Related Posts with Thumbnails

A "Sneak Peek" at Christmas.... From "Heidi Devlin Home"....

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I know it may seem a bit early for "thinking Christmas",.... posting "holiday pieces in August ....but for those of us who are designers, artists, craftspeople & quilters, it is the perfect time!.....Many of us are well into the making of our "Autumn & Holiday" items! Our workshops, studios & even kitchen tables are brimming over with supplies,.... stacks of projects started.... & ideas filling the air! I am the first person to feel we must not "rush the seasons",.... but again if we didn't start early,... we would have nothing to offer all of you, who are eagarly awaiting to see the treasures we all have created!......

As for me, I am proudly posting the first of my lovely "Christmas Collection",... "quilted striped runners & sweet little pieces".....all available at heididevlin.etsy.com.....I will be adding a variety of stockings, both "felt appliqued & quilted",.... as well as tree skirts... & even Fall/ Winter pillows!.....There will be exquisitely hand-made ornaments, along with lovely napkins & table accessories! I have designed pieces that would not only be wonderful to have in your own home, but ones that you would be proud to give as "gifts" to very lucky friends!....I so hope you love what I have been creating!.....Old-fashioned pieces, that add "a bit of enchantment" to our everyday lives!.....I invte you to "take an early peek" at what "Heidi Devlin Home" will be offering this Holiday Season!.....And please don't hesitate to ask me about custom orders!.....I so appreciate your interest!
Two of my "Christmas Quilted Runners"......beautifully "classic".......
Another one of my "Christmas Quilted Runners"...this one with taupe & white stripes encased in a bright red binding!......& adorned with little silver bells!.......
These "Glittered Candy Canes" are actually one of my very favotite pieces!.....Being a generous size (12") they can be used in a variety of ways! They are darling "hanging from the branches" of a Christmas tree or tucked in placesettings as a lovely "gift" for guests... or my personal favorite, filling an old "crock" or earthenware bowl with these "sparkling beauties"!!!.....

This is my adorable "Elf Boot".... It is a three-dimensionable 6-inch boot, that can be filled with tiny "peppermint puffs or wee candy canes"!.....My 4 year old grandson Andrew, finds these absolutely fascinating!!...cannot put them down!
This "wee red stocking" is just the right size to tuck amongst the ribbon on a special package or again, ...hang as a sweet ornament!.......
Another little stocking in "winter white" & all "dressed-up" with a small taupe velvet bow!.....
And finally, my quilted "Christmas Hearts"!!!...These are all made from actual quilts...they are generous in size.....approx. 8"x10", & beautifully made! Every heart is a slightly different shape & each can be decorated in colors of your choice!......These are simply the epitome of "Christmas Charm"!......
Thank you for taking the time to see some of my first "Christmas pieces"! I am very proud of them all!.... & would love to have you visit my on-line shop to see the treasures that will be added weekly!.....If I can help you at all, or answer any questions, please just let me know!.....Here's to a wonderful "Autumn" & upcoming "Holiday Season"!.........Heidi (heididevlin.etsy.com)

22 comments:

Joanne Kennedy August 19, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Oh I'm one who can't wait for Christmas. I always get in the Christmas spirt around summer time.

I love the items you have. So cute and cozy.

Hugs,
Joanne

mysteryhistorymom August 19, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Heidi- You have absolutely outdone yourself!!! I love everything that you have created and will definitely be shopping in your shop very soon! I hope everything doesn't disappear before I get there... Please save a runner for me! I just have to decided which one I like the best... Oh my...

Perhaps I will start a Christmas bracelet tonight? You certainly have me inspired! Lori

Mad Red Hare August 19, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

It is never too early to think about Christmas! I work in a small shop and we keep a little Easter, Halloween and Christmas out all year long.

Louise August 19, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

It's all just too pretty! Lovely, lovely!

Polka Dot Moon August 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM  

Oh how lovely your Christmas pieces are! Thank you for sharing :)

BailiwickStudio August 20, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

Everything looks wonderful! I'm gearing up, too. I even listened to my favorite Christmas music the other day! ::Jill

Ragged Roses August 20, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

Heidi you have been so busy and have produced so many mouth wateringly lovely things! You have obviously been spending lots of time in that gorgeous sewing room of yours! Take care and thanks so much for your recent email, sorry I have not had time to reply to it, the school holidays are just proving too too time consuming at the moment!
Kimx

Katy August 20, 2008 at 5:15 AM  

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You make such gorgeous things Heidi!!!

Tracy August 20, 2008 at 6:18 AM  

Oh, Heidi...everything is sooo beautiful! I love every bit of your Christmas collection!! The quilts are gorgeous, I love the simplicity and harmony of them. The ornament are little temptations--nice extras. Your shop looks fantastic! I'm slowly working on fall/winter offerings for my shop too ...sloooowly...LOL! You inspire me to keep the fire burning! Gosh, you've been busy...Happy making! ((BIG HUGS))

onlymehere August 20, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Those quilt runners are "beautifully classic" and I love that you called them that! I'm a quilter too and this is the busy time to get it all done. Plus my work picks up in the fall and winter so I don't have as much time to do it usually. I'll definitely keep checking out your shop!

Anonymous,  August 20, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

They are all classy! Love homemade goodies like this!
Brenda

Unknown August 20, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

I had already been drooling over your table runners before you did this post! I would use the little stockings for a gift card or money gift with some candy!

Anonymous,  August 20, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

Heidi, everything is just beautiful and enchanting. You are so talented, and I agree that it isn't too early.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda August 21, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Heidi, All of your creations are just amazing! You are so very talented! I took a peek at your shop and everything is beautiful! I love the vignette in the background of the pictures, too! :)

Your pictures of old schoolhouses were great! Love the quaintness of those little one room structures! :)

~Rhonda

Just A Girl August 21, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Hello Heidi,
I was just listening to Christmas music on my way into work... Amy Grant~Home for the Holidays. It's never too early to get into the Christmas Spirit, after all, it's really about celebrating Jesus.
Your table runners are so beautiful! I love the simplicity and charm of them. Your little stockings and hearts are adorable too!
Have a wonderful week.
Cori

Anonymous,  August 21, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Your work is just beautiful! I haven't started working on Christmas yet ... but it won't be long!
xo,
Lynda

kari and kijsa August 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Everything looks wonderful! Christmas is just around the corner.

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

kari and kijsa August 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Everything looks wonderful! Christmas is just around the corner.

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Bumpkin Hill August 22, 2008 at 6:40 AM  

Hi Heidi, I just found your blog through Tracy's at pinkpurl and have to say I just love your christmas items. As I'm sat here indoors with it pouring with rain again (what a summer we are having), it makes me want to stay warm indoors and think of christmas ideas so thanks for spurring me on :) Catherine x

Rosa August 24, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

It's never too early to start thinkimg about Christmas!
Your little elf stocking is so sweet!
I'm feeling inspired. . .

Cami October 6, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

Scrumptious! Truly... And I sure adore your new header as well! Cheers to you from my new champagne glasses!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP