Related Posts with Thumbnails

A Lovely Pink Saturday to You!.....

Friday, May 21, 2010

I simple adore tall rubber boots,.... "wellies" if you will!....I grew very used to them, while living in rural New York a few years ago. In fact, our first summer was very cool & very, very rainy!....My wellies were unpacked & became my standard footwear!....

Placed by the backdoor, they were a must when running to the barn or working in the garden...& I found myself very appreciative of their lovely height, when getting a bit too near the slippery edge of our frog-filled pond!
My wellies proved to be an all-year staple for me, paired with shorts in summer ( a very chic summer look!) & socks in the winter, my wellies became a dependable friend.

Now back in warm California, my dear "footwear friends" reside in the back of my closet, seldom experiencing the adventures they once had. ....But now & again, I will take my beloved wellies out, & we will dream of knee deep mud puddles.
Maybe someday........

Enjoy your Pink Saturday!...Thank you Beverly at "How Sweet The Sound" for hostessing.....

Your friend, Heidi XO

16 comments:

Lynn-Teacupstitches May 21, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Hello Heidi!
How fun are those boots!!! And such a happy shade of PINK!
Thank you for the smile today :-))
Lynn

Jennifer Scull May 22, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

omg! I LOVE your wellies! I have been after hubby to get me a pair for ages..... I finally found some that have a wonderful pink bow on them, and he just doesn't get it... so happy you have a pair! :)

happy Pink Saturday!

Rebecca Nelson May 22, 2010 at 6:42 AM  

What I wouldn't give for the PINK BOOTS!

Thank you for sharing my friend. WELLIES...lovely!

xoRebecca

Erika May 22, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

Hello Heidi, I LOVE those boots. I'm also a huge fan of rubber boots, but never seem to find the right one! :D
Happy Pinks,
Erika

Nanna May 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

don't think I"ve ever seen them in pink, too cute!
Helen

vickie May 22, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Happy Pink Saturday. I love your photo of your Pink Wellies! I have some with pink roses. Thanks for sharing!
Vickie

fiberdoodles May 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Oh what fun boots! Happy Pink Saturday!!

Anonymous,  May 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown May 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

What darling boots, Heidi! Get them out of that closet, decorate them or use them on your porch amongst the flowers ... they are too cute to be in hiding.

Have a great weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Angie at Home May 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

love it... I want a pair of pink boots....

Angela

Becky May 24, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

Heidi, I LOVE those pink boots! I've been out looking for cute rainboots lately and those pink ones are just the best! Happy Pink Saturday.

Sherri May 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

I love the wellies Heidi!! I used them alot when I was living in NJ and we had a 13 acre farm. I would wade into the stream in the Spring and never had to worry about wet feet! They also came very handy in the pasture.

chasity May 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

cute boots...
i've had my eye on one pair lately that i just love.
don't you feel like a kid splashing around in them?! :)

have a wonderful day heidi.

chas

Saucy May 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

Dear Heidi,

I am writing to make your acquaintance... we are swap partners for Molly's Crown Swap at Fleur de Bee Blog!

We should exchange questions and info etc, let's keep in touch. I am off to "investigate" about you on your blog...!

xoxo
Sasha

Annelie May 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

Like your boots. Mine are blue and old and boring and time to find a good replacement for.
Shouldn't be a problem though. In the past few years there has been an explosion of cool wellies.
I have Ina's cookbook Back to basics, but I've never tried her fish recipe. After seeing your post and review, I just have to.
I like your blog.

Annelie

Anonymous,  May 30, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Cute photo! Very nice blog.
Pink boots, yahoooooo!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP