Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Glimpses" of My Sweet Little House....

Monday, April 13, 2009

I am a true believer in having at least one bouquet of "fresh flowers" in your home!....These are some gorgeous "stock" I pick up each week at the farmer's market! I am addicted to this amazing color!!!! For some time now, I have been posting photos of lovely rooms & homes from some of my favorite magazines like "Country Living & House Beautiful".....which I will certainly continue to do. However, since we began renting this house, I am feeling more & more like posting what I'm doing here in my own home!.....I have been very busy trying to arrange, decorate... & make the tiny rooms in this house come alive with an old-fashioned "prettiness"!... So here are a few "glimpses" of my sweet little house!....

Our "living room".....I decided to use my "quilts" as the artwork in many of our rooms!....I love the graphic design & think it makes the perfect backdrop to my leopard velvet sofas & toile pillows!.....

Even in this tiny house I squeezed in this chest of drawers, which here in my kitchen serves as the perfect "sideboard".....an ideal spot to dress up with antique crocks, glass cake plates & domes, along with a huge bunch of hydrangeas!.....I have the drawers filled with candles, linens, my Kitchen-Aid mixer & recipes!......Today the cookie jars are partially filled,... & once in a while, a cake or two may be tucked under the domes!.....


A little peek at my side of the bed!....We ended up selling our huge bed...couldn't fit it in this tiny room!....So now an "old quilt", I picked up at Brimfield serves as our headboard! ...and there is so little room, that a pair of Walmart T.V. trays serve as our "nightstands"!!!....They fit perfectly & actually are quite efficient!...and the best thing is each tray was only $8!!

And one more photo of our bedroom......the quilt is very old, so it prefers to hang a bit crooked (which I find charming!), soft denim pillow shams, our beautiful blue/white "Double Irish Chain" quilt.... & another Brimfield find, an old grain sack that I stuffed to make this large pillow! An itty-bitty room, but one we find "cozy & inviting" & delightful to retreat to each evening!.....




27 comments:

Amy,  April 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Hi,
You are blessed with a beautiful home.
Have a happy TEA PARTY PROTEST DAY TOMORROW. I'm sending tea to the White House. Hope you all will too!Take care and God Bless.
Amy

Emily April 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Wow you house looks like it belongs in a magazine! I love what you've done and would love to see more.

mommyholly April 13, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

LOVE the photos- your photographer is simply amazing hehe!!!! ;)

Polka Dot Moon April 13, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Heidi,
What a lovely home. You make everything so beautiful!
And stock is beautiful and I simply love it's fragrance. One of my favorites.
Denise

mysteryhistorymom April 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

I love it all, Heidi! Absolutely charming and so inviting! Lori

Elise April 14, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

Hey Heidi!!
I am so, so, so happy to see photos of your own home!! I hope you share more!! Love it!!
Elise

Susie Homemaker April 14, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

So glad you gave us this glimpse into your charming little home...it is wonderful. My home is a tiny little Cape...I wouldn't make it any bigger even if I could. It makes it so cozy and warm...just perfect!
You have a wonderful touch...please share more!!!

Blessings,
Susie

Pam @ Frippery April 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Very pretty. That sideboard is wonderful with all of your arrangements on top. I posted about your vintage Easter swap today. Thanks again for hosting it, Pam

Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage April 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

I absolutely loved seeing pictures of your lovely home....more please!

Mallory April 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

This so looks beautiful, mommy! :)

Anonymous,  April 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Hi Heidi!
how funny that I was just asking you how your house was coming along and now here's your beautiful pictures! I love seeing what my friends do to make their house into a home :) thanks for sharing, and please post more!

Missy

PamKittyMorning April 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

So pretty! And how clever are you with those trays!

roseylittlethings April 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Love the dresser/sideboard! I have been on the look out for one for my dining room, no luck yet! Your home looks lovely!

Donna April 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Your home is beautiful, and your quilts add a lovely touch!

Hugs,
Donna

julie mays April 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Love it. Very, very pretty....julie

Ribbonwood Cottage April 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

This is beautiful! I am definitely a quilt person! so I love decorating and using quilts everywhere! Your quilts are just beautiful. I am glad your home is shaping up and coming together! Have a blessed week.
Debbie

Rue April 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Hi Heidi :)

your home is turning out just as beautiful as those magazine shots you post. It's so much fun to decorate a smaller home isn't it? I just love it :)

xoxo,
rue

Sherri April 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Heidi, I love your "little" house and what you have done with it! I especially love the quilts. I have a wedding ring quilt from the early 1800's John bought me one Christmas many moons ago and I love it! Wonderful job you have done! Can't wait to see more!! By the way I am a huge fan of stock-the fragrance is absolutely wonderful!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME April 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Your home looks lovely. Many a house had a quilt for art and headboards in my life. I love that look. I can see you are really starting to enjoy it!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie April 14, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

I thought I was looking at pictures from a lovely shelter magazine! Your home is so inviting and lovely. Thank you for sharing it. laurie

♥ Noelle ♥ April 15, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

love the fresh flowers!! that is something i'd love to do but our cats always eat them!!! lol

noelle~

GranthamLynn April 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I loved the tour. I came over following your swap button. It was so pretty. I enjoyed reading your archives and your pretty posts and not so pretty ones as you mentioned awhile back. BTW I just wanted to say "Go girl". Don't be intimidated to stand up for what is right.
Blessings my sister.
Sherry

Hopechest Bride April 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Holly,
Simply Beautiful. The tray table in the bedroom is amazing. I never would have noticed if you hadn't told us it was a tray table. I'm doing that this weekend!! I love the quilt.
Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous,  April 15, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

You've done a wonderful job. Your quilts are beautiful and I love the chest of drawers you used in the kitchen and what you did on the top of it!
marcie

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum April 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

I love those flowers. I need to get some fresh flowers.

Rhondi April 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Hi Heidi
Your home looks lovely. It doesn't matter the size of our home. It's what we do with it that counts! You have a wonderful talent and it shows.
Hugs, Rhondi

the wild raspberry April 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

hey hey....look back a few posts and you will find that I have a quilt on my bed almost exactly like yours!!!!
my grandma made it for me. how cool.
chasity

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP