Related Posts with Thumbnails

"The Yellow House"....Whimsical & Happy"

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Note: Tomorrow, July 25th, Rhonda at "Scooterblu's Whimsy" is throwing a lovely virtual "baby shower" for Heather at "Hopscotch and Hydrangeas"! Heather has had a very difficult pregnancy, so Rhonda thought a "party" was exactly what she needed!.....You are all invited! Please visit Rhonda's blog to find out all the details!...See you there! I cannot express to you how I feel about this photo!....."pure Enchantment"?...yes that's it!

Hi Friends, If you have been reading my blog, you know I am going through my entire house & garden,... & cleaning, & reorganizing & rearranging!.... And I must say, I am having a wonderful time!...Who knew straightening everything up would make me so content!....Anyway, during the last week & even today, while "thinning out the basil"...I was thinking about the color "yellow". For some reason, I am so into the color yellow! I have no idea why?....maybe it's bright, happy & carefree, a bit like "Summer".... but then again, I like yellow's softer side as well, the muted shades of aged "Tuscan plaster" or even it's pastel shades similar to "early morning sunlight". For whatever reason, it is my "color of the moment"!......As many of you also know,...I have an incurable "love affair with houses".....Always hunting for my favorites. So this afternoon while taking a much need break, I went searching for "yellow houses"!...& did I find some "beauties"! I can't even pick a favorite...I love them all! ...Thought maybe you would enjoy them too! "Yellow", stately, & so European......
"Summer" personified......
A yellow house..."nice"...a yellow house with a "yellow striped awning"......"REALLY NICE"!!!!!
This "yellow" is right out of the pages of "Grimm's Fairy Tales"......

A little "yellow" cottage" ....... Overgrown with pink roses!
Simple & lovely.....
The "magic" of a yellow house dusted with snow......
Bright & beautiful!......
And finally, this lovely "yellow house" shyly hiding it's classic lines & architecture, behind a screen of green.....Amamzing!........

10 comments:

Tracy July 24, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

All your yellow here, Heidi...Summer personified exactly! Yellow is sometimes a color I have a hard time with, it's not "my" color...and I look terrible in it, so that's probably why--no yellow clothes or shoes--LOL! But this is a lovely, summery post. Doing a big rummage round the house is hard work, but it is also enjoyable work, I find too. To become reacquainted with the corners of one's home amd hidden treasures is a great thing. Happy Days as you clean and make tidy! ((HUGS))

Louise July 24, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

I love them all, but the first one (enchanting) and the Grimm's Fairy Tale are just beyond wonderful.

Have you seen this: http://www.spunwithtears.com/thursday.html ? If not, GO THERE NOW! They're begging you to come!

Tonya July 24, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

My favorite is the yellow cottage! Cottage Living and Country Living are my two favorite magazines : ) Until recently, yellow was my favorite color. My kitchen cabinets are butter yellow. I am loving aqua blue right now, but yellow is still in a close second : )

mommyholly July 24, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

Oooooooooh I am just loving the yellow!!! This color may win out for my bathroom... !! :) And PS. I awarded you right back with the "brillante" blog thing!!!! Don't do it AGAIN, but pop in to see my blog, momma! xoxox!

Anonymous,  July 24, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Oh, Heidi. I'm so with you on this one. A lot of people are surprised to learn that yellow is my favorite color - but I am one for the softer, buttery yellows. And, it works exquisitely with pink. ;-).

Our neighbors have their house painted the perfect soft yellow. It makes me happy just looking at it.

Susan at Blackberry Creek http://www.blackberrycreek.typepad.com/ has a beautiful yellow house. It is just perfect.

Sunflower Farm and Petit Creek Lavender July 24, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

I have never been much of a yellow person but I am finding it more and more pleasing. I love your "yellow" photo's absolutely beautiful!

Erin Glee July 24, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

You have such a knack for picking out pretty pictures...it's like Victoria Magazine Online! Thank you!

Unknown July 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

I love yellow! Your yellow pictures are all so sunny looking. Great post!

Kathleen Grace July 25, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

What delightful homes, thanks for sharing the eye candy:>)

mysteryhistorymom July 31, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Beautiful! I love yellow houses! Did you happen to see the little playhouse my husband made for the girls? Yellow! It's under my post "The Pool is Open!" So fun!:-) Lori

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP