Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A Few of My Favorite Things".....

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"White lace curtains" against old chipped paint.....

Are there not some "special things" in life that you just continue to gravitate to?.....You're not quite sure why or when the attraction began, but for as long as you can remember these pieces captured your heart. Each time you happen to run across one of them, you simply stand, admire & smile....apppreciating once again this "object of your affection".....While sewing today, I was thinking about some of "my favorite things",..... & thought I just might list a few of mine tonight & at the same time ask all of you...."What objects makes your "heart skip a beat"?......"What are your favorite things"?......Here are a few of mine........

"Old White Houses"......big or small, always call to me!!!

" Country Kitchens"......simple & sweet.....& with wonderful aromas filling the air!


"Beautifully Shaped Windows".......amazing achitecture gets me every time!.......even if it's a bit worn!...Oh!....the possibilities!

And "Rocking Chairs" of any kind, especially wonderful in "multiples" & "facing toward the evening sky"!.......
Now I invite you,.... to take a moment during the day, to think about what makes your "heart sing"......I guarantee it will be time well spent!......to "Favorite Things Everywhere"!.......Always, Heidi XO




5 comments:

the wild raspberry July 29, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

ahhh....you found some amazing pictures to go with your list!
lovely.
xo
chasity

Sherri July 29, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

Love your list and also love the pics you put with them! I thought about what you said and I've got quite a list! Thanks for making take some reflective time!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME July 29, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

You should so do a Mr. Linky on this topic. I love some of the things you mentioned....some of my heart skips are smells or feelings...like the feeling I get when I hear a train in the distance or the smell of a soft summer rain...the rockers are definately a fav of mine. I love the Charlotte airport...it is filled with rockers!!

♥ Noelle ♥ July 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

very pretty! i love neat windows like that too:)

Amber July 31, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

Oh, that rocking chair photo looks heavenly.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP