Related Posts with Thumbnails

"The Simple Woman's Daybook"......

Monday, September 22, 2008

Today I am participating in "The Simple Woman's Daybook". It is an idea thought up by Peggy @ "The Simple Woman".....Thank you, Peggy! I love to go to all the others ladies blogs, to see what each of them are up to today & this week!.....Visit Peggy for a list of all who are joining her today!........

For Today...

* Outside my window.....The air is so cool, & thick with mist this morning,.... that I am imagining I live deep within the English Countryside!

* I am thinking.....about all the things I want to accomplish today!

* I am VERY THANKFUL for.....the obvious,.... "family, home, & health".......

* From the kitchen..Just now my youngest daughter Mallory is making up a batch of "Malto-Meal"!...I had not thought of it in years! Then for some reason we were chatting about what I grew up on "breakfast-wise", with my girls & "Malto-Meal" came up?...So while shopping the other day, I indeed found it & bought it!...We are all trying to eat better, so this morning Mallory was making some for herself before she left for another day of school ( she is an art major at San Diego State University).....& guess what?..She liked it!!! Healthy eating may have a chance in our house!!!.....Later today however, a very large batch of "oatmeal cookies" will be giving our home a delicious aroma!

* I am wearing....."black yoga pants & a black t-shirt"....& barefeet.......haven't quite gotten to the "getting dressed" part of my day!

* I am reading..."Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer....Since both my daughters, many of my blogger friends & the entire world is chatting about this series, I decided I too would see for myself!..I'll keep you posted! :)

* I am hoping...for a enjoyably productive week!....organizing "quilt" projects, sewing "Christmas treeshirts/stocking" for clients & planting the Fall garden.....

* I am creating....some adorably sweet items for my 2nd etsy shop "babypeople"....which I want to add soon!...winter flannel blankets, diaper bags & pillows.....

* I am hearing...the "morning financial news" on Fox.....I am in my husband's office making this post, while he too is working at the other end of the room!

* Around the house...It is still very quiet. Our three large dogs are asleep at our feet,.... I hear a few stirrings upstairs by my daughter & grandson.....the wonderful smell of coffee has found it's way from the kitchen to the office.....and a few little birds outside are welcoming a new day!

* One of my favorite things...The crispness of "Autumn"....I love this season!!!...want to enjoy each & every minute of it!

* A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Lots of lovely household/garden chores, readying the house for "Fall"!.....Also looking forward to dinner at my dear friend Tere's house on Friday night!...A group of my friend's get together every month to share dinner & chat!...I am so looking forward to it!

*Here is...A photograph of a bit of my living room & staircase....See all the quilts?...They are all coming down today. They each need a good washing & then will go back, adding such "pretty coziness" to our home!...Wishes are being sent to each of you for a happy week!......Heidi XO

15 comments:

Katy September 22, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

I love all the quilts in your living room!!!! Beautiful! You do such a wonderful job with them!!!! :)
I hope you are well Heidi! xoxo

Louise September 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

What a fun meme! I love this one. And your week sounds delightful.

mysteryhistorymom September 22, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Heidi- I love Malt O Meal! Memories of my childhood... I need to buy some for the cooler weather.:) Jeff was in a bike accident yesterday and almost ended up in the hospital... I am playing nurse today and the girls and I are trying to help him feel better.:) (Oh, I started "Twilight" 2 days ago and sneak a few pages every chance I get...:) ) I'll try and write you a letter later today. Have a lovely day! Lori

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

beautiful home! I could snuggle up with one of your mazing quilts now! (as I type, I am under a blanket and hot water bottle - england is brrrr! in the evenings now!)

I hope your package arrives any day now :)

amanda xx

BailiwickStudio September 22, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

I wish you a wonderful week! It sounds like it's already off to a good start! ::Jill

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Sounds like you have a lovely week in store. Your quilts are beautiful! I love the way they instantly make a room feel cosy & inviting. Have a wonderful week, Heidi!
xo,
Lynda

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

That was wonderful, Heidi. Life is good. You create a warm and loving home.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden September 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

Mmm, I love matl-o-meal, or cream of wheat. I like mine with a T. of ff/sf butterscotch pudding mix and sugar free Mrs. Buttersworth syrup. Yum.
I can just imagine the fresh smell of your room with newly laundered quilts!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy September 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Ooh those pretty quilts bring gladness to the heart!!! Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us!
M.L.

Tamara Jansen September 23, 2008 at 12:56 AM  

Love all your different layers in your living room.

Tracy September 23, 2008 at 5:50 AM  

Hi, Heidi! LOVE all your quilts...they are stunning...and look so good hung up to see! Enjoyed hearing about your Monday. I've been thinking of joining in soon on this "Simple Woman's Daybook" too...nice way to start the week :o) And sounds like yours if off to a good start...Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Tracy September 23, 2008 at 5:50 AM  

Hi, Heidi! LOVE all your quilts...they are stunning...and look so good hung up to see! Enjoyed hearing about your Monday. I've been thinking of joining in soon on this "Simple Woman's Daybook" too...nice way to start the week :o) And sounds like yours if off to a good start...Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

onlymehere September 23, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

I do love all those quilts, they're what drew me to your blog in the first place!! This is a very neat idea that you did this morning! I'll have to check the others out later.

Polka Dot Moon September 23, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

Oh your room looks so cozy! The quilts are lovely.

Enjoy your week Heidi :)
Denise

threesidesofcrazy September 23, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Beautiful quilts Heidi. Don't just love fall and how it makes you feel? Sounds like you have a nice cozy family week ahead of you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP