Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Kindred Spirits"......an amazing story of friendship

Monday, January 9, 2012

A few days ago, I received the most amazing e-mail. I will post the actual letter at the end of this blog post, but I feel the need to give a brief explanation before you read it.

A couple years ago I hosted a lovely "St. Valentine's Day Swap".... here on my blog. Many ladies signed up to participate....among them a lady named Donna who lived in Wisconsin & another who lived in Arizona named Lynn.

From looking over their information sheets (needed for any swap), they seemed like the perfect swap partners for each other,.... sharing similar interests & tastes....so I indeed made them Valentine swap partners!
They both fully enjoyed the swap, each e-mailing me afterwards, telling me how much fun it had been & how wonderful it was to meet a friend through a blog!?......So over the last two years, Donna & Lynn, even though never meeting in person, became dear friends......

Then like I mentioned above, I received this incredibly touching letter. It made me remember, it made me happy & then it made me cry.... sad tears,.... very sad tears.
After a good cry, I realized this is also a very inspiring story. A story of two ladies, brought together in the simplest way. Two ladies who have become the best of friends through sharing their lives over the internet...... sharing their best experiences & getting each other through the worst ones. It is a story of true "kindred spirits"......

Thank you Donna for writing me...& reminding us that true friendship can be found in the most unusual ways........In friendship, Heidi XO
***************************

This is Donna's letter to me.....

"A Sad Farewell to a Blogging Friend"

Dear Heidi,
Back in the winter of 2010 you hosted a Valentine's swap. New to the blogging world and haven't done anything like this before I was hesitate but somewhat curious and decided to sign up. Well what a beautiful experience and special friendship I formed with my new "friend". We seemed to have been matched together not only by you but by someone with much high powers. We clicked together immediately and continued to correspond and share "surprises" as things arose. A few months later we were both struck with a terrible, devastating tragedy and leaned upon each other for strength and companionship when we both felt so isolated from the world. We continued through the past two years, though never meeting, or even talking on the phone, continued to open one's soul and bare our most intimate fears. We would continue to make gifts for each other and would share our vintage finds with each other trying to bring some joy and smiles to our somewhat dark, gloomy lives we were forced to endure. Heidi, my dear friend, Lynn, whom you introduced me to, is struggling to stay alive while fighting a brain tumor. As of late October, she was still hand stitching me things for my kitchen and sending me vintage surprises.....then weeks passed and no correspondence.
While busy myself with the holidays and starting a new job (and keeping the old one) I just assumed she was caught up in lost time and was busy preparing for the holidays. When the first of the year arrived and still nothing from her, I became worried and tried to reach her. I just received a short, but brief e-mail from her husband, "Lynn will be entering hospice care". I cannot think of how many times she lifted me up in prayer when I was struggling with my own hardship. I will miss her thoughtfulness, her kind words and the way she gave me strength when I felt so weak. I thank you Heidi for the opportunity to meet a new friend along life's journey and to gain so much from a brief and yet, so powerful friendship. I have many friends in my life, some from years ago and others more recent, but this "blogging" friendship was unique. I will be deeply saddened should I receive news of her passing. For now she is still with us, though struggling and fighting this terrible demon that has overtaken her body. Please share with others through your post, to add Lynn to their prayers and believe that through God anything is possible. Thank you. Donna Z.

10 comments:

Neabear January 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM  

How blessed that Donna and Lynn were swap partners and what a beautiful friendship they shared. Prayers indeed for Lynn and also for Donna.

~Linnea

Annelies January 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

I too have been blessed with the most wonderful friendships thru blogging...many I have never met, but still hold close to my heart. Know I am praying for both friends, that they may find peace and comfort and know that someday they will truly be together. XXX

Lisa~A Cottage To Me January 10, 2012 at 4:35 AM  

Wow, that is so great that they came to be such dear friends and never even spoke! Powerful friendship!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies January 10, 2012 at 5:10 AM  

What a wonderful thing you did matching these two kindred spirits in your swap. I will certainly add Lynn and Donna to my prayers. Hugs and comfort coming your way too.
Blessings

Sherri January 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM  

Heidi, what a lovely post!! I have formed many, many friendships through blogging. That is so sweet that you brought those two lovely women together even if for a few years! HUGS to you Heidi and thanks for blogging with me!!

Wendy January 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM  

What a beautiful story of friendship Heidi! Will be praying for both Lynn and Donna. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us your readers....
Wendy

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage January 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM  

Oh, Heidi...what a story! Thank you for sharing it with us. It WAS a fun swap too...I remember it fondly.
~Michele

Lisa January 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM  

Heidi...its me Lisa. I come and go..checking on you and your blog these past 5 years. Stopped in today to be blessed by this beautiful story. What a blessing the blog world can be. Able to keep us all together through good times and hard times. I will be praying for both these ladies and feel blessed to do so. Hugs to you heidi:) Your blog always fills me with such warmth. Lisa
Oonefineday.blogspot.com in past years...vintagesweetpeas.blogspot.com

Country Gal January 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

A smile and a tear from Wisconsin.
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. I will be passing these beautiful warm thoughts along to my dear friend and her husband. We must trust in the Lord for he has great plans for us. Jeremiah 29:11. I am forever grateful Heidi. Thank you for your friendship. Donna

Silkie January 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

I met Donna over the phone, feeling the strength of her faith, and felt she truly deserves a break. Donna, I'm not sure if you remember me, but you told me to check out this sight as I said you could probably make a better living by sharing your stories with the world.... A book or reality show on Bravo, or whatever. I am so glad we got to talk, even if it wasn't the best of circumstances, but you are truly a gift from God whose example could do great things to glorify Him!

Lots of Love,
Suzie

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP