Related Posts with Thumbnails

my new summer obsession......

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My new obsession....."aqua blue glass canning jars"!.....I know they are not a new idea, but for me they are!....& for some reason they are just calling to me!....

* They are asking me to fill them with fresh, strawberry jam.....
*They are begging for floppy purple hydrangea heads straight from the garden.....
*They are saying they are the perfect container for pure white Q-tips & cotton balls.....
& They are suggesting being displayed with a chunky votive candle, in a bed of sand...
( how lovely illuminating the patio)....

So now you know!.....

The hunt has begun.....

& I'll be keeping you posted!

Your obsessed friend, Heidi XO

(P.S. so what is your summer obsession?)

9 comments:

Preppy Mama May 16, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

I love the look of them, especially in the Summer with pretty wild flowers in them.Can't wait to see what you do with yours. My latest obsession is old pewter cups.I have been filling them with flowers.
Have a great week!

Beansieleigh May 16, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

Hi Heidi! Aren't they beautiful?!! I agree! I've been grabbing these wherever I can find them for a while now.. and use them for everything! Like you say q-tips, cotton balls.. and then sewing notions (buttons!), baking ingredients, hair and beauty accessories, etc. LOVE them! ~tina

Olivia May 16, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Oh my I love them too! I have 2 in my booth and then i have one that someone made a lamp into. They would be really cute in a laundry room with pretty buttons!
HUgs,
Olivia

Kansas Amy May 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Wow! Now they are calling me too!

Stacey May 17, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

Me too Heidi! I've been staring at them on Etsy and Ebay. Have you found any in person? I have to have some!

BailiwickStudio May 17, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

I love them too! Especially with fresh flowers. Just yesterday I bought an aqua seltzer bottle to go with my mason jar collection - the color is so yummy. ::Jill

Sherri May 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

I have some of these jars and I store my loose tea in them!

GwendolynKay May 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

I too love blue canning jars... they look so charming with flowers in them.
Blessings
Gwen

Anonymous,  May 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Beautiful!
my obsession (although I haven't collected any yet) is antique silver~ forks, spoons, knives. I've decided that I love the look and feel of the old stuff and don't even care if they don't match each other... all the more exqisite that way!

love and hugs,
Missy

ps. did you get my email?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP