Related Posts with Thumbnails

New Designs in My Shop...Newsletter Just Sent...& a Recipe Too!!

Monday, May 10, 2010

My "Crowned Crow" pillow....& "In God We Trust" pillow......

Good Morning Friends, Just a little update from my house to yours!.....Lots of gorgeous new pillows designs are filling my etsy shop, Heidi Devlin Design! Please stop by for a quick visit! Also this month's "Living Little with Heidi" also was sent this weekend, so if you still not receiving it yet please let me know & I will send the May issue to you right away!....It is a wonderful issue with rhubarb recipes & great ideas for table settings & how to ready your yard & outdoor spaces for summer!....

And along with that I thought you all might enjoy one of the rhubarb recipes included in this month's "Living Little"!...."Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Pie"...incredibly scrumptious for breakfast or this evenings dessert!!! (Recipe at end of post)

I am up to all kinds of projects today!...And have fun with all of yours as well!

Happy puttering!......Your friend, Heidi XO

" Queen Bee" pillow.......so charming!

"Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Pie".....you must try it!
And please let me know if you would like me to be sending you my monthly on-line newsletter,
"Living Little with Heidi"! It is filled with ideas for your home & garden! Lots of recipes & great inspiration!....Enjoy your day!!.....

Strawberry-Rhubarb Streusel Pie (This recipe came from Recipe Zaar)

Ingredients

  • 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (or frozen, thawed)
  • 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (or frozen,thawed)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 9" unbaked pie shell

Topping

  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup hard butter

Directions

1. Turn into pie shell.
2. To make topping; combine dry ingredients and cut in margarine until crumbly.
3. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for about 50 minutes.
5. Combine fruit, sugar, flour and lemon juice and stir well.

6. Cut into 8 wedges.

4 comments:

Lady and Librarian May 10, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

Beautiful pillows~! And the pie sounds amazing!

Audrey May 11, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

Is step #5 supposed to be first??? Looks yummy. I saw some rhubarb for sale yesterday - think I will stop today and get some.

The Cutest Cottage Lamps May 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Hello Heidi,
Love the rhubarb recipes! Rhubarb is just about the only fruit I can grow outdoors here! Thank goodness we love it! Going back a few posts ago, I read your comments on the "Health Care Bill" slippy-slidy through the congress & senate...you are right; our representative and the Obama administration SHOULD be on this plan since they are forcing it on the rest of us. Our country is in a sad state of affairs!
xoxo
Marilyn

Fleur de Bee May 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bee pillow!! May need to add ruffles however...you know me lol! They are all so beautiful! Everything you do is!!

xo Molly

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP