Related Posts with Thumbnails

Favorite Photos of Mine....

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hello friends, I happened to be sorting through an assortment of photos yesterday, & found a few that I had saved,... either to be enlarged, framed, etc..... but of course had forgotten all about??? I hope I am not the only one, who takes pictures, sets them aside (with the best of intentions!) & then finds them again months later, usually when hunting for something entirely unrelated!? I would like to think of myself as a somewhat "together" person, but these are photos that are special, that transport me back to the moment they were taken & truly tug at my "heartstrings"? Why would I allow these precious photos to be forgotten????......I guess it boils down to trying to do too many things in too little time?......Well, not any more, my friends!....These photos, among a few others, are not going to be hidden away any longer! They have been rescued at last!! They will be framed!.... They will be hung!...They will be enjoyed!


Last fall, in celebration of my 50th birthday, my husband ( very sweet for doing this!) took me, our two daughters, Holly & Mallory & our grandson Andrew to NYC for a few days. It rained most of the trip, which for us was a nice change from sunny So Cal. I snapped this photo of the girls & Andrew on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. We had just had breakfast & were walking to the "Museum of Natural History"...the dinosauers were waiting for us to visit! As I look at this photo...I can feel the raindrops & the cool, moist air of that morning.... for me this picture encapsulates some of the things I love most,... my "family", "drizzly, gray days" & "NYC"....


This picture is of "Fairfield Church"....it is a very old church at the end of our road in Newark Valley, New York. I simply love this photo......


This may be my one of my all-time "favorites".......a photo of myself & Andrew....we were standing in the front yard our house in rural upstate New York......


And this recent photo,... so special! My two "favorite fellas"....Ter & Andrew.....Note: notice the matching outfits?....All their own idea!!!...off to the golf course!!


** A special thank you to Chloebella, Joy at Cupids Charm, Bailiwick Designs, Anne S. & Bari A.!! I so appreciate your wonderful comments!...Thanks again!.....

5 comments:

Carol May 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

They should be framed and enjoyed as they are lovely family photos. I love a little family gallery.
Isn't it great to get out the old photos...such fun. We have done this recently with the birth of Jude...of course i had to get out old photos of Katie...didn't I!
Love your kissing one.
Carol xx

Anonymous,  May 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

These are such lovely photos, I have been doing that..... framing them and putting them on the wall.

Rhondi May 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

My favorite photo is of you kissing the wee baby. It's precious. Isn't it great being a grandma?
Rhondi xo

Anonymous,  May 1, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Hi Heidi Ann,
Happy May Day! It does bring back some good memories doesn't it.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Ragged Roses May 2, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

What beautiful photos, Im so glad you found them again and shared them with us
Kimx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP