Related Posts with Thumbnails

A SINCERE "THANK YOU" & a recipe or two!.....

Friday, June 27, 2008

Once again "thank you" to all of our lovely friends who took part in our "let's go on VACATION" idea! It was a day of "whirlwind traveling" that took us all to some of the most amazing destinations ever! The day turned out to be the perfect solution for anyone wanting a change of scenery!
Last evening, Mallory, Holly & I were sitting comparing our thoughts on how it had all gone...& unanimously wel were shocked to realize we truly did feel we had experienced something "new", we had our "break"... & now felt better resuming our everyday lives!!! This idea may be one we will need to repeat in the future???...Yes?.....Your thoughts?


And now for today,... being home & getting back to my normal little life! A few weekends ago, I tested out a couple new recipes that I am pleased to say were huge "successes"!!! With being Friday morning & on the "cusp" of a relaxing weekend at home..I thought I would post them both for you to possibly try & enjoy! ......Both are from the book "Get-Togethers with the Gooseberry Patch"....the first is "Chunky Chicken Salad with Smoked Gouda" & the other is "Triple Cheese Tart"....Both are just fresh & summery recipes that I know your family will enjoy!......So friends,...stay home, cook, eat & enjoy!..............Love, Heidi

CHUNKY CHICKEN SALAD with SMOKED GOUDA

* 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( to save time, I used the breast meat off two store-bought rotisserie chickens)
* 1/8 t. salt
* 1/4 t. pepper
* 8 cups spinach
* 3/4 cup red pepper
* 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced in rings
* 1 1/2 cups apple, cored & thinly sliced
* 3/4 cup honey-mustard salad dressing, ....(more or less according to you personal taste)
* 1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese ( or Jarlsberg), shredded
* 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper...Arrange on a broiler pan coated with non-stick spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Let cool. Cut or tear chicken into bite-sized pieces...(personally I like to tear the chicken into pieces, very "earthy & casual" & so much more appetizing than cubes!)....Combine chicken, spinach, red pepper, celery, onion & apple in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad & toss well. Sprinkle with cheese & almonds. Serves 6.

* NOTE: I added the cheese & almonds to the other ingredients first, then tossed with dressing! I wanted to incorporate it all with the dressing! Yum!

TRIPLE CHEESE TART:

* piecrust ( home made, frozen, packaged...whatever you prefer!...I used frozen)
* 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
* 2-3oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup half & half
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
* 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained 7 chopped
* 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
* 1/2 shredded Swiss cheese
* 1 t. Worchestershire sauce

Bake piecrust for approx. 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Place pecans on bottom of crust: set aside. Beat cream cheese at medium speed in a large mixing bowl for 1-2 minutes, until creamy. Add "half-and half" & eggs; mix well. Stir in blue cheese, tomatoes, onion, Swiss cheese & Worchestershire sauce. Pour into crust; bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Cut into wedges & serve. Serves 6-8.

4 comments:

Gone June 27, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

I agree with you about feeling good after my "vacation break" and looking at all the other vacations! We indeed, need to do this again!!

The recipes look great!!

~Blessings...and thanks again for getting the vacations off to a roaring start,

Jan

Tracy June 27, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Great recipes...thank you so much for sharing them! Love the vacation idea...I missed it the first time, but hope you'll revive it again! Happy Weekend...Can't wait to see your Pink Saturday :o) ((HUGS))

Anonymous,  June 27, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

I think it was a huge success. Now, I would like a real vacation, too. Do you have a secret for that? ;-)

These recipes both sound delicious. I think I will give them a try.

Schotzy June 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Yum, I aam printing off the recipes. They look so tasty!!
I enjoyed the "Vacations' so much! I actually have been planning a scotland trip for a while now only it would be over at least a month. I intend to see it all ir any. Funny to admit, I have been keeping a scrapbook of my plans and studies so I can share the pictures, driving directions and all with hubby so he can catch the dream. It is a fav pastime, and I ahve something special to keep just in case the real thing doesnt transpire. Oh, I do pray that it does!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP