Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Returning to Normal Life Once Again"......

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It has been sometime since I have given my blog, the attention it deserves. For the last month, my life has revolved around preparing for the Queen Bee Market, which was held here in Southern California last weekend.
Each day you could find me stenciling & sewing pillows,... along with painting & glittering my "candy canes" &" rag-ball snowballs"!....Each time you prepare for a show of any kind you forget the time & commitment it takes.....The Market came & went, very successfully....but it will take some time for our home to be completely back to normal.
Yesterday afternoon, I was in the kitchen making stuffed shells & Caesar salad. How lovely to be able to prepare a home made dinner.....& I never thought I would actually enjoy catching up on laundry & picking up the house!.....
As nice as participating in the Queen Bee has been, I may have to think twice about signing up again.....just not sure it's all worth it for me?.....You see, no one is the "homebody" I am. I like a well run home & dinner on the table. I am a huge fan of the "everyday", & anything that interferes with that has to be considered carefully.
So for now, I will relish in my "returning to normal life".....thoughts of craft shows & Queen Bees can be debated another day. Right now I am home & very happy to be so.
Here's to everyday!.....
Heidi xo

7 comments:

Bluebell November 17, 2010 at 12:13 AM  

I Know what you mean, I think it's something to do with having some order in our lives. I too love the mundane and find a certain contentment in the smooth running of my home, but occasionally I like to break out just as long as I can come back to the serenity of my home.
Jill

Sherri November 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM  

Heidi-you are BACK!!! I have missed you my friend! I used to do shows many moons ago and I have given that up. Etsy.com is my selling place and word of mouth. Your stuffed shells dinner sounded yummy! Enjoy your home time!

cakegirl November 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

Welcome back! It seems like such a long absence. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and before you know it Christmas will be here! The pictures of your booth looked fabulous. It's your attention to detail that makes everything you do so perfect. I love, love, love your style.
Yvonne

Andrea November 17, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

Your booth sure looks beautiful! I can totally understand where you are coming from. I have a very demanding job, own the business, and provide 24 hour call (I'm a vet). Right now, I just really want to be home with my two little munchkins and be the most important thing: Mom. Looks like that will be happening, due to my husbands transfer and the sale of my business. I'll always have my career to go back to when/if I'm ever ready =)

Janie November 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Heidi, I am so glad you are back. I was worried about you and prayed that nothing terrible had happened. I, too, am a homebody. Home is the most wonderful place on earth. Enjoy yourself.
Janie in Texas

Shawnee November 23, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Sounds like a lot of work but I bet you were the hit of the ball!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP