Related Posts with Thumbnails

"News & Updates for the Week Ahead".....

Monday, July 28, 2008

All my "Simple Woman's Swap" treasures........ Good Monday Morning!.....Today I am posting about all kinds of "odds & ends" that have or will be going on. It seems I have let lots of little things pile up, thinking each day I will include them in my post...so today is the day for all the important little things that have been going on around here!
First of all, I participated in the "Simple Woman's Summer Swap". Peggy thought it would be fun to each swap 3 items, one new, one "gently-used" & one from thrifting. We were each paired up with a partner & then got started! I was fortunate enough to be given Kim at "Simple Needs" as my partner & had a wonderful time putting together all her surprises! Well, I too received a lovely box full of the sweetest treasures! Thank you so much Kim!!!...Included in the box (photo above) was some bulbs for the garden, a wonderful glass jar with small blue stars candles to melt down for a candle, a darling little earthenware dish, a hand-made "scubbie" for dishes, a "heart" cookie cutter, lovely journal & the cutest primitive "flower doll"!!!.... Kim, you made up the nicest box for me! So fun to get & open!! Being "swap partners" & getting to know you has been & will continue to be a pleasure!
**********************************************************************

Also, wanted to let EVERYONE know, that on WEDNESDAY I will be writing my "100th post"!! I cannot believe it!... Starting my blog, meeting fellow bloggers & then having them turn into some of my dearest friends has been incredible!....To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to have a "Giveaway"!.....I will be giving away one of my "Fairfield quilts" (maybe two!),... one of my quilted "Fairfield table runners".... & one of my darling "Summer pillows"!.....Of course these are all pieces I designed & LOVE!...& I so hope you do too! Please visit my blog on Wednesday, July 30th, leave a comment & your name will be added to the list of names I will be randomly choosing from!!....I so hope you will be here helping me celebrate!.....See you Wednesday!!!

********************************************************************
Yesterday was also 1 week since I started my "healthier lifestyle"...very pleased to announce the loss of 4 lbs. this week!....I ate much better,... lots of salads, lots of WATER, & was fairly active....Tried to give up my "Diet Coke" or "Diet Rite", but just couldn't do it completely!!!....In the late afternoon I would give in...& did that drink taste good!.....Am looking forward to another successful week!.....

********************************************************************

Thank you to you all for visiting & leaving such wonderfully "heartfelt comments" on my "Pink Saturday" post. As you are all probably aware, Kari & Kijsa's father sadly passed away this last weekend. Their brother at "Son of Whale" continues to write each day....simple, beautiful posts about their dad, their feelings & how they are all coping.....Wishing all my support to their family.....
********************************************************************
O.K. Friends...I think I am all caught up!...Enjoy this last week of July!.....Your friend, Heidi XO

12 comments:

Erin Glee July 28, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Love all your surprises~what fun to trade!

Congrats on you weight loss...I would be happy to lose one pound in a week...I need to make it happen like you did!

Gone July 28, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

Last week of July??? Oh, my....where did the time go??? LOL!!!

It looks like you got some delightful items in the trade...and congrats on your weight loss. Pace yourself...know that it's a way of life, not a diet, pray for strength to carry through. Expect ups and downs...and you'll do fine. In 20 months, I've lost 60#...and have more I want to lose.

~Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous,  July 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Heidi, you do have a lot going on, and I loved reading about it all.

Congratulations on your first week. Great loss.

I'll definitely be visiting you Wednesday. I want to help you celebrate your milestone post.

Kathleen Grace July 28, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

What lovely swap gifts! Congratulations on your weight loss, I know it isnt easy but you are doing great to lose 4 lbs in one week:>)

Tracy July 29, 2008 at 6:04 AM  

Hi, Heidi! LOVED your pink churches for Pink Saturday! We were away, out & about this past weekend, so I'm still catching up with everyone--LOL! Big congrats on your weight loss--terrific start! We'll cheer you on! ;o) Your swap goodies are just lovely--swaps are such fun surprises. So much happening--enjoyed your catch up post here. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Heidi July 29, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

Wonderful surprises Heidi! It is fun to get things like this in the mail. How exciting that you have your 100th post tomorrow. Blogging is so great and really changes how you look at life. Great job on the change of lifestyle!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Nanna July 29, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

Hello Heidi,
Thanks for coming by & paying me a visit, I love your blog, & what a fantastic pink sat. you did! I don't think I've ever seen a pink church!
Helen

Andylynne July 29, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

Found you from Ragged Rose, I have had a wonderful time exploring your blog.Sounds as if your swap was lots of fun

Kim Nico. July 29, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Hi Heidi,
I've been reading your blog daily since Dena's shower. I had so much fun and was, as usual, inpired by you. Your blog is beautiful, fun and has opened my eyes to the blogging world. Thanks for sharing self and talent with so many. You have an amazing gift!

Congrats on the 4 pounds...keep up the good work.

Kim Nico.

Vintage Girl July 29, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Your blog is lovely, I found it from over at Clover Yard, another beautiful blog and lady. Congratulations on your weightloss, wonderful!! What a fun swap, enjoy your goodies. Heather

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda July 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Hi Heidi! "Happy 100th Post!" I will definetely be back tommorow to get my name in the pot for the wonderful items you are giving away! That is so sweet of you to do that! Congrats on your weight loss! I think I have gained at least 5#, since David's accident...we are inside so much and I eat and eat! LOL! I've got to get a hold on it! I lost 37#'s last summer and fall, and since the first of the year, have gained 15#'s back. I wish you the best of diet success! :) You are inspiring me to get back in the swing of a healthier lifestyle! :)

You got some pretty things in your swap! :)

See you tomorrow! Hugs, Rhonda :)

simple~needs July 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

i am so glad you liked everything!!
hugs, kim

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP