Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Pretty Summer Tablesettings".......

Monday, July 13, 2009

#1-Welcome to my table!....With this setting I have used a piece of scrapbooking paper as a placemat, a dishtowel for a napkin( a new one!), & twine & a packing label as my placecard!....This is my everyday "white ironstone", a jelly jar is serving as a votive cup & I stole the crock of hydrangeas from my living room end table!...The feeling is warm, inviting, especially when faux raspberries are scattered about!


Hello Friends, I hope you have all enjoyed the start of a new week!.....As promised in my July newsletter, "Living Little" with Heidi..... I am posting tonight about pretty "summer tablesettings"!......I am a few days "tardy" posting, since our days have been overtaken with warm weather activities, so please forgive me!......As I mentioned in my newsletter, I LOVE setting beautiful tables!...Now this doesn't mean fancy, expensive tablesettings, but instead "everyday" ones that are simple & easy to put together!....These are lovely settings that are meant for your daily meals! Afterall we all know that food tastes much better when you use cloth napkins & dine by candlelight!

Tonight I am sharing with you a few of my favorite "tablesetting ideas"!...I have photographed 3 placesettings that are very typical of what I enjoy doing!...& remember my "Living Little" philosophy, these are all ideas that take very little time, space or money! So what could be better! My hope is to inspire & share what has worked for me!...."Happy Tablesetting All"!......All my best!....Heidi XO

Here is a closer peek at my blue/white dishtowel napkins!...Dishtowels are wonderful to use, since they are large, absorbent & always made in the most lovely checks & plaids!....& the added bonus is this...after you use them for a time as napkins, they can be repurposed as true dishtowels!.....

#2- With this placesetting, I borrowed a piece of "ticking fabric" from my sewing room to use as a placemat.......I also decided one of my antique mixing bowls filled with ripe tomatoes would be a lovely centerpiece, along with a pitcher of bright pink geraniums!...and sometimes the meal you have planned requires just a "single fork", so why wash anything more!

#3- With this third placesetting, I used another piece of scrapbooking paper in a pretty yellow/brown print under my white ironstone plate. I also thought adding a brown transferware salad plate was a simple way to dress it all up a bit!...I also used a combination of silverware, which is always "proper" & much more interesting than a set!....Another idea is to use a couple different flowers together on your table....I thought a pitcher of soft yellow roses, along with my white hydrangeas would give a nice touch to my table!... Bringing in this twig container, filed with dried lavendar & a chunky candle adds such a fabulous scent!....And tucking in a little shell box ( a small wood box that I adorned with gluing shells to the lid), along with a tiny shell placecard holder (given to me through a dear swap partner) displaying "XO", reminds us of the summer season we are all enjoying!

One last hint is this.....Especially when temperatures are warm, bring to the table an extra container of whatever it is you are drinking!....I just recently found at IKEA, these syrup bottles that are the perfect size to place next to each person's placesetting, offering a refill without having to get up from the table!.....They are very inexpensive & look so charming!




17 comments:

Grace July 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

what beautiful ideas! Thank you for sharing hugs Grace xoxox

Mary @ Neat and Tidy July 14, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

Heidi: Thank you so much for all your ideas. They help those of us (like me especially) who are decorating challenged. I am hosting a sewing weekend with my cousins next month, and I have been looking for ideas that are unique. I'm heading to the Dollar Store to see if I can find some good towels for napkins. I enjoy your blog and newsletter so very much.

southerninspiration July 14, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

GREAT ideas...thanks so much for sharing.

Suzanne

Anonymous,  July 14, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

I LOVE this post! Very beautiful and so inviting. Now to just sit back and enjoy good company!
Terry

The Cutest Cottage Lamps July 14, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Hello Heidi, you sure make beautiful table inspirations! I love the raspberries too! Please stop by as I have left you a "lemonade award" on my blog! And have a great week!
xxxooo
Marilyn

Anonymous,  July 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Heidi, it's so pretty as always.
:) Missy

♥ Noelle ♥ July 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

lovely ideas! i adore the idea of using scrapbook paper as a placemat!! thanks for the inspiration:) your flowers are so pretty!!

Sherri July 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Heidi what great table setting ideas! You are one creative chick! Thanks for sharing!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME July 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

what a great idea for refilling glasses. I feel like a jumping jack when we have guest...someone is always without something to drink! Beautiful tablescapes!

Lisa July 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

What charming tablesettings! I love using dishtowels too. There are so many pretty ones!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie July 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Love all of this inspiration! Those syrup bottles are just so clever! Thanks so much for the wonderful ideas. laurie

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage July 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

hat a sweet, inspiring blog you have! Enjoyed my visit!

Hugs,
Maryjane

KatCollects July 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

All of the tables are beautiful. What a great idea to use scrapbook paper for placemats. I always have tons of pretty papers here. I posted about my pillow, I adore it!
Hugs,
Kathy

Amber July 15, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

These are all very beautiful and inviting place settings!

shaybert July 15, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Oh I love the idea of scrapbook paper as a placemats. Somewhere I saw those used as temporary wall decor, coordinating pieces covering an entire wall! And the dishclothes? I'm stealing some of your great ideas. Love it. Blessings, Shay

the wild raspberry July 16, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

love this post....where to start?!...
1st~i would love to know where you got the faux raspberries...obvious reasons why :)
2nd~love the yellowware bowl and all your ironstone...my favorite dishes!
3rd~what a great idea to have the extra beverage by the table setting.
i'm so ready to have a small quaint little party now. how inspiring!
chasity

Joan July 16, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I have a great idea for your next swap. I hope you dont mind me sending you ideas! A tablescapes swap. Send each other everything to decorate a table. There could be restrictions...how many plates, a certain holiday or picnic or brunch...something like that. I really enjoyed your last swap and look forward to more.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP