Related Posts with Thumbnails

Announcing my "Very Vintage Summer Swap"!....

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last year at this time, I was hostessing a series of swaps that I entitled, "Very Vintage Swaps". In these swaps I was encouraging the participants to create swap boxes for their partners filled with "vintage- inspired" items. So with Summertime just around the corner, I am most definitely feeling in the mood for a bit of antiquing!....I am wanting to hunt up some "buried treasure" & bring it home and create a few fresh new corners in my house!.....You know how a few charming trinkets can bring all you have back to life!...So with this in mind I've decided to host a
"Very Vintage Summer Swap"!

Now with this swap, I am giving you all a little more time to sign up & a little more time to spend putting together your swap boxes!....I don't want anyone to feel rushed or stressed!...afterall, summer is supposed to be carefree, is it not?

I am asking that each participant fills out a detailed "information sheet" so that their partner can truly fill their box with vintage items that they will indeed love!....With this swap I really want you to go to thrift shops, antique malls & flea markets looking for sweet vintage treasures that will simply delight your partner!....( limit for your swap box w/o postage is $25)

Example:
* If your partner loves old dishes,... try & find her a few lovely "old dessert plates"!....
* If your partner loves gardening,...hunt up a small, antique "watering can" or some "heirloom tomato seeds"!....
* If your partner is into antique jewelry,...choose a pretty flea market "bobble"!...

And with this swap, please don't use items from Big Box" stores or shiny new items!....This should truly be a "Very Vintage Summer Swap"!...

I will allow "handmade" items as well as they are accompanied along with "vintage items" too!

And include a favorite summer recipe!.....


And as always I ask you to wrap & present your box in a beautiful old fashioned way!!!
Example: pretty wrapping papers...lovely ribbons...darling tags & hand-written notes....

I truly think this swap could be a delightful way to begin the summer season!! If you would like to join me, please fill out the information sheet provided & e-mail it to me at heididevlin@gmail.com. And do fill it out!... in detail!

You will have from now till Friday, May 28th to sign up! And please let you friends & fellow bloggers know as well!.....I will e-mail you each a partner on Sunday, May 30th. You will have till June 18th to make up & send off your "Very Vintage Swap Box"! I hope you all will want to join me in this swap!....Afterall, Summer is for antiquing, thrifting & making new friends!!

Your friend, Heidi XO
***********************************

Information Sheet:
Name:
Address:
E-mail Address:
Blog:
Favorite color to decorate with:
Favorite color to wear:
Things I collect:
Favorite scents:
Hobbies:
Summer style: ( beach cottage, nautical, southern plantation, country cabin, farmhouse, primitive, etc.
Favorite magazines:
Favorite summer fruits:
Favorite summer Flower:
Favorite fantasy vacation destination:

15 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ May 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

this reminds me, i still haven't posted my goodies from your sweet daughter:( i'd love to join by i'm swapped out for now, bummer!! have fun tho, it sounds great!

Kelly L. May 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

question - what email should we use to send the info sheet to?

jen May 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I am in just sent my info I LOVE summer and Vintage! What an perfect Swap!
luvs and glitter
~jen

Wendy May 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

Sending you my info! This will be really fun.

Jackie May 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

just can't wait...your Easter Swap was one of the most fun things I have ever done and met the most delightful person as my swap partner. We found we had many things in common! I will be sending my info and anxiously waiting to see who my partner is. Can't wait to start looking for vintage treasures for her.

Robin Sanchez May 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

I would love to be part of this swap....where should I send my info?

Robin

thepaperroSe May 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

would love to be a part of this! Just participated in one through the shabby chic cottage.....sounds like fun!

Tania Pelletier May 8, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

I would love to be in the swap! I'll fill out the information sheet!

Tania

Unknown May 8, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

I'm already starting to think about fun packaging ideas! Just sent you my information sheet...

Lauree May 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

just sent in my info sheet. i am so excited... this sounds sooo fun!

agent736 May 21, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

I have never done this before but it sounds wonderful. I have gone back to your blog but was unable to find where to send my information to. What is the email addressyou want me to use? I'm excited!

Crazy Amy May 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

Hello - I'm looking forward to another swap! Thanks for hosting this Heidi and for such a fun theme!

Something Special May 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Is it to late to sign up for your summer swap. I am really enjoying swapping and getting to know more people that I have many things in common with.

Mrs. Cherry Heart May 29, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Is it too late to sign up?
I would really love to play!
That is if you have room for one more!

Thanks sweety,
Hugz, Dolly

P.S. come and enter my give away!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP