Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Mother's Pumpkin Cookies,.... thanks to Sarah.....

Wednesday, September 8, 2010


Please understand! My mother used to make the most incredible "pumpkin cookies". They were supremely tender & frosted with a cooked, brown sugar frosting......so good that sitting here I can smell the aroma drifting through the air,... & I haven't even begun to make a batch yet!

I have been looking for this recipe EVERYWHERE!...I have googled it a million & one times, still not finding this perfect recipe?...Then today, all of a sudden, after altering the phrase I fed into Google,.... I found it!!!....I followed it back to a lovely blog, "In Praise of Leftovers". It seems that it's hostess, Sarah, has the same adoration for these cookies, as I do... & also remembers her mother baking them for her!.....I left a comment to Sarah, telling her I just had to steal her photo & this recipe & post it on my blog!!!...of course giving her all the credit!!!....So this is Sarah's photo & Sarah's mother's recipe!!!!!......

Maybe our mothers found the recipe in the same magazine or newspaper article years ago?.... who knows!...But one way or another, with Sarah's help,... I have found my mother's long last "pumpkin cookie recipe"!...Thank you Sarah!!!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints September 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Oh MY! I love anything pumpkin. Those looked a-maz-ing. Thanks for sharing:)

Sherri September 9, 2010 at 5:44 AM  

I love pumpkin baked goods! I have always been looking for a good pumpkin cookie recipe and this one looks like it is it! Thanks for sharing Heidi!!

Susie Homemaker September 9, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

Isn't it wonderful to live in such an age when a search on the computer leads us to long lost treasures...

I Am all about the pumpkin this time of year...It is my favorite in anything!!

Now I get to add these cookies to my growing list of must have fall goodness!

Warmest wishes,

Susie

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP