Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Getting Caught Up"....With Awards, Annoucements & a Thank you....

Friday, August 29, 2008

NOTE: #1- It's Friday afternoon.....& the "final weekend of summer" is before us. I found this lovely photograph & have been waiting to use it for the last few months, but am so glad I saved it till now. I think it is the "perfect image",.... for saying our" sweet good-byes" to the last few months. Let us all enjoy this last "warm-weather weekend,.... before "gently inching" toward Autumn. This summer has been a wonderful one,... but for me, the idea of "Fall", has captivated my every thought!...."Good-bye Summertime",.... see you next year.


NOTE: #2- Congratulations Gov. Sarah Palin, for becoming John McCain's vice-presidential nomination.....An exceptional woman, to say the least!!!....I enjoyed watching (but respectfully disagree with) the Democratic convention this last week, & am very excited to see what the Republicans have in store for us in the coming week!....The next few months should prove very exciting!!!...I urge you all to get out,... & proudly get involved!....After all, having an opinion & standing up for it,..... is what America is all about!


NOTE:#3- I have been very "tardy".......My sweet friend, Alaura @ "Cottage Rose", tagged me about a month ago with the "Five Embarrassing Songs" tag. I meant to post about it in the next few days, but as you can see it has taken me a bit longer!...To tell you the truth, the only time I am really listening to music is in the car. And when I am in the car, my daughter, Holly & grandson, Andrew are usually with me. Even though listening to "Rascal Flats" would be my first choice,... the tunes we are usually listening & singing to, are ones a 4 year old enjoys! Which is just fine!.... And they are wonderfully "silly", so here goes.....#1-Raffi's "Baby Beluga".....#2-Hullabaloo's (a San Diego based duo) "Too Much Mango", #3-"Dogs & Diamonds", #4-"Mama Llama" & #5- "Grown-Up Sippy Cup".....I invite anyone who might be reading this to consider themselves to be tagged! .....Thank you, Alaura!!!!


NOTE:4-My dear friend Rhonda @ "Scooterblu's Whimsy" made up this charming award, & passed it on to the many wonderful readers of her beautiful blog!...Rhonda, that was just the nicest idea! I would like to pass it on to the following friends,....with an invitation to post a few of your favrtite blogging friends as well!.....

1- Tonya @ "Puddin Pop".....wonderful mother, ardent seamstress & huge fan of the "Twight" series!.....aren't we all!

2- Lori @ "Morning Glories and Moonflowers".....lovely new friend & talented "jewelry-maker" & crafter.......& very patient for putting up with my "crazy long" e-mails!

3- Heather @ Hydrangeas & Hopscotch...The sweetest "new mother" for the third time, just recently,.... lovely blog about her family & thoughts....

4- Devina @ The Fairy Glade...The most charming English woman & blog,... that I am always "tickled" to visit!

5- Gretchen @ Bird Nest Cottage....A new friend that has proven to be as much as a "homebody" as me!....darling blog!

NOTE: #5- And my final note is about the most delightful lady ever, Dana @ The Stone Rabbit....Dana writes, & posts the most wonderful stories of her, & of course "the Stone Rabbit", ...very, very funny!....I was thrilled when she chose me as one of ladies to receive the "Kreativ Blogger" Award. Thank you for thinking of me Dana!!!...I am to tell 6 things that make me "happy"....and then pass this award on to other bloggers!...Please keep this going friends!....

*Six Things That Make Me Happy".....1- RAINY DAYS.....2- SOFT OATMEAL COOKIES...3- MY FAMILY....4- FRESH FLOWERS WRAPPED in NEWSPRINT....5- BRITISH MAGAZINES...& 6-EXPENSIVE HANDBAGS (haven't purchased any in quite sometime, but haven't lost the desire to!)

I will pass this award on to the following....

1)-Donna @ Donna Art.....such a talented lady/painter & such an enjoyable blog!! I purchased one of her tiny "nest" paintings...just the lovliest little thing you have ever seen!

2) -Karen @ A' Musements....a new incredibly talented friend! You must visit her site & see for yourself the exquisite pieces she creates!

3)- Holly @ mommyholly....I know I'm partial, since she is my daughter, but I so want to brag about her "oh-so" charming cards & tags!!!...Go see for yourself!!! Just darling!

NOTE: #6- A special "thank you" to Lori @ "Morning Glories and Moonflowers" for writing a wonderful post about some of her favorite etsy shops ,... mine included!!!....That was such a lovely thing to do Lori!!! I want you to know how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

12 comments:

mysteryhistorymom August 29, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Heidi- Thank you so much for the sweet award! You are an absolute sunshine in my life, too!
You must tell me more about the "Twilight" series. I am so intrigued... Lori

Louise August 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

Congratulations on all your well-deserved awards. That picture you saved IS just perfect for the end of summer. I hate summer ending this year, but this has helped me have a little better attitude. I love fall and I love winter, but summer with no school is just so wonderful. Now that we've been in school a couple of weeks and you so happily point toward autumn, I'm getting in the spirit!

Margie August 29, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

That really is the perfect picture to depict the end of summer. I love fall, but I'm just not ready to give up my summer yet! *sniff sniff*

Carol August 30, 2008 at 2:25 AM  

Good morning Heidi, it is lovely and bright today...quite rare these days!
I like the changing seasons even though our summer has not been a good one, at least we had a good week while camping - thank God.
It is my birthday soon......humph ! Autumn is quite a special month for me.
Have a wonderful weekend Heidi.
Hugs,
Carol xxx

Tracy August 30, 2008 at 3:57 AM  

Hi, Heidi! Congrats on your very well-deserved awards! Love you goodbye to summer image...it does, indeed, have the essense of farewell to summer...Beautiful! The summer has been a great one, but I am looking forward to the change of season...Each season having its own special qualities. Yes, the next months should be VERY exciting as the presidential race revs up to the last race! I think it's terrific McCain chose a woman as his running mate...But must say I am a Democratic supporter, always have been. I'm overseas, but look forward to casting my absentee ballot soon! Hope you have terrific weekend, my friend! Thanks so much for your email. I will write you during the weekend :o) ((BIG HUGS))

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Congratulations on your awards! I got your card today. Thanks!
Brenda

Unknown August 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

You certainly are well-loved!
I adore your end of summer photo!

Anonymous,  August 31, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

My wee sumpins came in the mail today...... so cute. Thank you, thank you. ~ Lynn

Kim Nico. September 1, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

Hi Heidi,
Thank you for your positive comments about John McCains new running mate. I think it is the most exciting thing that has happend for the Republicans in months. I very suprisingly have found something that I agree with Mr.Obama about. I agree with him that Mrs. Palin's daughter as well as other family members, are off limits and that her daughters pregnancy has nothing to do with her qualifications to be vice president. Thanks for being willing to bring up politics among fabric, foxgloves and folly (I think food would fit in the title as well).

Happy September!
Kim Nico.

Red Geranium Cottage September 1, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

I totally agree with you on the Sarah Palin congrats. I am very excited about this. I just bought my T-shirt tonight and will wear it proudly.

Anonymous,  September 2, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Heidi, Thank you for the award an congratulations on all of yours. I've mentioned you in my blog as my homebody friend.

Gretchen

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups September 2, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Hi!
I stumbled by your blog, and enjoyed my visit.
Best wishes~
Cathy

P.S. Sarah Palin rocks. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP