & such....

Oh!.... The confections, don't they smell fine!.... all fancily frosted & looking "devine".....
The guests are all here,... greeting & chatting, "Heather is beaming", surrounded by packages!.....Oh!...Look at the gifts for "baby Cali"!.....Soft crocheted blankets, sweetly-done sweaters.......
.....all made with "love" for this nearly here "infant"......
As each little dress makes it's debut from it's box...You hear the ladies "oohhing & aahing" over fabrics & trims!........"tiny antique treasures"....who wore them & when....
The "party" continues till mid-afternoon....family & guests delighted by the upcoming event!...... Then as the last cupcakes are eaten, & guests start to depart......
....Heather & family return to their home....feeling contented & happy for their special afternoon. We all wish you "love" and can't wait till the day........when "wee tiny Cali" decides it's "HER" day! Congratulations to Heather, her husband & their children!........wishing you all the best!
Note: Will be mailing a little something in the morning!
Note: This entire "shower" idea for Heather was thought up by her friend, Rhonda at "Scooterblu's Whimsy"..She thought it would be a lovely thing to do, & invited us all to come too! Thank you so much Rhonda!...It was the best of ideas!


15 comments:

Pearl July 25, 2008 at 1:05 AM  

Ooooooooooooo...

Such a pretty Baby Shower post... I just love that Pink wee house in the glen... won't Baby Cali look precious in all of those Pink pretties?! Such Fun! Totally loved those hydrangeas at the end... pure Heaven!

~blessings~
Pearl

Anonymous,  July 25, 2008 at 4:45 AM  

How thoughtful and beautiful. Your post is so sweet. I have been so busy with grandkids week, I didn't know about this. Happy baby to H
Heather.

Blessings, jeanne

Picket July 25, 2008 at 5:12 AM  

What a beautiful post...I loved it and I am sure Heather will be oooohhhhing and aaaahhhhing at everything...those gorgeous hydrangeas at the end were awesome!!!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda July 25, 2008 at 5:55 AM  

Oh, What an amazing post! The commentary was wonderful, and complimented all the beautiful pictures, so well! ...pretty little crocheted outfits and pink house! You outdid yourself, as I just knew you would! :) The baby picture with the hydrangeas is priceless! Heather will just love it!

Your creativity abounds, dear friend! So glad you could be a part of this special event!

hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous,  July 25, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

This was just a beautiful shower you've held for Heather. Love all your romantic touches and sweet little rhymes. Love all the hydrangeas. Do you think I could take a small bouquet home!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous,  July 25, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Heidi, you have given a gift of enchantment and dreams. This is just lovely.

You always make everything special.

onlymehere July 25, 2008 at 7:01 AM  

Very nice post! Love the pictures and the uniqueness of it.

Jo July 25, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

I love all the pictures in your post. The feel of them...that little pink cottage...they're all so sweet! Thanks for posting them!

Heather July 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

This is so beautiful and enchanting! I felt like I was at a baby shower in a fantasy! Surrounded by fairies! The poetry was lovely and the pictures- beautiful! And I loved all of the pinkness! The crocheted items are adorable- why is it so hard to find that stuff now days?? I love the hydrangea lined sidewalk- someday I will have a house and that is what my entrance will look like!
Thank You so much for participating in this for me! You are such a sweetheart! I can not wait to get to know you even better!! What blessings have been bestowed on me- so many wonderful blogging friends!
Love and God Bless,
Heather :)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden July 25, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

An absolute DARLING post! If the shower was really in that litte pink cottage one could never get me to leave, lol!
I'm definitely oohing and aahing over the little dresses.
That hydrangea babe is just TOO cute!

Ok, you all help Heather load up her presents, never mind me as I tie that pink door to the roof of my car.......
Nikki

Louise July 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Beautiful, beautiful post. Heather is lucky to have such nice friends!

Kathleen Grace July 25, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

Oh what a beautiful party, from the pretty pink cottage to the cakes and dresses...I actually had a dress very much like the top pink one in the pictures when I was little! Wouldn't it be fun to really make everything that pretty?

Vintage Girl July 29, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

What a brilliant idea! Lovely pictures and so fun to read all about it. Heather

Teal Chic July 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

what a cute post!!! i love all the great photos :)

cathleen August 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

Oh my, these pictures are so pretty! I am in awe of all this pink loveliness. I think I am really going to love your blog because I am a lover of pink and a quilter too.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP