Related Posts with Thumbnails

What Would Our Founding Fathers Think?

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The time has come to once again take a departure from what I love to write about, decorating, sewing, recipes, etc. Some of you will agree & some of you will not, but I simply cannot be silent a minute longer.

What comes to mind this evening, is what our "Founding Fathers" would be thinking about concerning the direction this country is going?....We are slowly, or maybe not so slowly, erroding the very principles that have always defined our country, the most inportant being "our freedom". If we remain silent, "quietly & politely diagreeing" with what & where this administration is taking us, we will soon be awakening to a America that we not only do not recognize, but one that is irreversibly ruined forever. President Obama & many of our Democratic leaders somehow think that "government" needs to control us all....our "money, our businesses & now are health care"???.... Since our President has taken office he has done absolutely nothing except "increase spending" & sink us deeper & deeper into debt!....Now please don't bother e-mailing me, telling me it is all President Bushes fault!!....Certainly the previous administration shares the blame,...but since January 20th, 2009, President Obama has done just fine taking this country down all by his "liberal self"!

And now the President's "National Healthcare Bill" is the next thing that is looming ahead of us!...The Democrats are trying to push this through in a matter of weeks!..... before many Americans wake up to just how dangerous this bill will be to this country & to it's citizens!....First of all, it is just another way to spend trillions of dollars this country simply does not have!....Just think how we are leveraging our children's future!

Now I know health care is expensive, but there must be a better way than turning it over to the Federal government!....Imagine sitting at a doctor's office that runs the same way at the DMV??? Imagine the goverment deciding who gets what care?....Pay attention to the horror stories you hear about in countries with government-run health care!...An English woman we know, was diagnosed a couple years ago with a brain tumor. She happened to be in her early 50's & in good health otherwise, however the British government decided she was over 50 & a bad risk!!??? So they denied her care!?...She & her husband chose to come to the U.S. looking for private medical help & found it. She is alive & doing wonderfully. Fortunately, she & her husband were able to afford to do this, but what if you couldn't????....We've all heard stories of patients having to wait months & months to get an operation, getting more & more ill, while they wait & wait & wait for care???....Does this make sense to anyone??....

President Obama makes it sound like you have choices?....but in truth, private health coverage will become so outrageously expensive that only the very rich will be able to have options!...More & more people will have no other choice than surrender to national health care!.....allowing the federal goverment to know just that much more personal information about each & every one of us!.....

As far as I'm concerned, if members of the "House or Senate" vote "for" this national health care bill than they should have to participate too!...Afterall, if they feel this is a wonderful opportunity for our country & each of us, than shouldn't it be great for them too?....Hmmm?....Do you truly think Biden will be taking advantage of national health care???....how about Ted Kennedy?? And how about the person who has sung it's praises from day one, President Obama?......Well, when asked a few days ago, if he "The President" would take part in "his" National Health Care Program".....our President responded by saying "that if his wife or children were ever seriously ill, he would want the "very best health care" for them, so "NO" he wouldn't be participating???????......Can you believe that!!???............."National Health Care" is good for all of us, but not good enough for the leaders of this country, the very individuals who designed it?......

So once again, I ask myself, "What Would Our Founding Fathers Think"??....I'm fairly sure they would be very disappointed & very sad. However, I also think they would be "fighting"..."fighting against big government" & "fighting for freedom" & "fighting mad"! They would be standing up & voicing their opinions, not sitting back accepting what some think is the inevitable!......AND SO SHOULD WE!.....America is "our country"..."the people's country"!....not the poiliticians!.....Get informed, get involved & make our "Founding Fathers proud"!

24 comments:

Anonymous,  July 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

wow! I suppose the people that are anxiously awaiting for healthcare are the ones that don't have it... do you??

Brynwood Needleworks July 17, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

Heidi:
I agree with you completely. My grandmother died in England under socialized medicine and many MANY people leave their countries to come here for medical help because it's the best in the world.
Do we need better regulation for the insurance industry? Absolutely! But, I, along with you am tired of the current administration thinking they should make all the decisions for us...and all the sheep masquerading as citizens, who are looking forward to it.
Thanks for your brave post.
Donna

onlymehere July 17, 2009 at 5:55 AM  

We all need to write our congressman. Health care definitely needs to remain in the private sector. I work in health care and feel that what we need is insurance premiums people can afford, i.e., totally tax deductible premiums and health care so everyone can afford it. I've had an HMO and it was a nightmare, I can only imagine that a national healthcare system would be a million times worse. On the other hand I have had two older children who were unable to get healthcare bz of no insurance. One was bleeding profusely and definitely needed stitches but the hospital wouldn't touch him until I came up with $75.00 to pay out of pocket and I just didn't have all of it. Fortunately the physician I work for did it for us as an emergency on his own time and dime. Another child's bladder is slowly getting destroyed with kidney stones and bladder infection that the Instacare will not see her for bz of no insurance. Even though all these places have signs that say "no one will be denied care due to inability to pay." Don't believe it for one minute, they'll deny you. Why isn't Obama going to the doctors to find out what works and doesn't work? They've dealt with every insurance angle and could be a great asset. Sorry for the long comment but it infuriates me what is going on in health care. If my family were illegal immigrants they would get all the healthcare they needed but since we're legally born here and our family line goes back to the Mayflower my kids can't get care. I've seen it way to many times with illegals.

onlymehere July 17, 2009 at 5:58 AM  

Clarification: The two children I was speaking of are out of the home and too old for me to carry health care coverage on my policy since they're no longer full-time students and now married. Oh, and can I add we only had an HMO for two years until all the employees rebelled against it and my husband's employer had to find another provider. It is so much better off an HMO and I can see the doctors I choose.

the wild raspberry July 17, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

I just did a post last week on the slippery slope out country is heading down....it really is scary!
I just shake my head in dismay every time I hear something else that Obama is trying to pass.
Hopefully people are finally opening their eyes to what he really is and we can get America back to where she came from.
Chasity

sherry July 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

I agree with you. I am praying for this country to wake up and fight to keep the freedoms my Father and my husband fought for.

Anonymous,  July 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

We have a government run health care system now, it's called the VA, I say expand that.

Perhaps our government run health care plan will be modeled after France's... definitely better than the English one.

You're just mad that your team didn't win

Audrey July 17, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

I agree with you 100%. And it is not because 'our team did not win'. All you have to do is look at the numbers and you will be scared to death for you children and grandchildren. And even if I did not agree with you, it is YOUR blog and you can voice what ever opinion you have.
PS. I love your newsletter!

Addiction Medicine Plus July 18, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Hello Heidi Ann: Well said, well done and you have spoken eloquently regarding a timely subject. I have been in General Practice for 43 years now and what is proposed is shameless. Our Founding Fathers are floundering in there graves. mc

Best Blogs

One Shabby Old House July 18, 2009 at 4:46 AM  

Good girl for speaking up. We are going to have to. Imagine signing something that you have no idea what you are signing. It sickens me to think that so many are so all on board with the man simply because Oprah says so.
We haven't seen an American birth certificate, Is he legally even our President??
His college thesus was sealed....hmmm
I could camp out of all the issues but then the day would get away from me.
Your voice has been heard and I echo your concerns.
Becky

Nancy July 18, 2009 at 5:55 AM  

Came for Pink Saturday...was sidetracked.

This whole administration is so scary. I do believe we will all be so poor soon, that the voting majority will continue on this track of dependency upon the government. The end of the two party system.

We cannot overlook the fact that the congress has been in the hands of the Democrats longer than the presidency.

Scary. (Independent here.)

Louise July 18, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

I don't think people have a clue what they asked for.

I was telling my husband this morning that I've never felt so watched and controlled by "Big Brother" in my life as I do now.

("Anonymous" is such a rude coward.)

Unknown July 18, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

I can't understand anyone thinking more bureaucracy could be useful in any way. What has the government ever done on a large scale that wasn't dogged by fraud and waste? I can't imagine anyone intelligent enough to go to med school doing so if the government is in control. Good for you for opening up this topic, Heidi.

Anonymous,  July 19, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Amen! I will be the first to acknowledge that the health system/insurance sytem is waaay out of whack....but I DO NOT want our government running the health care system. I totally get what not having health insurance is like - I work in a clinic...but we do not need the government stepping in.
Terry in Milwaukee

Charlene July 19, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

AMEN SISTER!!!! I am indeed afraid!

Anonymous,  July 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Way to go Heidi!!! My sentiments exactly!!!

Unknown July 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Heidi, I am so blessed by your comments and even those of your readers. We totally need to get more informed so we can talk to many of the younger generation who are somehow on board with this whole change without accountability government that is indeed selling their future!!!??? Meg

Ruth July 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

My heart aches for the direction our country is heading in.

Ruth

Amy,  July 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Do people relize that they will be told what clinic they can go to, what doctor they can see. What medications they can take and what procedures they can have. No real choices! Thats what they have in France.

Anonymous,  July 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

I am so with you dear! Thanks for being brave and speaking out! I am so tired about those who say "It's because your "SIDE" didn't win" and those that pull out the race card! GROW UP!!!!

Why can't we just do it because it's the RIGHT thing to do?

If I had a choice, I would do away with political parties and pick the RIGHT person for the job...then if he sucks, we could fire him!

People better get with the program and speak out because once these things are passed (albiet with other little tid bits of goodies hidden within the pages for special interests that you don't know about) you can NEVER go back....so don't whine later!!

Anonymous,  July 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

What cracks me up about this post is that you claim that people are denied coverage when they are part of a government run system. Do you not realize that it happens hear every single DAY??? We are also denied by our insurance companies for pre existing conditions, told what medications and tests we can have...and if you want to talk about FRAUD... oh my gosh, do you not SEE the fraud that exists in our insurance companies today??Heaven forbid if you DO NOT HAVE healthcare, do you realize that NO ONE cares about you??

Maybe you might like to trade your healthcare and give it to someone that needs it? That might be something for the people that are against this program to think about.

It is just sad how greedy and selfish our country is. Very Sad.

Permenently removing your blog from my list... definatly NOT a very nice post.

Anonymous,  July 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

The best healthcare I ever had was when my husband was in the military. We could pay for healthcare if we just dropped some of these crazy DOD government "contractors" that took away jobs from our enlisted service members, and bilking us out of millions.
But don't worry, it'll never pass because both the Democrats and Republicans are beholden to the insurance and pharmeceutical industry. No Dr. wants this passed because they won't be able to charge higher fees.
Didn't the Lord say, "I was naked, and ye clothed me, I was an hungry and ye gave me meat..?"
I guess the poor in this country will just have to stay sick.

Betsy July 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy July 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Our Founding Fathers are irrelevant if this health care goes through.
No one I know of has been denied coverage when they have had to go to a hospital or doctor.
I know there will be a problem when all of the illegals are covered in the government takeover of our health care system.
If anonymous loves Frances system, one should be more than happy to move there and take advantage of them. I don't think any one is anxiously awaiting healthcare, they already have it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP