Related Posts with Thumbnails

"One of Those Days"......& "Classic Blue"....

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sky "blue".....at it's best!....

It is Tuesday evening...It has been "one of those days" that started with a long "to-do" list & has finished with very few of those "to-do's" checked off?......I don't quite know what happened?....This morning I seemed to be so on top of it all, but as the day progressed, I was continually being pulled away from the immediate task at hand,...& all of a sudden found myself spending way too much time on projects that just weren't that important???...Oh well, what's a girl to do!...Some days are just like that, I must accept it & go on!.......O.K., so on the subject of moving forward,....One of the last projects of "summer" that I really want to accomplish is to finish painting a few different pieces of furniture. I have a "corner cabinet" in the living room, a "coffee table" on the patio & a couple "odd little chairs" that all need a fresh coat of paint!...and the color I have chosen is "blue"....Forever, "classic blue"!.....So off I went to the computer to pull up a few color-ideas, that I may consider for these "destined to be improved" pieces. In the process of doing this, I ended up coming across this assortment of the most charming "gates"......ALL IN "BLUE"!.....They are all various styles, ranging from ornate iron to simple wood, but each has a lovely "quality" of it's own. One that says "notice me", but in the most "respectful manner". "Blue" is like that you know,.... proud, but quiet. I think I may just add another piece to that "list of painting projects".......a "blue garden gate". One that would not only look amazing, but could also be closed behind me, forcing me to finish my long list of garden "to-do's" without being distracted! :).......Here's to finishing what you begin!........Heidi XO
A touch of "blue" against the "neutrals" of Fall.....

Simple & bright & "blue"!....
Could this "blue" gate, be hiding the most "secret of gardens"?.....
Such pretty "blue" detailing!......

A rustic rock wall & a country "blue" gate.....


And the most adorable little gate, all "dressed up".... in "blue"!

Note: For those of you participating in my "Halloween Swap".....I have assigned you all partners & instructions, & will be e-mailing them to you tomorrow...& I will also be sending out your tiny "tag favors"....a little treat for joining me!......Thank you all!

17 comments:

Polka Dot Moon August 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

You find the most lovely pictures! I want to peek through the blue gate with the "secret garden" :)

Have a great evening!

mysteryhistorymom August 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

That is the most stunning color of blue- absolutely gorgeous.... SO excited about your swap, Heidi! Lori

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

wish I had a gate to paint, I love that color blue sooo pretty:)

Tracy August 27, 2008 at 4:28 AM  

Blue for your cabinet...splendid! Will be looking forward to seeing that later! Have fun...I love painting/refinishing furniture. Love all the blue for us here today...I know what you mean about "one of those" days...I'm having "one of those weeks"--LOL! Oh, just loved seeing your sewing room--what a big, beautiful space you & the girls have to work in! Happy Day, Heidi ((HUGS))

Gone August 27, 2008 at 5:00 AM  

I love them!! I have decided that I really do LOVE blue!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Jan

Unknown August 27, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

Love the blue! I also really love your workroom!

annie

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

Those gates are just beautiful. Can't wait to see your projects when you get them painted.

I've got a "To Do List" for the upcoming holiday weekend that I'll never get done. I'm usually just happy to complete a few items on it. Two of my grandchildren (3 1/2 & 6 1/2) are coming for the weekend. I know they will make it harder but sooo much more fun.

Gretchen

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

What beautiful pictures. I would love to have a blue gate - so whimsical and wistful.

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

You just have the most beautiful items on your blog! And for that, you have an award waiting on my post today! If you are busy, you can just enjoy knowing I thought of you--don't worry about the rest that goes with it. dana

BailiwickStudio August 27, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

I'm crazy about gates to begin with, but make them blue and I love them even more! The photos you found are absolutely charming! ::Jill

Twyla and Lindsey August 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Blue is my favorite color so I loved this post dedicated to blue. Maybe because my favorite color is blue that my personality is also 'proud, but quiet'
Twyla

Andylynne August 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

I enjoyed being shown the "gate". Blue is my favorite color. Your gate photos made me smile.

Andylynne August 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

I enjoyed being shown the "gate". Blue is my favorite color. Your gate photos made me smile.

Rue August 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Hi Heidi :)

Yes, I find myself doing all sorts of things except what I am supposed to be doing, but there's always tomorrow, right? ;)

Those blue gates are spectacular!

hugs,
rue

Cottage Rose August 27, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Where do you find all these wonderful photos. I just love the blue on the garden gates. They all just pop with out being to harsh looking. love it....
Have a Great tomorrow.

hugs;
Alaura

Katy August 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Hi Heidi!!!!! I got the package from you today!!! OH...how i needed it today too...we are all just getting over having the flu and it was such a wonderful item to receive! I absolutely LOVE the runner and I thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! :)

Anonymous,  August 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Hi Heidi. I am loving all of this cheery blue.

I have days like that, too. Good luck with your projects.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP