Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Charm of "Cameos"......

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Look at this amazing wallpaper!.....


Taking a small break from packing & cleaning, & the whole process of moving,.... I decided to go "on-line" to "Country Living Magazine's" website .....I came across this amazing article all about the most charming "silhouette art". Have you seen it?....Even though it's popularity has never reached what it once was, the "cameo" has, & continues to make a strong design presence in fashion as well as interior design. Country Living has spotlighted a few of the many ways cameos can be integrated into our homes & wardrobes! A huge "fan" of silhouettes already, I found this article not only beautifully presented, but one that inspired me to take some of their ideas & possibly add a "bit of cameo" in our new house!......maybe you should too?.....If you haven't had a chance to read this lovely article please do....I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did!

A "modern take" on the "cameo".....

"Classic & beautiful".....


A little "cupboard" & a little "collection".....

Could a more exquisite "arrangement" exist?.....not in my mind!
Wishing you all a delightful weekend!!!.......Heidi XO




14 comments:

imjacobsmom February 7, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

I also enjoyed that Country Living article. I have some silhouettes of my self and my brother throughout the years from a local artist from our own Minnesota State Fair. I think I'll dig those out and incorporate those into my decor this spring. Thanks for the inspiration. ~ Robyn

Jennifer February 7, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

This is so pretty, thanks for sharing! I don't get Country Living (or ever read it anyway) so I never would have seen this.

Pink Princess February 7, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

I love cameos too, and am going to check out the article online if possible. Thanks!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME February 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

I have always loved silhouettes. That grouping looks so grand. Good job taking a break!! Hope all is going well.

Unknown February 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Cameos and silhouettes are everywhere right now, aren't they?

Grace February 7, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

I love the chandalier paper (not the total black but cute! I am so glad you took a sanity break from packing...You so deserve it! Hugs Grace

BailiwickStudio February 7, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

I love, love, love cameos! I have a small collection of them that I never wear any more since I lost a favorite one :(

Silhouettes, too are special to me. I should do some of my grandsons while they're here. ::Jill

RR February 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

ooh i love the cameos!!
such pretty photos

Anonymous,  February 8, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

Heidi, I've been thinking about you, and I hope the move is going well.

I love cameos and silhouettes. In fact, I have some silhouettes that I need to have reframed because I have changed my mind about where I am going to hang them. I put them in the closet while I was changing things, and I need to get them out to remind me. Out of sight, out of mind. ;-)

Donna @ Party Wishes February 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Love it!

Did you send out the swap partners? Just checking!

Sharon February 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

These are wonderful! Seeing the little gold silhouette in the "Classic and Beautiful" picture instantly brought memories of one of my Mimi's charm bracelets. Made of double silver links, it held a silver silhouette representing each of her grandchildren. Now that I've just become a grandmother I plan to pick up that tradition and start a "cameo" bracelet of my own. Thanks for the post.

Ruth February 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Very beautiful. I love silhouettes. I also love Country Living.
You have a beautiful blog.
Ruth

Unknown February 10, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Oh my gosh! How beautiful!

Anonymous,  February 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

I love the cameos... my grandma gave one to me when I was very young and I've loved them ever since!
Missy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP