Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Barefoot Contessa's "New Barn"......

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Last week my dear friend Lauren & I got to together for dinner. We haven't had the chance to do this in some time, so it was an evening of continual chatting, laughing & a little eating!....We just had the best time catching up!.......At the end of our dinner, Lauren handed me a beautifully wrapped birthday gift...my birthday having been a few days ago......and it turned out to be Ina Garten's brand new book!...."Barefoot Contessa-Back To Basics".......Lauren knows just how much I love to cook with Ina's incredible books, ....so "thank you, thank you" my friend!
As many of you know, who follow Ina Garten's television show on the Food Network &/or read her monthly food column in "House Beautiful", you already are aware of the beautiful "barn", Ina & her husband Jeffrey have built across from their East Hampton home. House Beautiful did a lovely layout in their November issue & I thought you all might like to see some of the photos "HB" posted in their article!.....Ina is now taping all her new Food Network shows from her barn's kitchen & herb garden......as well as showing glimpses of it in her gorgeous new book!.....I highly recommend anything Ina does,.... cooking, gardening or overseeing the new construction!.....I so appreciate all the "inspiration" she gives us all!.....

What a great desk to work at!!......

Simple "neutrals",... mixed with great architecture......


Ina's eighteen foot "island".......& "quietly casual style"....



Ina Garten on the patio of her new "barn".......& much like her food, it too has such a "fresh & earthy elegance".......Enjoy your Sunday!.........




17 comments:

Stacey November 9, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Beautiful. Imagine having that as an extra kitchen!

bigbucketgirl November 9, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

I'll have to look for her book(s) in the library. I've heard of her but never read/seen anything of hers. Shame the library is shut now!

Your swap parcel is ready to go tomorrow..the lady(!) in the post office couldn't give me a timeframe for delivery! So i'm resorting to crossing my fingers and wishing for a speedy, intact journey! Hope you enjoy!

Gone November 9, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

I love cooking the Ina Garten way, too! Her new barn is simply to die for!!! I love the island!!!

Happy Birthday, Heidi!!! Belated, as it is.

~Blessings,
Jan

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME November 9, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

I love Ina. Always have. I would love to see her barn...but in my world...that is a mansion!

Kathy November 9, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Some barn, huh? Beautiful!
Kathy

imjacobsmom November 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

I love Ina, too. I just love her style. Wouldn't you just love to have that "Barn" in your backyard? Think of the entertaining and the cooking.....Robyn

Charlene November 9, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Thanks for sharing! I would love a barn. It wouldn't even have to be fancy!

Red Geranium Cottage November 10, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

I love Ina's show and her recipes. I've gotta check out that book. Loved seeing her new barn.

Tamara Jansen November 10, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

I'm going to have to check that book out to....the house photos are just FAB! Thanks for sharing that :)

Tracy November 11, 2008 at 2:51 AM  

Oooo...that place looks like home sweet home! :o) Happy Day, Heidi ((HUGS))

Anonymous,  November 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Thanks for sharing those pictures of Ina's home. How gorgeous is it? That huge island and table are to die for.

Gretchen

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme November 12, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

I love the Contessa, I have an 18 foot island in my kitchen too.....NOT! :) I wish I did! perhaps some day, I'm going to put that on my wish list! Nice book, thanks for sharing, I may have to look that one up for drooling purposes :)

Have an awesome day,
Kathi :)

Heather November 12, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

I am going to have to get the book! I love her! But, sadly have not been following her lately as the tv is always set on Noggin!! LOL!! Maybe I need to get the book AND a second tv!!
How funny, I just told my husband the other night that I want to find an old barn and convert it into a house. Maybe if I show him Ina's "barn" he won't think I am so nuts afterall!!!
Heather:)

Heather November 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

AND HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Hope it was a wonderful day for you!
Heather:)

Unknown November 14, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

I love this home; thanks for sharing it with us!

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY May 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

I loveeeeee INA.Her voice always calm me so I leave an episode on TIVO.If I have trouble sleeping or am nervous I just turn her on.
I do wish she would go back and forth,lol.I love her house also and miss seeing it ,aside from older episodes.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP