Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A Bit of Sunday Reading"......

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Good Morning!......Hope you all are enjoying the start to a lovely Summer Sunday!.....After you have read the paper & had your coffee you may also like to check out some of the links I have provided today about our country's impending "National Health Care Bill".



In the last few days, after posting a blog about my opposition to it, I have needless to say been inundated, with comments!!!....most very supportive.... & of course some that were not!...It seems to me that if you post about any subject other than "decorating, crafting or sewing" (all of which I adore!).....you are immediately thought of in a different light!...A few blogging friends have decided to take me off their "favorite lists", choosing not to visit me anymore?....A few others have voiced their opposing opinions to me, but under the safe name of "Anonymous"?.....which is always puzzling to me?......We all have a "voice" in this country (or at least for the time being!)....On "my blog" I have every right to "voice my opinion", & you all have the right to do the same!.....We may disagree, but that is entirely O.K.!.....but what I don't understand is why anyone who disagrees strongly enough to write me a scathing comment, cannot sign their name to it????....My goodness, stand up for what you believe & don't cowardly stand behind the name "Anonymous"!.......Enough said....



I have collected some great "links" to information you may or may not have seen.....Some I've found on my own & some are from friends who have written me......Please today, take a little time to visit these sites!!.....I will say it again & again!....Learn all you can about this "National Health Care Bill"!!.....Trusting that our elected officials know what they're signing is ludicrous...most haven't even read "the bill" , the very bill that may change our quality of health care forever! .....Thinking they have our best interests in mind is short-sided!!....Afterall, as President Obama has said.....this health bill does not apply to them! None of our elected officials have to worry a bit!....We the taxpayers have set them up to receive the best health care available with our tax dollars!.... They can sit back & relax knowing they will be well taken care of,..... while all of us will be enjoy having the government decide our "rationed" care!......



As you know, I am passionately against this "health care bill"!!.....I think it is bad for America & even worse for the American people.....I encourage you to read the following articles, if you want a few other "viewpoints", besides those of the "mainstream media"!....& then make your own decision. I also have given you the link to the "Free Our Healthcare" on-line petition, which I invite you to sign if you too are against this bill!



"Thank you" to all of you for allowing me to voice my opinion!.....I love our country & am very proud to be an American....that is why it is so vital we all know the facts about this issue!.....Wishing you all a great week ahead!.......Heidi XO

*http://www.nypost.com/seven/07172009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/os_broken_promises_179667.htm

*http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124536864955329439.html

*http://www.nypost.com/seven/07242009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/deadly_doctors_180941.htm

*http://blog.heritage.org/2009/07/24/president-obama-meet-gunner-hawkins/

*http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/07/open-letter-to-president-obama-on.html

9 comments:

Louise July 26, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

I will always support your little sidetrips from decorating and things pretty. You are one of the few blogs I know that can make very pointed political statements without making personal attacks.

You have every right to say what you want. Others have ever right to not read if it they do not wish to.

molly July 26, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

THank you for standing up for what you believe and standing up for our country!! If we ALL do not do more of it we will lose the country we love! Our freedoms are slowly being taken away. once again thank you!!!

RosieJo July 26, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree about politics, we do agree on one very important point. We each have a right to voice our own opinion. Say what you must! It's your right!!!

KatCollects July 26, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Hi Heidi,
You have every right to voice your opinions on your blog. And thank you for the links. I for one like to keep an open mind and hear both sides of every issue. When I started my blog I thought I would keep it all smiles and crafts and fun. But you know what, life is hard sometimes. So it has turned in to some very personal posts at times about my Son and about his journey in to joining the Army. As a Mom I am struggling, and I don't feel like I have to be perfect. This Friday will be the 10th anniversary of my Fathers death. So there will be another serious post. I respect everyones right to read it or not, and my right to post what I feel. So there are tears mixed in with those smiles on my blog and it's all ok : ) Carry on sweet Heidi!!!
Hugs,
Kathy

the wild raspberry July 27, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

it's good to dig a litte deeper than decorating and actually use our ability to think sometimes ;)

it is pathetic how liberal and biased the media is...

thanks for having the courage to stand up for what you believe
xo
chas

Sherri July 27, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Heidi, you have a right to voice you opinion any time you want! Isn't that what America is all about-FREEDOM OF SPEECH! I'm glad you stand up for what you believe in, more people should! I agree this "health care bill" is bad for America, but even if I didn't agree with you I wouldn't beat you up for not agreeing (especially since this is your Blog). Those people that have taken you off their Fav List, really weren't worth checking in with you anyway!!

Elle,  July 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Thanks for the information!
But, like anything, there is always two sides and before I make up my mind on anything, I have to see both sides.
We do need to reform Medicare. It is a crime that our seniors cannot afford co-pays and medicine when they have done so much for this country. I hate that people like Rush Limbaugh are using scare tactics on our Seniors. I heard him the other day and it was sickening. The Republican party should distance themselves from him. He's just a shock jock, really.

We could afford healthcare or some sort of catastrophic plan at least, for those without coverage if we got rid of costly, unnecessary, department of defense programs - all in the name of "terrorism" that Bush quietly passed through congress.

I am in a military family and even my ultra conservative brother-in-law says that it is not the same military it once was. There was a lot of mistakes made in the last 8 years
there.

In the mid to late 90's, I worked in Human Resources and we would have audits on our I-9 forms regularly. We could receive a 1000.00 fine if they were not correct. (illegal IDs) We had very few problems because employers were not hiring illegal aliens. I saw that all change when Pres. Bush came in to office, who I voted for and regretted doing so by the end of his term. I think he was a good man but even good men make bad decisions.

The problems you had with your house was a direct result of the banking industry standards being relaxed and no one was watching over them.
They made crazy loans and sold them to overseas investors and now we are paying the price of those foreclosures.
After Pres. Bush came in to office, they relaxed all the INS standards and that is when my state was inundated. If people are going to complain about illegals having free healthcare, they should look to the problems that led to it - its largest increase was during the Bush Administration.
As a Human Resources professional, I had a front row seat to the problem and my company's hands were tied.
Even though I love my family, I don't always agree with their choices. I think that is the same way with elected officials. I may support them but I don't always agree with their opinions. You, also should really look at both sides.

I may not agree with you or others and that is o.k. but I enjoy keeping up with your blog, and that is how political discussions should be -honest and friendly.
Thanks!
Elle

The Queen Vee August 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Amen sister! I've been reading everything I can get my hands on in regards to the Health and Cap and Trade bills. I live inside the beltway (VA) so it's politics 24/7 and I think this congress has completely lost their minds. The debt and change they want to inflict on this country is frightening and our children and grand children will bare the burden of all of it. Thank you for standing up for what you believe...God Bless America!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP