Related Posts with Thumbnails

Today......

Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Today" was one of those days where my girls, Andrew & I decided to leave our "responsiblities".... & a "sink full of breakfast dishes" at home, & just spend the day strolling around "Balboa Park". For those of you not familiar with San Diego, "Balboa Park" is a large park right in the middle of town,...beautiful old Spanish architecture, museums, lovely landscaping & fountains.....It just so happened, that today, has been a cloudy, cool day ...even better to while away a few hours, with no agenda in mind!.....We took turns, "dancing" on the outdoor stage, "talking" to the fish & "throwing pennies" in each & every fountain!!!....Andrew brought his scooter, which might as well be an appendage to his active little body,.... while Holly, Mallory & I just "walked & people-watched"...... "Today" was "unplanned & unhurried"......& one of those days that will be fondly remembered for quite sometime.....

10 comments:

Jennifer@woodleycottage April 2, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Oh I just love those days that totally lack structure. It's nice to exhale and enjoy your family and surroundings. We take mini vacations in our community (there's quite a lot to do in San Antonio, even after living here for many, er, um, I mean several decades)! Glad you had a great day.
Jennifer

Terry April 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

Oh how I envy those carefree days ,
I am so glad there are others out there in this hurried world of ours that also love to stop and experience a breath of fresh air .
I love those random moments in life that just pop up at you out of the blue .They live on forever.
Thank you for sharing I feel so inspired to leave the dishes in the sink and just simply play for a little moment without any regard to schedules.
Have a fabulous evening.
Terry

Anonymous,  April 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Wow you live close to me I don't have a blog but enjoy yours very much. I live by the ocean in Carlsbad

mysteryhistorymom April 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Sounds absolutely perfect, Heidi! Oh, and I LOVE your sink!!! I know they cost a small fortune... Lori

Sherri April 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Oh Heidi, I'm so glad you all got to have an idealic day! I need a carefree day myself!!

Elise April 2, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

I love a good family day!!
Elise

Sam April 3, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

Just wanted to say thankyou for organising the swaps - I have received 2 wonderful swap gifts.

Will there be any more?
Count me in if so!!

Love and best wishes
Samx

Fleur de Bee April 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I think that idea is good! Good to leave things behind and really focus on what's important!!

xo

Andylynne April 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

I love Balboa park! Were the arches coverd in a wild aray of flowers. I love the space museum. Sounds as if your day was
a big hit. Unstructured is good in many directions.

Cottage Rose April 3, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Hey Heidi; Wow what a perfect day. It sounded like a beautiful family time was had by all. I just love days like that, we all have so few of them it seems. I hope you all have a great weekend.... That park sounds really great.

Hugs;
Alaura

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP