Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Shop & Compare"....

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hi Friends, Today a funny thing happened,.... my friend Ginny informed me that she had seen some pillows in the "Pottery Barn Catalog" that looked very similar to the ones I had designed for my Etsy shop, "Heidi Devlin Design". So of course I had to go on-line & check out the pillows at Pottery Barn. Well Ginny wasn't kidding!.....P.B. is offering their "Number" pillow (above)....a simple off white cushion printed with a large black number. It also has text on the back which is a darling touch! The pillow is sold as a "pillow cover" for $29, & you can purchase the pillow insert for an additional charge of $12. It has a zipper closing & measures 18" square. I have always loved the classic Pottery Barn esthetic, & this pillow is a great example of that.

However, a few weeks ago, without any knowledge that PB was going to have a "number" pillow,... I too designed one for my Etsy shop, "Heidi Devlin Design".....Months ago, I had seen the "number" motif printed on fabric & framed, as well as painted on buckets & accessories & thought how charming it would be on pillows!.....Therefore I offer a "Number" pillow as well...very similar, but with a few slight differences. My pillow measures 16" square & can be ordered in 3 fabric options....a light beige "oatmeal-y" cotton, a light tan burlap & a dark cocoa burlap, with a white denim coming soon for Spring/Summer..... You can also choose to have me "hand-stencil" either a "jet black" or" pure white" number on any of the fabrics....and can choose a "slip-stitched closing" or a pillow with an "envelope" backing. With my pillows, I thought it might be fun to be able to mix & match, since we all like to be able to personalize our pillows to our own tastes & decor. And best of all, my "Number" pillow is $26, including the pillow form!!....You can't beat that!
I have to assume that many designers will come up with similar designs, simple pillows with over-sized numbers & letters. It is lovely to have options, so whether you decide Pottery Barn or Heidi Devlin Design is where you might do some shopping, ...I just want to say I am flattered to be in such "good company"! Go check out our "Number" pillows!....Maybe "1", or "2" or "3" or "4" or "5"..............Happy Counting!......Heidi XO

4 comments:

Lisa~A Cottage To Me February 19, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

I saw these pillows on the PB site yesterday too! Yours are a lovely design as well. What would the S&H be for yours? Very nice!

Christina Dann February 19, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

I choose Heidi Devling Designs, of course! Your pillows are gorgeous and I love that you're able to choose the fabric and stenciling color. I can't wait until our living room rennovations are finished so I can start decorating, with your pillows of course :)

Sherri February 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I saw those pillows in the PB catalog the other day, but I like your better! Keep up the good work!

Cousin B February 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

That's so cool! See what an inspirations you are to "those people"? Love your pillows!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP