Related Posts with Thumbnails

"I Am Just One Woman....."

Friday, July 30, 2010

Good Morning Friends!
Has it really been almost a week since I blogged?.....Other of course from last night when I accidentally posted a lovely picture without any text??...What was that all about?....but thank you to the sweet ladies who left a comment about the lovely picture itself!


I guess my "wordless post" yesterday, was an indication of my last week. As many of you know I have an Etsy shop where I sell hand-stenciled pillows. Well I truly appreciate how busy I have become, however, in the last few weeks the orders were coming in faster than I realized!...A great thing for a business, but I somehow forgot that filling each order takes time!...always more time than you actually realize!

Long story short, I have been stenciling, sewing, packing & mailing around the clock!.....Always wanting to give wonderful customer service ( a holdover from my Nordstrom days!),.... I have reluctantly had to inform customers I was running a bit behind....not something I feel very comfortable with....
I am happy to report that I am beginning to see a light at the end of my sewing tunnel!....Another few days & I believe I will be all caught up!

I have learned a few things in these last few days....I absolutely LOVE my small pillow business. I love making pillows & sending then off to ladies who appreciate what I do. ....however, I also am just one woman. One woman always taking on much more than she can comfortably handle!! Sound familiar?
I am finishing up on the lovely pillow projects I have left....& happily re-opening my shop next week.......

I will also remember that my business is only one part of my life. I will remember there is only 24 hours in a day. I will remember I am just one person. I will realize once again that I am happiest when I have breathing room & time to putter.

love you all......Heidi xo

2 comments:

MamaMonki July 30, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Can't wait until you reopen. I've been needing some pretty new pillows for our living room.

Sherri July 31, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

WOW, you must have gotten a ton of orders Heidi!! That is great but I know what you mean about your only one woman and there are other things you need to take care of. I hope that you can re-open your shop soon and also find some relaxation in the rest of the summer! HUGS to you my friend!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP