Related Posts with Thumbnails

A Pregnant Tummy Comes Between Me & My Candy".....

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

O.K., I'm warning you all!....I am so irritated!!!.....but not about politics,...just about "inconsiderate pregnant women"!!!......Earlier today, my daughter, grandson & I took off to do a bit of Easter candy shopping at Target. Now I'm fully aware, that it is days before Easter, so I was expecting a lots of shoppers, especially in the candy area....but rude I was not?.....All I wanted was to choose some cute candy for our Easter baskets!....I was able to get the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, but as we approached the "wall" of candy where everything else was displayed, there were two ladies who were just chatting away, monopolizing the entire wall! They obviously hadn't seen each other for awhile & were catching up, which I completely understand...however, could you please move to another aisle, maybe one a tad less busy!!!? At first I tried to be nice, reaching around them, excusing myself. Then I pushed our cart further down the aisle & came back to look cart-free?...The ladies looked at me, didn't even shift weight & just kept talking on & on about the pregnancy of one of the ladies!?...You would have thought no one had ever been pregnant before!...They were just going on & on!!! I know I sound horribly mean, but has anyone ever taught you any manners lady???....Your pregnancy is none of my concern,... except for the fact that your "swollen belly" is between me & the jelly beans!!?....Having had quite enough, I looked at the woman, who had now abandoned her cart in the middle of the aisle, in order to step closer to her friend, who now had her hands on the expectant mother's tummy!!???....So being totally beside myself, once again said "excuse me", pushed the pregnant lady's cart to one side & grabbed my candy!!....And you know what?...I don't even think she noticed???.....Unbelieveable?.....Of course this spurred on a conversation between my daughter & I about raising children with some concept of manners & consideration of others!.....
So after Target & settling down a bit, we decided to drive over to our local mall for lunch. As we approached the mall, deciding to park near Nordstrom....we see plenty of parking spaces & were thrilled to be able to park so close!.....But no!?...it couldn't be!?.....All 4 of these spaces were posted with signs saying.... "Reserved For Expectant Mothers"!!????..Are you joking???.....Wouldn't it make more sense for stores to reserve parking spaces for mother's with 2-4 kids?...I don't know?....but it seems to me they are more at a disadvantage than those who's child is still on board!?......
Sorry for being so cranky!.....I really do love "moms-to-be", ....but ladies please don't forget your manners!!!

17 comments:

Terry April 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Bless you !!!!!!
Yes manners matter,
I thought I was all alone in this
rude world lately.
My husband assures me I am not alone just outnumbered by all the ignorance or people who lack manners.
I mean to say what happened to simple common sense?
Anyway I am with you sister !
Happy Easter Week.
Blessings to you and yours.

RR April 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

i know exactly what you mean!not pregnant women but people who inconsideratly park themselves sometimes blocking entire aisles not to mention shelves!
or people that stop dead for literally minutes and stare at there shopping list in busy shops!

everytime i go shopping i seem to be surrounded by rude people and i end up smiling and being really polite etc and all you get are cold looks back when there the ones doing wrong

happy easter!

Pink Princess April 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

LOL I just read your daughter's BLOG on that same visit :-)

hugs

A Thrifty Mrs April 9, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

I think very many people are sadly lacking in manners - them being pregnant had nothing to do with it. They've quite obviously been dragged up rather than brought up.

Re parking I know that those spaces were very handy when I was hugely pregnant and the gaps between the cars was too small for me and bump to squeeze out in. But those spaces are most frustrating when there is no where else for you.

Anonymous,  April 9, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Does it really matter in the scheme of things? It always saddens me to hear when people get so angry about something that someone else did that they quite possibly have unknowingly done themselves at one time. I am sure we have all accidentally treated someone else rudely without knowing. I usually take times like that to try and look at myself and use it as an exercise in patience. These things truly do not matter...what matters is God, family, friends, and things that are a bit more meaningful then the candy at Target.

Preppy Mama April 9, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

Being a preggo myself I can totally agree with what you are saying. It really irritates me when people are so inconsiderate. And the parking spaces, few places near me actually have those, but Yes it would be more helpful if they said "Moms with kids"!! You know, I am surprised they were empty, around here the senior citizens park in them!

Cheryl April 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

You should have just put your hand on your tummy as you got out of your car. If asked, you could have said..."I just found out this morning I'm expecting!" LOL

You are just to nice...I would have said something to those two women, and I would have said it loudly lol

Sherri April 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Heidi, I don't think many people are considerate of others anymore. There are some that are exceptionally nice and would have gotten out of your way, especially after saying excuse me so many times! Then there are others who only thing of themselves and really just plain don't care what goes on around them. Sorry you had to deal with that and then the parking spaces!! I did chuckle though when I was reading your post!

Elise April 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

I was just at Target yesterday and a lady, old enough to possibly be my grandmother{or somewhere between my mom and grandma} told my son not to put his toy up on the conveyor belt thingie. I wanted to go heywire on her!! You don't need to tell MY son what to do and he was trying to help me. Ugh, some people!!
Elise

NadineC April 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Oh brother! I know what you mean about how they should have spaces for parents with kids! It used to take four times as much time to get in and out of the car and store with kids in tow, haha. Even though MY kids are now 28 and 30, I can still remember it was a MAJOR effort just trying to go buy a gallon of milk. Sometimes, people are just so wrapped up in what they are doing and don't think - they don't MEAN to be rude...but others seem to be just plain oblivious to the fact that they are IN THE WAY.....

Bonnie April 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Oh do I hear you!!!! It is absolutely amazing to me to watch and hear people sometimes. My list on "bad manners" has become a mini-novel, I believe. I can honestly say the parking spaces are a new phenomena to me & I completely agree - if an "Expectant Mom" is well enough to get herself to the Mall, she's well enough to walk a bit further from her parking spot. After all, she's going to need those muscles strong when she delivers, isn't she and isn't walking the best exercise????? Hellllllloooooooo....

Emily April 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I recently had an experience similar to this at the grocery store. I just wanted to get some ice cream and this couple would not move. They were having a "talk" with their two year old for like ten minutes. I was so annoyed. I felt like saying, "While you're at it, please teach your son to have what you lack SOME MANNERS."

Kathy April 10, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Funny, Heidi!
xo...Kathy

RosieJo April 10, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

I totally agree about the parking spaces for Expectant Mothers. I think they should include parking spaces for Grandmother's with at least 2 grandchildren under 4. I just don't have the stamina to carry a 2 yr old while I try to hang onto a 4 yr. old and my purse. And why are there never any stray carts around when I need one?

Sue April 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

I always try to spread some sugary NICE frosting on top of others grumpy, mannerless cupcake. I smile my sweetest and explain how I really need to reach the chocolate peanutbutter Hagen Daz and could they please skootch over a little. I know a lot of folks don't have as blessed a life as I do, they deal with aging sick parents, mean bosses and back talking teenagers.....they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and walk around out of sorts not thinking about others as they just try to deal with their own mess of a life. I want to spread niceness....it might be the only smile they get all day, even if they recieve it with a scowl.
Blessings~LillySue

Anonymous,  April 14, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Well around here I have never seen parking spots for expecting Moms. But..lol... I do agree with needing spaces up close to the store for Moms with kiddies. I remember what a major production it used to be trying to shop with two kids in tow. Hi Heidi...long time no see. How are you? I hope to get in on some more of your swaps soon. :) Oh and I forgot to say it annoys me to no idea when people stop to chat in the middle of isles especially at the grocery store.

Hopechest Bride April 17, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Holly,
I think pregnant women are the ones who need the exercise..don't you...lol I know when I was pregnant I never expected a parking space up close to save me a few steps. When you're pregnant walking is good for you. oh..and by the way, don't stand between me and my Jolly Ranchers jelly beans...pregnant or not ;o)
Blessings
Lisa

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP