Related Posts with Thumbnails

I've been tagged!!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

This morning while checking my e-mails, comments & favorite blogs, I had the nicest surprise. My friend Sian, from A Diary of a Tinyholder wrote & told me that she had "tagged" me! Well I am just delighted!...thank you so much Sian!,.....Six weeks ago this whole blogging world was a mystery to me...I hardly even knew what a blog was?.....Then one day I was on Martha Stewart's website, where I happened to see her blog. I started reading her's & loved hearing about her everyday doings. Then I read a couple of Martha's favorites, one of which was Jenn Docherty from "oh happy day", which again I felt was just wonderful!...The next thing I knew I was starting my own blog along with my little etsy store. My blog is basically my thoughts on everyday life & my etsy store a place where I can sell quilts, runners & pillows. (In a few weeks I will be adding a small collection of vintage inspired baby & children's clothing as well!...) ....Becoming a "bloggette"has been one of the best experiences ever! To realize that you have friends all over the world that share your same interests?, along with opening your eyes to new ideas?....how amazing is that!!!! I so appreciate you all! ..........Thought I'd sit down and see how this tagging works...



The rules: I have to answer 6 questions about myself. At the end of the post, I then tags 6 people and posts their names, then go to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read my blog for the rules. Then, I must let the person who tagged me know when I've posted my answers.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

............Ten years ago I was living in a big colonial house in a neighborhood east of San Diego, California. With the encouragement of my friends I had just started my interior design business, which consists of consulting, shopping for clients ( antiques & interesting pieces), painting furniture, sewing, etc. I started small, working from our home, but quickly found there were lots of ladies out there wanting my ideas! Thank you all!!! It provided me with an opportunity to make money & still be home when my girls (at the time, 14 & 16) got home from school! Has worked out very well!


2. 5 things on my to do list today?

....Today is Friday, so let's see?....
#1- I need to deliver some drapery hardware to a client....
#2- Will return & spend most of the rest of the day sewing.... drapery panels ( very pretty, white twill with black grosgrain ribbon trim!), & also finishing up my grandson Andrew's "airplane" jammies & some darling baby blankets & bibs for my etsy shop....
#3- Need to take a hour or so this afternoon & stack up a few of my roses. They are blooming like crazy, but have now crossed the line into "out of control"!
#4- Vaccumn!!!....with 5 people & a 4 year old in the mix, 3 LARGE & lazy dogs, & three cats & lots of toys & sewing projects...mu house ALWAYS needs to be vaccumned!
#5-Make a short trip down the road to one of the fruit stands to pick up a 1/2 flat of "strawberries"...Really want to make a "strawberry tart" for dinner.....

3. Snacks I enjoy?

.....Oh my!...the list is so long!??...Well, right now the local "strawberries" are just amazingly good! I LOVE those!...Also am a huge "cookie" fanatic!...I have a very large, glass cookie jar that it always a challenge to keep full!...always, nibbling cookies!!....sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, peanutbutter, etc. etc......LOVE them all! ( & Oreos too, Sian!)....also "sugared orange slices & malt balls!...hardly ever have these around or I would eat them all, ...but doesn't stop me from wanting them!)........


4. Things I would do if I were a millionaire?

.....Selfishly, I would purchase a lovely old brownstone on the upper west side of Manhattan on a tree-lined street,...to use as a second home! Wouldn't that be something!!! I still want to live in the country with lots of property, but a few times a year, I would like to come to NYC, wander through Central Park & stop by Bergdorf's & buy lots of very expensive purses!!!!....Unselfishly, I would love to be able to give large chunks of money to charities that help children.... we all can give what we can everyday, but wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to donate a huge amount that could build a new wing at a children's hospital, or be able to pay college tuitions for lots of deserving students!!!

5. Places I lived?
....I was born in the Pacific Northwest, in Spokane, Washington. After my husband & I got married & had our two daughters, we moved to Escondido, La Mesa, & El Cajon, all towns outside of San Diego, California. Then about 4 years ago we moved to Newark Valley, a rural village in upstate New York. We were tired of the fast pace of So.Cal & opted to move to an area we had never been & one that was much quieter! Than 2 years ago we moved back to California,...to Valley Center, a rural little town north of San Diego.


Right, now I have to tag 6 other people.....The people I have chosen to "tag" are the following....

#1- Steph, at "Curlew Country"

#2- Rhondi, at "Rose Colored Glasses"

#3- Heidi, at "Celebrate the Seasons"
#4- Cherry, at "Tales from Pixiewood"
#5- Holly, at "Mommy Holly"
#6- Carol, at "Clover Yard"
Thanks so much for tagging my Sian....Hope all you ladies enjoy this as much as I did! Off to start the day! Happy weekends to you all!........Heidi :)

-

4 comments:

mommyholly May 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Yay, I've been tagged! :) Thanks, momma!!! hehe!

Tinyholder May 23, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

I love reading these tags it's so interesting to find out about other people's lives! :-)

Donna May 24, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

I love your blog and it was good to get to know you!
~Donna

Tonya May 24, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Somehow I missed the fact that you have an etsy shop! What beautiful things you have for sale! I love getting to know more about you: )

I know what you mean about the vacuuming, if we don't do it everyday here, things get very scary LOL I want to see those pajama pants when they are done and the curtains, they sound gorgeous!

How cool to be able to earn a living doing what you love and still be able to be home with your children!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP