Related Posts with Thumbnails

"My Living Room"...All Clean & Ready To Welcome Early Autumn.....

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My "living room"...looking down from the first landing.....I love the "color combination" of all the blues & browns. It really helps "ground" & give the room "weight"...especially after making the decision to paint all the walls "pure white".

If you read my blog, you know I am going through my house, room by room, giving everything a thorough cleaning! I am pulling out furniture, dusting baseboards & reorganizing each & every drawer!....Little by little it is getting done & I am feeling happier & happier the more I accomplish!....On an everyday basis, I keep a fairly picked up home, but over the coarse of the summer, ...with the doors open & all of us going back & forth to the pool & garden, this house of mine had gotten pretty darn dirty!....So it feels good to be reclaiming it once again! I happened to be chatting about all this to Rhonda at "ScooterBlu's Whimsy". She mentioned that she was hoping I would post photos of the finished room...so these "glimpses" of my living room are for you, Rhonda!
Looking across the "living room"....I love mixing really "great furniture" with all my "flea market" pieces!!!.....And may I say there is very little "really great"....& lots & lots of "flea market"!...
One of my "leopard velvet couches".....This may have been my single most brilliant design decision! (if I do say so myself! :).....With 3 large dogs, 3 cats, a 4 year-old grandson, 2 college age daughters, 1 husband & lots of friends & relatives, this house gets a lot of use!...especially since this room is our only "living space"! (there is no family room)...This "leopard velvet" is incredibly durable & stain resistant...& yet so soft & comfortable! I have had these same two couches for almost 20 years, recovering them in this fabric 2 years ago...& they still look brand new!
Looking up the staircase from the "living room"....I decided to keep the white walls, since it gives the perfect backdrop to my "collection of quilts"....all done in blue, white & brown. These are all quilts from "Fairfield Quilts"....my own business at heididevlin.etsy.com
Our "Henry",... quite content on the couch.

A "still life" arrangement on a very old table I picked up years ago.
A "cozy corner" for reading.....
All my "ragballs" filling an antique box...& set in front of yet another quilt!!! I have to keep these up high, since Cooper, our other Australian Shepard prefers to use them as "chew toys"!.....
Another photo of the entire display....
Our view of the patio, from our the "living room" window.....still need to place the coffee table back among the chairs! ....O.K. friends, I hope you enjoyed my "little house tour", it's back to work now!!!...next is the dining room/library!!!

32 comments:

Louise August 8, 2008 at 5:12 AM  

It's beautiful, and I wish I had the time/gumption to go through each and every nook and cranny like that!

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

Heidi, I love your home. Your style is wonderful, and everything exudes warmth and charm.

I could sink right into the reading corner with a good book, or just sit and chat for hours.

KKJD1 August 8, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Everything looks beautiful. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Karen

Katy August 8, 2008 at 6:03 AM  

Your living room looks really nice!!! So clean and tidy! It must feel sooo good to sit and there and just breathe!!! I am totally LOVING all the quilts you have all over! Have you made them all? They are gorgeous!!! :)

Also..your patio looks beautiful as well!!! What a sweet and inviting place your home is! :)

Tracy August 8, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

WOW, Heidi...your place looks like from a magazine! It's so beautiful...you have a great flair for decorating! And your patio...I could live out there! I'm small, don't take up much space, you won't even notice I'm there...LOL! ;o) Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. Happy weekend to you & yours ((HUGS))

mysteryhistorymom August 8, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Heidi- Your house is an absolute dream! I love the way you have displayed you quilts, too. Classically beautiful and yet cozy. That is a difficult combination to achieve and you have done it! Thanks for inspiring all of us!:-) Lori

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

What a beautiful home and patio!

Kim Nico. August 8, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

I LOVE seeing pictures of your house. What an inspiration. I can totally relate to the great feelings of accomplishment and a clean house.
Thanks for the encouragent!

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

When you're all done would you like to swap houses? :0)
You have put together a lovely home. You have a great eye for design and simple beauty. I love it...

onlymehere August 8, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

What a beautiful and inviting room! You must have posted this on RMS bz I seem to remember those couches and someone saying they had just been recovered. Like you I'm about buying quality pieces and keeping them a long time. We had our first couch 13 years and the last one 24 years. They were still good enough to give one to my daughter when she got married and I went with a smaller couch/love seat. I also love your quilts. I'm a quilter too so they always catch my eye! Now I need to catch your cleaning bug as summer has left me with a dirty house too!

Tonya August 8, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

Heidi, your house looks like a magazine spread! I love all of it! I wish you lived closer to come help me out. I can't quite figure out how to decorate how I like, while making everything extremely kid friendly. Clutter is definitely my enemy lol I can't wait to see more of your home as you clean : D

shaybert August 8, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

Love it! Thank you for the tour. Your home is so welcoming! I would love to snuggle up on your patio on a cool evening. Sigh Blessings, Shay

mommyholly August 8, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Looks fabulous, the leopard couches are the BOMB! ...and I love Henry in all the photos hahahaha!!!!! :)

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Heidi-Your house looks fabulous!!

Schotzy August 8, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Your style and talent for decorating is exquisite! I love everything!

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Heidi, your living room is so lovely and CLEAN. I am going to begin the same task as soon as we get home. We are in Raleigh dropping off the last of our grands. You just improved my motivation. I might even paint some walls. Your quilts are fabulous and look terrific where you hung them. I love all of your decorating touches. I would say you have the hang of this decor stuff.

Jeanne

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

I so love getting to see other people's living spaces! Yours is so restful and appealing. Did you make the rag balls? I love them. Especially the colors. And I have lots of quilts that I have made and I can't bear to stuff them in a linen closet. They've got to be out where I can see them!
Brenda

Donna August 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Your home is beautiful, Heidi! I love how you decorate, and the colors are lovely.

Have a great weekend!

Heather August 8, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Oh my goodness Heidi! Your home looks like it came straight out of a designer magazine! I love it!! I really like the blue and brown combo! It adds coziness to a room while still keeping it fresh and airy I think!! That room is amazing. I love the cute little rag balls and all of the quilts! So much eye candy I had to stare at each picture for quite awhile!!
Thanks for sharing!
HUGS
Heather :)

Unknown August 8, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

Your home is so comfortable (and clean!) I wish I had the strength to do a big cleaning like this! I love the display of the blue & white quilt w/ the rag balls! So classically simple!

BailiwickStudio August 8, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

It feels so good to have everything ship-shape! Your living room looks wonderful! ::Jill

Joanne Kennedy August 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

Your place looks like a model home. So pretty and put together so nicely.

Hugs,
Joanne

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME August 8, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Your home is gorgeous and I love the quilts going up the stairway. I enjoyed seeing it!

melissa August 9, 2008 at 5:40 AM  

Beautiful room! Love the leopard sofa :)
And, you patio - fabulous!!

Melissa

Twyla and Lindsey August 9, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I am amazed that two of my favorite things are in this room and I am so pleased to see a real designer using them in the same room - the lucsious animal print sofa and the sweet rag balls. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ August 9, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

What a great room. Those couches are something my eldest daughter would love, love, love! Your quilts are wonderful and your patio is one that would be perfect right here in my yard. It screams "ca living". :0).
Good for you getting the cleaning done. I cannot embark on the same task until my kiddos return to school in three weeks. For that, I cannot wait. Seriously. A messy house just irks me.

Anonymous,  August 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM  

You're living room is absolutely gorgeous. I love your color scheme and you certainly have a great way of display all of your pretties.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Darlene August 9, 2008 at 7:05 AM  

You have a gorgeous home.....it is decorated with warmth and great charm. I ABSOLUTELY love it!!! What a view to your patio too. WOW!!

cathleen August 9, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

Very warm and inviting with your use of blues and browns. Love how the quilts pull everything together too.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden August 12, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

Ah, I had to come back and comment some more... I love that leopard sofa. Blue and brown together is so nice. I wish I had another room to do it in.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents August 16, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

What a beautiful home you have! I think I could just live on your patio!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY May 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Is that boat rental a sign? I love it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP