Related Posts with Thumbnails

My "clean" Sewing Room......

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coming up the stairs to our "sewing room".....I have a "mis-mash" of furniture, which I like!.... Hi Friends, I have been so busy with projects in the last few months that my sewing room had gotten to a point of no return! It was a HORRIBLE MESS!....With each project, I cleaned off just enough space to work on that particular piece, but never actually picked up anything more than I absolutely had to?....I kept telling myself I would clean up after each project, but it just didn't happen!!! I even tried to talk myself into the idea that "creative people are artistic, not necessarily organized"!???...What crazy logic!....Anyway, I finally decided to stop procrastinating & clean up! It has taken me about 5 days....I have gone through every drawer... folded every piece of fabric, organized each notion,... dusted, washed & vacumned. And here it is.....My "clean" sewing room!!.....Look quick!!...can't guarantee it will be this neat for long! A pair of long, skinny "Ballard Design" tables.... set "end to end" they make the perfect place to spread out a project & sew..... Love this arrangement, since as you work you have a full view of the neighborhhood!..... O.K., I am a bit "nosey"!
Antique green French cupboard houses our "T.V."( behind the glass doors), tissue paper, glue guns, quilting templates, rubber stamps, etc.......Next to it is another Ballard Design piece, filled with somewhat "pretty things"...ribbons, sequins, millinery flowers, tiny boxes, etc....& of course our cutting table.....
This is the "fabric closet" that holds all of our fabric, ribbons, pieced quilt-tops (waiting to be quilted) & projects for clients.......Remember it's not just my things, but my two daughters as well!
Another view looking across the room....I truly LOVE this space!!! Before this house, I was always sewing in the basement, so this is quite a treat for the girls & I!.....Happy sewing & crafting all!!!.....LOve, Heidi

Note: My "100th post" is quickly approaching!...should happen within the next few days! Since you all have become so special to me over the last few months, I have decided to have a "giveaway"! I am asking you to please leave a comment that day & your name will go in the drawing! The first name randomly chosen, will be sent one of my "Fairfield" striped quilts, the second a Fairfield quilted striped "runner" & the third one of my "Summer" pillows! I so hope you will vist that day!!...see you there!

14 comments:

Unknown July 23, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

Doesn't it feel great to have it all organized! After every big project I put everything away and make some changes in my organization. Then it's off to messing it all up, again!

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 6:46 AM  

Heidi, you are a true wonder. The room looks fantastic. I feel inspired just take a peek.

Your giveaway sounds absolutely glorious. You are so talented, and it is so generous of you to share your talents.

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

Oops! That last comment is mine. I hit the publish button before I finished.

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 7:04 AM  

Hi Heidi,
Your sewing room is amazing, I like the way you arranged your furniture & love all the storage space and the cabinets.
You're such an inspiration and I gonna clean up my sewing room this weekend too. =D
Lynn xo

Louise July 23, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

I'm envious of the whole thing. The space to put everything, and everything in it's space! My "stamp room" is like that. I'm horrible about keeping parts of it clean. Some parts are perfect, but if it isn't quick, I just let it pile. FIVE DAYS. I know exactly how that feels!

PamKittyMorning July 23, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Ohhhh so pretty and inspiring! I love all you pretty things and cabinets etc. YUM.

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

I am inspired to go home and organize!
Tere

Ragged Roses July 23, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

Oh how I would love a sewing room like yours! What a wonderful space, it all looks very calm and serene at the moment too! How I wish I had a space like that, enjoy!!! Hope you're enjoying the summer, it seems to have finally arrived here this week and I have had a chance to sit on the beach with my daughters and read my book at last!
Kimx

Kathleen Grace July 23, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

You have4 a beutiful space, I am still sewing in the (dungeoun) basement, ugh!

Rhondi July 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Hi Heidi Ann
You sewing room is great, lots of storage and plenty of surface space too. Isn't it satisfying to actually get it all organized? I am like you in that I just keep pushing aside things to make room for the present project, but when I take the time to clean it all up it is so much easier to be creative and proiductive!

Heidi July 24, 2008 at 4:56 AM  

Is it in the name Heidi??? I was and still am a bit the same. I get so busy being creative and have my stuff sitting out ready to grab everywhere while normally I am over organized. I love working on many projects at once and that is not helpful. I love your sewing studio! I wish I had a bigger space and you have a real closet. I would die for a real closet! There is no such animal in Holland. We have to buy closets and they take up so much floor space then. I am sure you love being in this creative den as much as I love mine. Also probably in the name...LOL! I love it when you share photos of your home by the way.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Tonya July 24, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

I am in love with your sewing room, it must be so much fun when all three of you are in there together : )

I am still going with the idea that creative people are pigs, I mean messy LOL Because my sewing space is scary right now ; )

Anonymous,  July 25, 2008 at 3:33 AM  

Heidi, I just love your posts - they are so original. How lovely to have a virtual baby shower for your friend! What a beautiful sewing room - it is so nice to see where you work from.
Carolx

Katy July 31, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Yep....100% official...i LOVE your sewing/crafting place. WOW! What a GREAT spot that is!!! I absolutely love it!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!! :)

Oh...I am adding you to my fave blog list...hope that is OK!!! :)

Katy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP