Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sweet Images of Christmas......

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blush pink roses, old silver & a scattering of wee oranments.......

This afternoon, finds me thoroughly enveloped in the "Christmas Spirit"!.....Last night was my annual "Cookie Party".....a gathering of my dearest friends, for a cozy evening of chatting, eating & just enjoying the season!.....In preparation, I begin dressing up the corners & cubbyholes of our house, & even though there is still much to do, our home is beginning to feel like Christmas might be just around the corner!......Instead of coming up with "grand decorating plans" for our house, I am instead focusing on decorating in a sweet, sort of "old-fashioned" way...with no real plan, or color scheme, no theme..... I'm not interested in buying "brand-new" or trying to create anything "elaborate"...... What is calling to me is a simple, cozy, some-what "humble" feel.....tiny red printed fabric lampshades, jelly jars & crocks filled with "peppermints & candy canes" & lots of greenery!......strands of sparkling white lights strung across my kitchen,... masses of pure white votives scattered among antique ornaments & the sparkle of slightly tarnished tinsel! There will be paper chains made from brown craft paper & dusted with glitter, "snowballs" of plain "muslin & mica dust"......& stacks of somewhat tattered, but dearly loved, Christmas stories, just waiting to be enjoyed. This is the type of holiday decorating that is happening at my house, charmingly "plain & simple"!...... I hope you enjoy these "Sweet Images of Christmas"........ Heidi XO




Soft, worn linens..accessorized with "bits" of Christmas.....



A room where, ...... "visions of sugarplums dance through our heads".....




Sweet, tiny trees.......





Note: All photos courtesy of Country Living magazine....

12 comments:

cherokeefox December 13, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Such a beautiful little pink tree!!

mysteryhistorymom December 13, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

I love everything, Sweetie! I love the slightly tarnished silver with the blush pink ornaments- so romantic and lovely... Lori

Patti December 14, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Pretty, pretty pictures- thanks for sharing. Your deceorating ideas sound wonderful. I love cozy and old- fashioned- there's such a warmth to that and it's so welcoming!
~ Patti

Unknown December 14, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

I just love the images Country Living has to share. These are so simple and elegant!

savvycityfarmer December 15, 2008 at 5:44 AM  

Life at Cedar Hill sent me on over here.
Don't ya love to know how people find your site?

I think your heart beats with mine....stop on over and you'll see why.
Sigh

I'm doing a post later this week called
"Move over Martha (Stewart)"

Donna December 15, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

Oooooh, so many pretties!

Happy Holidays!


Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous,  December 15, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

Heidi, I know your home not only looks festive and elegant, it exudes love and warmth. You have a kind and giving heart that you openly share with all of us.

Schotzy December 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

Hi, Heidi! Love all your Christmas images! Just wanted yu to know I posted my vintage goodies todaY!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie December 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Lovely pictures. Thank you for sharing. laurie

Sherri December 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

What beautiful pics, I love Country Living magazine!

Michelle December 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

Beautiful. That's all I can say. Just beautiful!

Sharon December 16, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Heidi, I love all your Christmas treasure pictures, the sugar plum Tree is so pretty. Thanks for hosting the Christmas swap, it was so much fun and I enjoyed every thing Andrea sent to me. Sharon K

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP