Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A Delicious Recipe & A Lovely Award".....

Monday, August 11, 2008

Hi All, it has been quite sometime since I have posted a tried & true recipe! So I thought that would be exactly what I do today!...This recipe comes again from the "Barefoot Contessa",...Ina Garten. For those of you that read my blog, you already know that I LOVE Ina's philosophy when it comes to food, ..fresh, beautiful & delicious food served simply!...So today's recipe is all those things...Ina's "Sun-Dried Tomato Dip"!....so delicious you will make it again & again! This recipe is extremely easy & quick ...& one that I have made forever!!! Whip some up & let your family be the judge!.....
INA GARTEN'S "SUN-DRIED TOMATO DIP":

4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
10 dashes, hot red pepper sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, red pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.
Serve with crisp veggies and crackers... or as done at our house,..spread on slices of slightly warm Tuscan bread, alongside a salad of "garden greens" tossed with a bit of sweet vinagrette!! So yummy!
Note: makes 2 cups....

And one more thing....My dear friend Lori at "Morning Glories and Moonflowers" honored me this evening, with the "You Make My Day Award"!!!!....I have never seen this charming award, so was simply "over the moon" that I was among the lovely ladies who Lori passed it on to! Thank you so much for thinking of me!...you always "make my day"too!

Now for the deserving ladies I am pleased to pass this award on to!.....

Tracy....Rhonda....Tonya....Holly....Carol....& Carol....Kim...Rue...Jill....A-M.....You all have amazing blogs I love to visit regularly!...Thank you for being my friends!......Heidi XO

19 comments:

Tracy August 12, 2008 at 4:33 AM  

I LOVE that dip...I make it often! I make it with lower-fat dairy items, and it still tastes terrific. Really like Ina's easy, tasty recipes. Congrats on your award, Holly--couldn't happen to a sweeter friend! :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

mysteryhistorymom August 12, 2008 at 6:03 AM  

Heidi- the dip looks divine and I love the idea of serving it with warm Tuscan bread and a salad with vinaigrette dressing. Yummy... Lori

Have a wonderful day!

Louise August 12, 2008 at 6:04 AM  

That dip looks YUMMY, and it will definitely be on my short list of things to try.

Congratulations on your pretty award! I am sure a lot of us agree with Lori.

Anonymous,  August 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Heidi, that dip sounds absolutely delish.

And, congratulations to you on your award, and to all of the recipients.

You always make my day.

Ragged Roses August 12, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Thank you for being my friend too Heidi! How lovely and kind of you to pass the award on to me - thanks!
That dip looks very yummy and tempting indeed, I love sun dried tomatoes and it sounds like such a summery and sunny recipe, just what I need to make up for the lack of summery weather, I could eat it with my eyes closed and just imagine I'm somewhere warm and beautiful!
Kimx

Unknown August 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Congrats on your award! That dip sounds great, I'm saving it to my files!

Anonymous,  August 12, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Heidi, thank you so much for my award. I am tickled!! It's such a pretty little illustration too, I shall be very proud to display it on my blog. I think this dip sounds delicious - I will "give it a whirl". (really, does anyone say that phrase any more!! I think I was born in the wrong era!). I am now going to do some web research on Brownstone interiors - is it a type of building? I love the interiors of some of the apartments seen in movies - the net curtains behind glazed doors especially. Always looking for inspiration. I haven't seen The Holiday yet - woo hoo! another movie for one of my girly nights in. Have you seen Frankie and Jonny? Another of my all-time favourites. I could go on forever...but I won't!! Thank you again friend for the award, it has certainly made my day brighter.
Carolx
p.s. I LOVE the piccies of your home. Stunning!

Anonymous,  August 12, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Congrats on the awards. And the recipe sounds divine!
Brenda

Tonya August 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Aw, thanks Heidi! You always make my day too : ) Seriously, I always feel happy after reading your blog, you are such a kind and happy person!

Oh, and congratulations on losing 8 lbs!!!! That is awesome, I am really impressed : )

Anonymous,  August 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

That sounds delicious Heidi and I printed the recipe out. Come on over to my blog. I did a recipe too. It's a nice healthy one. I am so jealous of your new lifestyle...tread mill and pool. I so need to do that too. ~ Lynn

Cottage Rose August 12, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

The dip sounds great I will have to try it sometime. and Congratulations on your award, you so deserve it. You make my day too. Oh and on loosing eight lbs. that is so wonderful keep up the good work. Have a exciting week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Jessica August 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

I just love Ina's recipes. Her cookbooks are on my holiday list this year. Her sundried tomato dip is one of my favorites!

Carol August 13, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

Thank you Heidi So Much!
and what a great receipe...I have quite a few tomatoes on my plants which would be just perfect for this receipe - once they have been Aga dried!
Have a wonderful day.
Carol xxxx

Rue August 13, 2008 at 6:20 AM  

Good morning Heidi :)

Thank you so much for the award!! I'm really flattered that you thought of me :)

I love Ina Garten and her recipes are almost always perfection. I'll have to try this for sure!

hugs,
rue

Marja Kristiina August 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

So wonderful to have met you, too! I'm especially thrilled to be able to take part in the Vintage Halloween swap.

Congrats on your award -- a well deserved one, I might add!

Take care!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda August 13, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Hi Heidi! The dip sounds wonderful! I love trying new recipes recommended on other's blogs! I will definetely have to try this one!

Congrats on your award! You certainly deserve it! And THANK YOU so much for passing it on to me! I am humbled and it means a lot to me! You are a sweetie! :)

Oh, and the farm house...I showed a picture of it back around May, I believe. It has been in Kevin's family for a hundred years, come 2010. He "ended" up with the farm and house. It is about an hour from our current home. We gutted the house about 2 1/2 years ago, and SLOWLY are renovating it. Trying to modernize it, but keep it "period" looking. We plan to retire there when David gets out of school, which he is only 9, so we have awhile! LOL! It is about a third of the size of this house, so I am a little concerned if it will be big enough, but with the kids gone, I don't guess we will need near the space! In the meantime, we will use it for family holidays and reunions, and such. And family hunts... I would love to have a few chickens and cows...can you imagine that! LOL! So that is the story of the farm house!

Well, I am off to see your new Christmas goodies! You have been busy with decorating and getting ready for Christmas! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

PS...I am still having pleasant dreams about your leopard couch! :)

Donna August 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

The dip sounds SO GOOD. I must try it. She's got such good recipes.

Congrats on your well deserved award!

Hugs,
Donna

Ana Carini August 14, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Hi there~
Hey, I have one of her books and I really enjoy it! Great post.

Also, since you enjoy food so much, have you visited www.deliciousdays.com? I love that blog!
It's all about yummy food.

melissa August 15, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

I have made this dip many times also - love it (love Ina!).
Congrats on your award :)

Melissa

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP