Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Living Little's" Summer Tablesetting....

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A couple weeks ago at my first "Living Little Class", I was sharing ideas for setting pretty Summertime tables. My outdoor table was all done in soft aqua & bright yellow, ....which I think is just the loveliest color combination for warm weather table settings! I used the table on my small patio, right off our kitchen & sitting room.... & everything I used was something I already had on hand!...That was the point! To create beautiful tables without spending too much money or too much time! So this is what I did!.....

Centerpiece was IKEA glass bottles, filled 1/2 full with water.... & a few long-stemmed, grocery store yellow daisies.....I also added a pair of glass cylinder vases, with a bit of sand & white pillars...& a collection of vintage, aqua-blue canning jars, done the the same way with sand & votives!

I decided my everyday white ironstone "diner" plates would look "crisp & classic" with the addition of early, Martha Stewart-K mart salad plates placed on top,.... along with very inexpensive glass bowls from IKEA!.....Kmart water goblets, that I have had for years, &
thrift- store tumblers were perfect for water & sparkling wine!

My napkins were homemade! I used yellow gingham & hand-stenciled each with one single number, 1 through four, for each place setting!....I used acrylic paint & hemmed the edges with heavy-duty iron on tape. And each napkin was adorned with these darling enamel-ware "rose" napkin rings, that I picked up while on vacation to New York City!....So pretty!

Also wanting to use the lids of the canning jars, which are so wonderfully heavy,.... I added just a little sand & votive to each, & positioned them at each place-setting. And as the perfect place-mat, decided to use a gorgeous scrapbooking paper!....Amazing designs & cheap!....What could be better!



I was very pleased with how this lovely table turned out!...It proves that beauty can be achieved easily with a little creativity.... & very little money, time or space!....just what "Living Little with Heidi" is all about!....
So today, look through those cupboards of yours...mix & match....& see what enchanting table setting you can come up with!
You will be surprised at all the possibilities!.....

Have fun!....Your friend, Heidi XO

Note: If you would like to receive my newsletter, "Living Little with Heidi" please e-mail me at heididevlin@gmail.com!

6 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff July 22, 2010 at 4:54 AM  

Hi Heidi, what a beautiful cooling color scheme for a hot summer day, just lovely!
enJOY,
Kimberly

Preppy Mama July 22, 2010 at 5:06 AM  

I love everything about your table setting! It is gorgeous. I love those blue canning jars they are so hard to come by in my neck of the woods! Lovely!!

Sherri July 22, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Heidi, what a lovely table! Such great ideas! Have a great day!

Jackie July 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

Just beautiful...I bet there were lots of ooohs and awwh's!!!!!

Heather July 24, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Ahhhhh, nothing is happier than yellow! My daughter's first bday is coming up and it is going to be a lemonade theme so I got a lot of inspiration from these images!! I decided on the yellow daisies but didn't know exactly how I would display them! Love the jars!!

Amber July 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

Beautiful table setting! Love the handmade napkins! The stencil was a great idea!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP