Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn "Whites"......

Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm sure many of you will agree..."white" is beautiful in Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter!....Sometimes , especially at this time of year though, we have a tendancy to give only the warm colors the proper attention. ......turning our backs on "white". We gravitated to it in Spring & loved how crisp it felt in Summer,.... but somehow forget how versatile & lovely "white"can still be when Autumn arrives!.....Look around your homes for pieces of white that are hiding out in your cupboards or stored away in linen closets!.....& bring them out!.....Mix your "white iron stone" with white pumpkins & berried branches!......drape your "white slipcovers" with cozy quilts & colorful textured pillows..... & even consider painting thrift shop finds like old urns the color white & filling them with beautiful bouquets of wheat or dried hydrandeas!.....You will be pleasantly surprised how adaptable & "Fall-ish" white can be!

When using white in "cool weather" you must also remember to use pieces of white that are very textural!..... soft fluffy rugs, Irish knit pillows & even architectural pieces that are aged & interesting..... I have a pair of old candlesticks where the white paint is chipping & for some reason I love them more than ever in the fall & winter months!

So Ladies,...... in amongst all the incredible color that we are enjoying now in October, remember the color "white". Whether it takes "center stage" in your rooms, or you have just "hints" of white here & there, it is important to realize how this classic color can take on any season & look as inviting & charming now as it did a few months ago!.....

I encourage you to run out & purchase an armload of "white pumpkins".....


Or simply show off a fabulous collection of "white dishes"!.....Whichever way you wish to bring the "Autumn Whites" into your home, will be the right way!.....Happy decorating!......
Love, Heidi XO



11 comments:

Anonymous,  October 17, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

Morning, Heidi! I love these beautiful photos you've posted. Yes, white is an all season color, isn't it? I love that creamware.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

~K~ October 17, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

I am a big fan of "White"..I recently redid my master bath in White and blue....your pics really show how lovely white can be all year long...
K

Sherri October 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Just lovely pictures Heidi, as usual! Thanks for sharing these tips with us! Have a great weekend!

Donna October 17, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Just found your blog and love your posts. I would have to agree about those precious days with the grandkids...I have 6. I love them all but it is so special to have one on one time with them. Come visit me at dobco.blogspot.com.

Elise October 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Those photos are gorgeous!! I am especially in love with the quilt in the first photo!!
Elise

Cottage Rose October 17, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Hello Heidi; Love those photos, I always have my white out all year long... it goes with any thing,, love the ideas you came up with,,now I am on the hunt for some more white.... lol love white pumpkins too...

Hugs;
Alaura

Grace October 17, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

I so enjoy visiting your blog, your pictures are always so pretty and inspiring. I love the whites! Grace

KatCollects October 17, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

I love all of these pictures, I am hoping to find some white pumpkins to decorate with.
Kathy

Fleur de Bee October 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

I'm sitting here reading nodding my head the whole time haha! Just caught myself doing that. I love that photo of the window seat and then the rustic kitchen cabinets overhead that beautiful countertop. Would fit in well here in my city. Everything here is very rustic. MY Shabby Chic tends to be the deep colors of Fall but frilled out. Hope that made sense. I am posting about it on Monday for clarity. I call it Old World Shabby. Guess I could start a trend LOL! Lovely Post!! xo

Paula October 19, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Your white is beautiful! It reminds me of my aunt who had a big hutch with white milkglass pieces displayed when I was growning up. So fresh and beautiful, whatever the season.

Unknown October 28, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

I love the photo of the white dish collection - stunning!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP